KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumours posted on Toontastic that Wise is for the sack, after seriously undermining Keegan on transfer dealings.

Large pinch of salt required obviously, but if there's any truth in it then we might still come out of this with everyone happy.

Fingers crossed.

I'm certainly not part of the Lynch Dennis Wise mob that's sprung up out of this. Since no one knows what actually happened. But if it takes Wise going to get the club back on course with KK as the boss, then I'm all for it.

why the fuck do they keep bringing up this 'not at training' thing, now saying if he's not there tomorrow then its gonna mean something serious....THEY'VE SAID IN THE OFFICIAL STATEMENT THAT DISCUSSIONS ARE ON GOING, IS HE SUPPOSED TO TAKE TRAINING AND BE ON THE PHONE TO THEM AT THE SAME TIME!?

why the f*** do they keep bringing up this 'not at training' thing, now saying if he's not there tomorrow then its gonna mean something serious....THEY'VE SAID IN THE OFFICIAL STATEMENT THAT DISCUSSIONS ARE ON GOING, IS HE SUPPOSED TO TAKE TRAINING AND BE ON THE PHONE TO THEM AT THE SAME TIME!?

Wow you're really passionate about that one, aren't you ?

Rumours posted on Toontastic that Wise is for the sack, after seriously undermining Keegan on transfer dealings.

Large pinch of salt required obviously, but if there's any truth in it then we might still come out of this with everyone happy.

Fingers crossed.

I'm certainly not part of the Lynch Dennis Wise mob that's sprung up out of this. Since no one knows what actually happened. But if it takes Wise going to get the club back on course with KK as the boss, then I'm all for it.

Lynch him anyway if it settles the others down.

why the f*** do they keep bringing up this 'not at training' thing, now saying if he's not there tomorrow then its gonna mean something serious....THEY'VE SAID IN THE OFFICIAL STATEMENT THAT DISCUSSIONS ARE ON GOING, IS HE SUPPOSED TO TAKE TRAINING AND BE ON THE PHONE TO THEM AT THE SAME TIME!?

haha, aye, i should probably just turn it off tbh. its like crack, you know its poisoning you but you cant stop.

haha, aye, i should probably just turn it off tbh. its like crack, you know its poisoning you but you cant stop.

I know that feeling man, just can't get enough of that pipe :)

Fingers crossed.

:thup:

Agree that we can't blame anyone at this stage, too.

As someone pointed out over there though, this would be a PR dream for Ashley, given that most of us never liked Wise anyway. :lol:

Fingers crossed.

:thup:

Agree that we can't blame anyone at this stage, too.

As someone pointed out over there though, this would be a PR dream for Ashley, given that most of us never liked Wise anyway. :lol:

Yup.

In this scenario someone has to be thrown to the dogs.

forgive me if im wrong, but since this amazing trio of wise etc came in - all our signings have been quite decent and shrewd. And not Luque.

If we can get another (foreign) manager who is fine with the system in place, I'm happy.

Sorry kev.

Guest hikickry

forgive me if im wrong, but since this amazing trio of wise etc came in - all our signings have been quite decent and shrewd. And not Luque.

If we can get another (foreign) manager who is fine with the system in place, I'm happy.

Sorry kev.

its the fact that KK has got everyone playing as a team, united. (well, as far as on the pitch is concerned) Its his charisma and morale boosting that we would miss the most. And the fact he knows this club and the fans better than anyone else. A foreign manager wouldn't cut it now, imho.

Sorry kev.

For god's sake man. It's one thing spotting talent, and quite another buying and selling players without the approval or knowledge of the manager.  No manager in the premier league would stand for it, and if they tolerate this abroad then that's their lookout.

Sorry kev.

I'm sorry like but it's way too soon to judge them. I'm not saying I think they're bad or anything, but you're saying you would rather keep those guys because their signings have had some good games, over someone that took us out of old division two to second in the premiership.

