KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

but the evidence suggests otherwise on the Jonas one.

Well, not really... Again, it's about how you interpret the quote. I don't believe for one minute that Jonas just turned up for training one morning, and Keegan had no say whatsoever in his signing.

It's pretty obvious that Vetere found him, and perhaps did the vast majority of the negotiating. But there's absolutely no way in hell that Keegan didn't ultimately get the chance to say yes or no to his eventual signing.

Just to add to this, I think people take quotes far too literally sometimes.

Anybody who has studied language, and in particular dialogue (and even those who haven't, really), will be aware that people very often miss out words based on the former context of the conversation. It seemed pretty clear to me that Keegan's "got" referred to having "found" Jonas, as opposed to having already signed him.

As in --

Vetere: "Kev, we've done our first wave of scouting and we've got this guy called Jonas who we reckon could be interested... Could be worth a look?"

Not as in --

Ashley: "Kev, this is Jonas. Jonas; Kev... You might want to watch a bit of youtube so you know what position to play him in and that..."

Would it actually suprise you if Jonas was just bought without Keegans say? In the current dilema it's very hard to be suprised by that suggestion.

I don't know, only Keegan/Ashley etc. knows, but Keegan OBVIOUSLY has issues with something behind the scenes. I can't really see a side to this that makes KK out to be anything other than "in the right".

Yes, I'd be extremely surprised due to the fact that he's lasted as long as he has without saying anything.

As others have said, I think the problem lies more with the outgoings rather than the incomings. Certainly in the case of Barton and maybe to a lesser extent Milner, and also including the Michael Owen contract scenario. It seems to me that the required efforts to keep the aforementioned players have been (or were, in the case of Milner) far more prominent on the part of Keegan than on the part of the board.

can someone post the statement, i cant get on site?!

Kevin Keegan - Latest Club Statement

Newcastle United Football Club can confirm that discussions are ongoing between the Board and Kevin Keegan.

Both the Club and Kevin would like to reiterate that Kevin remains as manager. He has not resigned nor has he been sacked, as has been confirmed in respective statements made by Kevin and Newcastle United Football Club.

He will stay, Ashley is in panic mode, I say Keegan has the upper hand now, they got a taste of what would happen if they sack him without very good reason. Slag the mongs and Chavs off all you like but looking out of SJP yesterday would have not been a good sight for Ashley, emails to SSN just aint enough is these kind of situations.

I really believe the 'discussions' aren't about Keegan's future now, I believe he is staying. NUFC and the LMA would never has made their respective statements if they thought there was any chance he would end up leaving.

I just hope they're ironing out the best way to go forward.

Well I'll repeat what I said much earlier in this thread.

If the result of all this shite is that a good manager stays and the club realise what is required to run a football club correctly, this could all be worth it.

Let's hope they thrash things out and move forward with the air cleared.

He will stay, Ashley is in panic mode, I say Keegan has the upper hand now, they got a taste of what would happen if they sack him without very good reason. Slag the mongs and Chavs off all you like but looking out of SJP yesterday would have not been a good sight for Ashley, emails to SSN just aint enough is these kind of situations.

I agree. It's just a shame that they were 75% charvers.

I agree as well, I just hope that we don't all turn against Ashley, as I still think he has the best interests of the club at heart and is doing the right things.

I agree. It's just a shame that they were 75% charvers.

They still went down to protest - more than a lot of us did.

Well I'll repeat what I said much earlier in this thread.

If the result of all this s**** is that a good manager stays and the club realise what is required to run a football club correctly, this could all be worth it.

Let's hope they thrash things out and move forward with the air cleared.

agreed. Once the window was shut i was really looking forward to moving on, then all this happened. But, if it results a happier KK, then so be it.