KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keegan still wants to manage Newcastle United

Sep 3 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

KEVIN KEEGAN still wants to manage Newcastle United

That is the word from the Keegan camp today.

A source close to the United boss told me: “Kevin still wants the job. Make no mistake about that. But he would like to be able to buy his own players.

“If he was allowed to bring in his own players and he failed he would be the first to hold his hands up.

“He has always bought flair players and players who can get people off their seats.

“You just have to look at what he did at Manchester City.

“The reason they are in the Premier League now is because Kevin brought in both Sylvain Distin and Nicolas Anelka. These were two masterstrokes.”

The latest United crisis is attracting attention from throughout the whole of the football world.

And nowhere more so than in India where billionaire Anil Ambani and his Reliance group are still more than interested in buying Mike Ashley out.

My information is that Reliance are still ready to put a £275m offer on the table for Newcastle United.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/03/keegan-still-wants-to-manage-newcastle-united-72703-21665441/

Keegan still wants to manage Newcastle United

Sep 3 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

KEVIN KEEGAN still wants to manage Newcastle United

That is the word from the Keegan camp today.

A source close to the United boss told me: “Kevin still wants the job. Make no mistake about that. But he would like to be able to buy his own players.

“If he was allowed to bring in his own players and he failed he would be the first to hold his hands up.

“He has always bought flair players and players who can get people off their seats.

“You just have to look at what he did at Manchester City.

“The reason they are in the Premier League now is because Kevin brought in both Sylvain Distin and Nicolas Anelka. These were two masterstrokes.”

The latest United crisis is attracting attention from throughout the whole of the football world.

And nowhere more so than in India where billionaire Anil Ambani and his Reliance group are still more than interested in buying Mike Ashley out.

My information is that Reliance are still ready to put a £275m offer on the table for Newcastle United.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/03/keegan-still-wants-to-manage-newcastle-united-72703-21665441/

Hope so.

The 57-year-old's eight-month reign looked over on Tuesday, with claims he had either quit or been sacked.

I love how they can just gloss over the fact it was they (amongst others) who made the claims.

Setanta this morning said "Certain media outlets yesterday claimed Keegan had been sacked..."  I could have sworn Setanta were one of them :)

They never did actually.

it was Sky

A clever Indian would buy the club and give Keegan a 5 year deal with full control on signings.

He would also keep Jiminez and his scouting team in place, they have done well this summer picking up the relatively cheap Spahiards/South Americans

fingers crossed.

i think that would be best all round :)

The 57-year-old's eight-month reign looked over on Tuesday, with claims he had either quit or been sacked.

I love how they can just gloss over the fact it was they (amongst others) who made the claims.

Setanta this morning said "Certain media outlets yesterday claimed Keegan had been sacked..."  I could have sworn Setanta were one of them :)

They never did actually.

it was Sky

They still gave it the 'Setanta sources say' thing.

Guest BeatMakerz

They never did actually.

it was Sky

I think you'll find Setanta jumped on the bandwaggon in the end  :pow:

A clever Indian would buy the club and give Keegan a 5 year deal with full control on signings.

He would also keep Jiminez and his scouting team in place, they have done well this summer picking up the relatively cheap Spahiards/South Americans

I think Ashley has done well but his funds are limited. A take over by this Indian guy would possibly give us the best of both worlds. Not only a good scouting system if we could keep everyone on board, but also big transfer money to keep Keegan happy.

Well the woman who brought the arabs to Man city said there's a few more looking for clubs

Ashley can either get them in as investment or sell I couldn't care which.

Hate the way it's going but to keep up we have to do it

Guest jjhughes

You mean you all have faith in Anal Oliver.

This is the same Indian geezer who came out and squashed the story last time it came up.Deluded.You'll even believe KK and pint swiller when they tell you they've patched up their differences.

Face it boys who in their right mind would want to buy Newcastle United.

Keep Breakdown Keegan and the Fat Man in charge please.I see only one way forward for this 'titan' of a club then ...DOON.

The laughing stock of the football world.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

This is the same Indian geezer who came out and squashed the story last time it came up.Deluded.You'll even believe KK and pint swiller when they tell you they've patched up their differences.

Keep Breakdown Keegan and the Fat Man in charge please.I see only one way forward for this 'titan' of a club then ...DOON.

Personally I think the prospect of buying Newcastle United is more appealing now than ever. Very little debts, decent playing staff, legend of a manager in charge and fans turning against current owner.

The script is there to be written for a new owner to come in and save the day.

Personally I think the prospect of buying Newcastle United is more appealing now than ever. Very little debts, decent playing staff, legend of a manager in charge and fans turning against current owner.

Agreed. We look ripe for a takeover tbh.

Agreed. We look ripe for a takeover tbh.

Have to agree as well

If Ashley's long term plan was to sell for profit then this way he can at least leave blaming it on the turmoil of the last few days.

This is kind of crazy.

Keegan wants total control over all transfers? Then how come he took the job in the first place? I'm pretty sure that he was told about the setup and he was never promised total control.

So he agreed to the conditions but is now trying to force a change?

So now people are hoping for another takeover?

How can we be sure these takeovers are for the best in the long run?

Deep down I can't help but feel it might be best to get a manager in who can work with the structure in place.

This is just all so insane ...

This is kind of crazy.

Keegan wants total control over all transfers? Then how come he took the job in the first place? I'm pretty sure that he was told about the setup and he was never promised total control.

Deep down I can't help but feel it might be best to get a manager in who can work with the structure in place.

Welcome to NUFC

This is kind of crazy.

No one actually knows if any of that is the case though!

This is kind of crazy.

Agree with this. Even if Mike patches things up this time how long before KK spits the dummy again

I wasn't particularly in favour of KK coming back - i saw it as a populist sop by an owner desperate to please fans at a club that he did not understand.

But Ashley have proven himself to be a f***ing joke, and an utter cretin, in a number of different ways, way beyond the appointment of a man he then hamstrung from the outset. FFS was also a c***, but at least he backed his managers. Ashley had f***ed it right up.

If Dennis Wise is in charge for the Hull game, which is mooted as a possibility, i'll not be going, and if he is put in place longer term, i'm cancelling my DD, offering the club the difference had i just got one years worth of tickets, and f***ing off. Whilst the club is always more important than the owner or manager, nowadays the club is increasingly defined by them, and i can't say i want much to do with a club that has Dennis f***ing Wise as a senior member of staff.

good. i'll have the DD NM.

We don't need a new manager or a new owner.

The best result possible out of this would be both remaining in place, and I still think that is the most likely outcome.

We need a new chairman tbh.

Everyone from Keegan to Wise via Ashley and Jimenez has a place at the club.

We've brought in some good young players (well potentially with the likes of Soderberg, Ranger etc) and the summer buys all look promising and were what we have all been crying out for.

We've even managed to get decent money for the likes of Emre and Milner to keep the books looking healthy (which despite what some people say is important).

What the fudge Llambshagger does is beyond me. He is the weak link

This is kind of crazy.

No one actually knows if any of that is the case though!

imo i think the conflict will be more about players being sold or attempted to be sold rather than brough in. KK has stated many times he is delighted with who we have brought in. If this is the case, then KK has every right to kick off. Again, just specualting.