Sorry kev.

as others have said, getting your players to play well together is the hardest, and therefore most important attribute, thats what he offers to us. they're dispensable, he isnt. if ashleys gonna continue with the long term plan then there isnt a better man than keegan as he'll get pretty much any players playing, once you give him good players he can do wonders.

Sorry kev.

its the fact that KK has got everyone playing as a team, united. (well, as far as on the pitch is concerned) Its his charisma and morale boosting that we would miss the most. And the fact he knows this club and the fans better than anyone else. A foreign manager wouldn't cut it now, imho.

No foreign manager could cut it now?  Lets get real.  They might not "understand the club" like Keegan, but lets not pretend a top foreign manager couldn't get results on the pitch and quickly win the fans over.

Sorry kev.

as others have said, getting your players to play well together is the hardest, and therefore most important attribute, thats what he offers to us. they're dispensable, he isnt.

No one who is doing a good job for Newcastle is dispensable unless they've done something out of order. I suppose once these talks are through we'll have an idea if that's been the case.

Sorry kev.

as others have said, getting your players to play well together is the hardest, and therefore most important attribute, thats what he offers to us. they're dispensable, he isnt. if ashleys gonna continue with the long term plan then there isnt a better man than keegan as he'll get pretty much any players playing, once you give him good players he can do wonders.

Keegan hardly has a reputation for signing duds either. But anyway as I've said, he never shut up over the summer about how good Jonas was and the same with Colo when he arrived. I really don't believe the signing of players is a problem, more the selling of ones he wants to keep.

Sorry kev.

I'm sorry like but it's way too soon to judge them. I'm not saying I think they're bad or anything, but you're saying you would rather keep those guys because their signings have had some good games, over someone that took us out of old division two to second in the premiership.

I'd prefer to judge Keegan on what he's done since he's been here in his second spell as manager, which isn't all that much.

In an ideal World they will just sort it out amongst themselves.

Sorry kev.

as others have said, getting your players to play well together is the hardest, and therefore most important attribute, thats what he offers to us. they're dispensable, he isnt.

No one who is doing a good job for Newcastle is dispensable unless they've done something out of order.

i thought that went without saying tbh

Guest hikickry

Sorry kev.

No foreign manager could cut it now?  Lets get real.  They might not "understand the club" like Keegan, but lets not pretend a top foreign manager couldn't get results on the pitch and quickly win the fans over.

im just saying it would be a real shame to spoil the position we were in with the players playing together, respecting keegan. It hasn't been that way in a while, are you seriously expecting a foreign manager to come and acheive that same level of comradeship? And besides, what decent replacements are around at the moment? I'd like to know. Changing manager at the start of the season like this when we have already rebuilt could be damaging. Back to square 1. Well im sick of being back at square 1, starting to rebuild.

Sorry kev.

im just saying it would be a real shame to spoil the position we were in with the players playing together, respecting keegan. It hasn't been that way in a while, are you seriously expecting a foreign manager to come and acheive that same level of comradeship? And besides, what decent replacements are around at the moment? I'd like to know. Changing manager at the start of the season like this when we have already rebuilt could be damaging. Back to square 1. Well im sick of being back at square 1, starting to rebuild.

I'm not going to disagree with some of that, but that's a very different argument from simply saying "A foreign manager wouldn't cut it" ;)

Guest hikickry

Sorry kev.

I'm not going to disagree with some of that, but that's a very different argument from simply saying "A foreign manager wouldn't cut it" ;)

well, as long as you know what I meant. New foreign man comes in, he starts his vision, from scratch.....again. Im not saying Guus Hiddink couldnt come in and bring success, but how much longer would that take, im sick of future plans, and this season looked like it would be a certain step up from last. Hey, it still could be.

Guest hikickry

I was on an business trip yesterday, all down because of the loss of the WOW signing  :undecided:

Suddenly a friend of mine paged me about the Keegan riot, i got f***ing shaky, when i came home i couldnt think straight even.

Still have problem not being worried.

This whole thing sucks elefant balls

well, there arent many survivors from yesterday. cause of death: emotional wreckage. i believe there were certain cases of suicide as well.