KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Breaking News ticker on Setanta:

Setanta sports news sources; Kevin Keegan has left Newcastle"

:(

There goes the hope then.

Does it fuck, they know nothing more than Sky Sports News.

I'm not believing anything til it's confirmed.

Does anyone know where Keegan is now?  If he was sacked during a meeting at the ground, surely he would have left the ground by now.

My point is, if he is still at the ground some-time after the alleged meeting, this would support him staying on, or not yet being sacked.  If he'd been sacked he would have left the ground almost immediately.

People had said on ToonTastic that he left early this morning, before 9am. How do you know he wasnt sacked or had left back then?

Then, as they did with Allardyce, they would announce it. Why wait?

EDIT - confirmed (groans)

but i reckon that Keegan has (quite justifiably) thrown his toys out the pram and resigned.

Justifiably my arse, there would be no excuse for the timing of it.

If it's true that it's because the club wanted to wash their hands of Barton and Keegan's throwing his toys out of the pram because of that, then Keegan would have gone way down in my estimation. He should stop getting himself involved in these one-man crusades.

Guest johnson293

Does anyone know where Keegan is now?  If he was sacked during a meeting at the ground, surely he would have left the ground by now.

My point is, if he is still at the ground some-time after the alleged meeting, this would support him staying on, or not yet being sacked.  If he'd been sacked he would have left the ground almost immediately.

Fully agree, if he was sacked there would be no chance of things changing, he would have left by now, more likely he wants to resign and they are trying to convince him to stay.

On the contrary they could be sorting out his pay-off if he has been sacked.

I agree with this in bold - if he was sacked, he'd be in, sacked and out again - the lawyers sort out the severence/compensation.

More likely he's trying to walk, and they are trying to keep him.

Or, he's just got a MASSIVE desk to clear out!!!

Apparently it is indeed a swap deal with Portsmouth.

Harry for Kev.

Harry gets his Spiderman and loads of random but talented South Americans etc.

Kev gets his prem experienced players like Defoe and Crouch.

Breaking News ticker on Setanta:

Setanta sports news sources; Kevin Keegan has left Newcastle"

Been the SSN ticker for hours now

Yeah, but Setanta were until now reporting he hadn't left, which was a small glimmer of hope.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Can't believe the club won't put out a statement on this. It's not a fair relationship with the supporters. They're taking the piss (all involved)