KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Keegan doesn't get to decide on who comes in and who goes which appears to be the case then he shouldn't be here. He is MANAGER and that included MANAGING transfer business.

and alan smith is still at the club

I'm sure Keegan knows that in an ideal worldBarton, Smith and Ameobi should leave. But the principle of this decision being taking out of his hands, without suitable replacements in, is wrong, no matter which way you look at it.

Precisely, I think this madras fella is just up for a bit of an argument and likes the role of Devils Advocaat.

THIS

this

i am playing devils advocate a bit as a lot of people are casting aspersions without any actual evidence so the other side of the coin should be represented.

I understand where you're coming from, but what are your honest feelings about this.

Do you believe the setup is working?as regards player recruitment...yes

Do you believe KK has or has not been undermimed?absolutly no idea

Do you believe that it was really KK's decision to sell Milner?bloody well hope so

Do you believe that it is healthy for KK to be just handed players he had no part in choosing (there is evidence of this in the post match interview of the Man Utd game when KK said "When I heard we'd got this guy called Spiderman, I looked him up")?i'm fine by it if the players are of that standard

Re: Milner. It's fairly obvious that something strange went on with that one.

Re: Signings. It is not the correct way to run a football club, just handing him players. He needs to have a say, but the evidence suggests otherwise on the Jonas one.

the milner one could be more straight forward ie i want milner to stay. ...... they're offering how much ? i'd like to keep him but we can't turn down that much for him.

the other way to look at the jonas one is that when he say "got" he means agreed in principle.

i'd like to see a list of the signings keegan wanted realistically up against vetere's and compare them.

And the bunch of brainiacs at BBC have annoucned the amazing............Keegan did not attend training this morning.

As it was well understood that he spent last night at a hotel in Manchester with his lawyers well that took some working out didn't it.

i should bloody hope he's not taking training, he's got more important things to do at the minute

If you listen to all the relevent qoutes though, Milner DIDN'T want to leave, Keegan DIDN'T want to sell, then all of a sudden Keegan says it's his decision to sell.

Why would he submit a transfer request if he didn't want to move?  He wasn't in the first team and he always wanted to play for Villa after his first stint there.

If you listen to all the relevent qoutes though, Milner DIDN'T want to leave, Keegan DIDN'T want to sell, then all of a sudden Keegan says it's his decision to sell.

Why would he submit a transfer request if he didn't want to move?  He wasn't in the first team and he always wanted to play for Villa after his first stint there.

keegan doesn't want to sell owen. however if someone bids £20million i think he'd snap their hands off.

If you don't find that a bit strange, you're in denial.

It's really not that strange: we got an offer that valued Milner higher than his wages reflected, and when it was refused, he wanted wages consistent with our valuation of him. We would either have to give him the wages of a £12M player, or sell him. So we sold him.

but the evidence suggests otherwise on the Jonas one.

Well, not really... Again, it's about how you interpret the quote. I don't believe for one minute that Jonas just turned up for training one morning, and Keegan had no say whatsoever in his signing.

It's pretty obvious that Vetere found him, and perhaps did the vast majority of the negotiating. But there's absolutely no way in hell that Keegan didn't ultimately get the chance to say yes or no to his eventual signing.

Just to add to this, I think people take quotes far too literally sometimes.

Anybody who has studied language, and in particular dialogue (and even those who haven't, really), will be aware that people very often miss out words based on the former context of the conversation. It seemed pretty clear to me that Keegan's "got" referred to having "found" Jonas, as opposed to having already signed him.

As in --

Vetere: "Kev, we've done our first wave of scouting and we've got this guy called Jonas who we reckon could be interested... Could be worth a look?"

Not as in --

Ashley: "Kev, this is Jonas. Jonas; Kev... You might want to watch a bit of youtube so you know what position to play him in and that..."

Guest Harry-Norway

Sack Dennis UnWise,he is a troublemake.

As long as such caracter still move around the corridoors at St.James there will never be peace and quiet

Make a banner for the Hull game with TAXI FOR  Mr.UnWISE

As long as such caracter still move around the corridoors at St.James there will never be peace and quiet

Can we please not make any more banners? Especially not ones that make us look like cretins and are based on rumour we now absolutely nowt about?

Can we please not make any more banners? Especially not ones that make us look like cretins and are based on rumour we now absolutely nowt about?

Or at least spell them right.

Guest johnson293

Well, if you believe the press that Wise is a/the trouble maker in all this, then you'll know that he won't be moving around the corridors at St James, will he??

He'll be moving around the corridors of the London Office of Newcastle United.  :pow:

Fuck of dwarf is a bit more catchy!

Anyway before people jump to conclusions just yet lets see what happens

It may not be wise that's at the root of this, it's the MD's responsibility to buy and sell players after all

It may not be wise that's at the root of this, it's the MD's responsibility to buy and sell players after all

See how easy it can happen?

Guest johnson293

I dont want Wise in any corridors around Newcastle United

Dont worry, there aren't any - just a few roads, few car parks and a bloody big park.

What me misspelling off?

Guest johnson293

Just got up, has there been any word from KK ?

Only through Richard Bavan (League Managers Association) who spoke with KK at length last night. He has not resigned, he is worried about certain issues at the club, and they will be in meetings over the next couple of days to try and sort it all out.

..and LMA guy doesn't think ongoing meetings/talks will be about compensation.

So hopefully heading towards/aiming for a peaceful resolution.

What me misspelling off?

Aye, before you know it you're carrying a misspelled banner to the game and looking like a mong on SSN.

Cheers lads, so is it Wise or Llambias that KK has the problem with or both?

Seems Big Mike may have some big decisions to make, he has to learn how to run a football club though, should get rid of both and beg Mort to come back..