KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest black n white

no way can ashley stay now

You don't know what you're talking about.

show me your vision of the future or what you think?

once again the club spent nothing in net terms, so maybe keegan really did find it hard to 'spend within the budget'

"there you go son, 0p, don't spend it all at once. and as an extra promise, whatever you bring in i'll let you keep. to get you started, i've put up all your toys on Ebay, i hear Everton are after your playstation <nudge nudge>"

Yep, Keegan would have found it hard because he's been out of football for so long and didn't know the market.

Whoever it was that made the transfers hasn't found it so hard, getting in Jonas, Guthrie, Coloccini, Bassong, Xisco & Gonzalez, for Rozehnal, Milner, Emre, Ramage, etc.

looks like they found it rather hard all in all, coming in with 4 less than we needed.

Guest Toon Argy

He can stay but he will never get the fans on his side.

Guest cassidy3-1

keegan may well have known there would be a Director of Football when he was appointed.  I think he even confirmed that.

Surely though the point is whether that Director of Football, and everyone else in the structure has behaved in the way that Keegan was led to believe they would.

Whether or not Keegan knew about the set-up is irrelevant, the fact is that the public have been deliberately misled.

Exactly.

by keegan and the board

Keegan is sticking by his original story.

well did he say he had the final say........then he didn't...which was it ?

he says he was happy to work with wise and jiminez...now it doesn't look like he was ?

wise wasnt giving KK the respect he deserves, and boasting about it, KK is too big for that man.

Seems the other way around to me. Wise and whoever got Keegan some cracking players this summer, and he wasn't happy about it.

Which cracking players?

Umm, Coloccini? Guthrie? Gutierrez? Bassong?

Right, ok. Bassong's not started a Premiership game yet and Guthrie was apparently KK's, so I'm not sure we can count them as "cracking" players brought in by the new lot.

The other two, fair enough (so far) but for me, they've not improved the squad enough. On that sort of evidence, I could name you a "cracking player" signed by every other club in the Premiership this summer.

I think a crack recruitment team with no other duties should have more to show than a couple of good players. Any one of us on here could manage that.

At the end of the day we were asking for what Keegan wanted. Forget the Henry, Lampard tosh; Keegan openly said he needed cover at left-back. What did he get? A centre-forward and a midfielder on a year's loan who wasn't needed by his club. Notwithstanding any alleged details of what facts are that's crap recruitment; Wise, Jimenez and Vetere scouring the world for talent (club-class probably)and that's all they could manage? It's jobs for the boys at our expense.

Guest Howaythetoon

It doesn't matter whether KK agreed to work with a DOF or not, that's not the point and never has been. I'm sure he is actually on record saying he knew all about it before we appointed one and that he'd heard Wise was mentioned. I doubt the club when they appointed KK said look you can't have any say on transfers OK otherwise he wouldn't have signed. Given how amateur they are and KK's heart over head style I doubt the complexities of such a system were even discussed, not in any great detail anyway.

Getting in Guthrie, as pointed out, hardly seems like the act of a manager who's actually got his eye on the likes of Lampard, Pelé, Bobby Moore's reanimated corpse and M. Bison from the Streetfighter 2 series.

Let's not forget around the time he was signing Albert, Ginola, Ferdinand, etc. he was also signing Guppy, Drysdale & Kitson.

Has it been confirmed that KK actually had a confidentiality clause in his contract should he leave?

I agree with just about everything Indi has said in this thread recently and see no reason to add anything else to what he has said.

One of the few impartial people on here keeping everything in check and not deciding for themselves what has happened.

So you don't think their statement completely contradicts what they claimed previously?

Where did I say that?

I'm not saying you said that.

Answer the question: Do you think their statement completely contradicts what they claimed previously?

It looks like it, did Indi say it didn't? If so I disagree with him and take back my "just about everything" comment. Although nowhere does it specifically say he didn't have a final say. It might not have been in his duties to go looking for potential signings but that doesn't mean he didn't have a final say. To be honest I don't think Keegan is a liar so I'm really not sure what the deal is.

No I didn't, but then that's just reality, who gives a shit about that eh?

Guest Howaythetoon

Oh and didn't the club refute that Wise was a DOF and didn't Ashley claim his role was the academy and not transfers? More lies or maybe twisting of terminology to suit their side of the story.

He can stay but he will never get the fans on his side.

You don't know what will happen. He could appoint a new manager who goes on to win a cup or the league in a few years. He could also be the owner of the club the year we get relegated. No-one knows. This isn't the end of NUFC and it doesn't have to be the end of Mike Ashley.

does the statement mention anything abbout the owner, being the one who will mention WOW signings before telling the manager?

Dave, tell him....or now that Ashley's p*ssed Keegan off, was this statement true, and the board should have spent £15m on Jonas, £6m on Guthrie, etc. ;)

keegan may well have known there would be a Director of Football when he was appointed.  I think he even confirmed that.

Surely though the point is whether that Director of Football, and everyone else in the structure has behaved in the way that Keegan was led to believe they would.

This im certain is the crux of the issue.....Dennis Wise acted in a very unsatisfactory way with KK, this is accepted by people in the know at the club

Guest elbee909

Strange time to put out an official statement btw; 9.30pm on a Saturday night.

Isn't it?  Probably just uploaded that before heading out to buy favours of a lot of strangers with champagne.

Guest Howaythetoon

How could we be so dumb? How did we not see a three-year season ticket offer as a gigantic red flag?

WARNING - IT'S GOING TO BE s*** FOR A WHILE, BUCKLE UP.

Tell me about it. We've been duped well and truly. At least we now know Ashley's intentions and I for one plan to make sure he at least doesn't get anymore of my money.