KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest nufc_geordie

The title change is not good when you go to the football board... All I saw was "NUFC: Kevin Keegan R..." - that scared me!!!

Same here, for a second I was waiting for "resigned" when I opened up the thread.

Guest BeatMakerz

KK never came to training again this morning, Terry Mac took the training session  :shifty:

P.S - Nicky Butt came to training in a taxi  :nope:

Fucks sake SSN dont give in, They have just asked David Craig this, "So hes not quit and hes not been sacked, newcastle say he remains manager, so do we think hes now discussing compensation packages?"

Guest Guinness

I think you're all being very optimistic if you think the discussions are not still regarding his future. All that statement really confirms is is currently the manager.

According to the LMA they're having meetings about things KK is very concerned about.

I agree it's positive, but's far from over I think.

The discussions will be about everyone's future, including the club as a whole. They've seen the potential backlash now, and therefore know what it means to the fans.

Hopefully the backlash will result in the board doing whatever it takes to get KK today.

Guest BeatMakerz

KK never came to training again thisd morning, Terry Mac took the training session  :shifty:

Was pretty obvious he wasnt going to take training

Chill out, had to get the Nicky Butt bit in there somewhere, made what I was saying relevent  :pow:

AO saying in the Chron that Keegan definuitely wants to stay - quoting a source close to KK - but that KK wants to buy and sell his own players without interference.

Also reckons the Indian businessman Anil Ambani wants to make Ashley a £275m offer for the club.

KK never came to training again thisd morning, Terry Mac took the training session  :shifty:

Was pretty obvious he wasnt going to take training

Chill out, had to get the Nicky Butt bit in there somewhere, made what I was saying relevent  :pow:

I think it was Bramble and Babayaro who used to go to training in a taxi as well. Griffin with his Citroen Saxo and Kluivert with his Hummer.

The 57-year-old's eight-month reign looked over on Tuesday, with claims he had either quit or been sacked.

I love how they can just gloss over the fact it was they (amongst others) who made the claims.

The title change is not good when you go to the football board... All I saw was "NUFC: Kevin Keegan R..." - that scared me!!!

Haha, I win Andy. ;)

Actually, in a twisted kinda way, I think I win even more :razz:

I dont know if this has been said already.. i havent read anything else on this forum lately.

I think Keegan was shown the door yesterday morning; Keegan tells friends etc that he's been sacked; media get hold of the story; fans stur shit up outside st.james; the board realise its a bad decision to get rid of King Kev; now ongoing discussions with Kev?

... Probably been said before, but thats what i think is going on.

AO saying in the Chron that Keegan definuitely wants to stay - quoting a source close to KK - but that KK wants to buy and sell his own players without interference.

Great news if true. Let's hope Oliver gets something right for once.

Also reckons the Indian businessman Anil Ambani wants to make Ashley a £275m offer for the club.

This could be required tbh, depends on whether Ashley's had enough.

Guest hikickry

I dont know if this has been said already.. i havent read anything else on this forum lately.

I think Keegan was shown the door yesterday morning; Keegan tells friends etc that he's been sacked; media get hold of the story; fans stur s*** up outside st.james; the board realise its a bad decision to get rid of King Kev; now ongoing discussions with Kev?

been said numerous times. Although LMA said he might not have said he was fired to his mates, speculation that.

I think Keegan was shown the door yesterday morning; Keegan tells friends etc that he's been sacked; media get hold of the story; fans stur s*** up outside st.james; the board realise its a bad decision to get rid of King Kev; now ongoing discussions with Kev?

been said numerous times. Although LMA said he might not have said he was fired to his mates, speculation that.

Ah right... wish this whole situation would get sorted sharpish. Lets focus on this season ffs

I think Keegan was shown the door yesterday morning; Keegan tells friends etc that he's been sacked; media get hold of the story; fans stur shit up outside st.james; the board realise its a bad decision to get rid of King Kev; now ongoing discussions with Kev?

Either way it'll push Ashley to get some cover be it freebies until the Jan window where he will be expected to shell out, with no fannying about.

Out of all the signings I think Guthrie was the only one Keegan had a say in from the start

Great news if true. Let's hope Oliver gets something right for once.

This could be required tbh, depends on whether Ashley's had enough.

Agreed.