KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

I've heard that the entire set-up is to be removed with Wise et all to leave and KK to run the club on his own until the summer where HE AND ASHLEY will together choose their own DOF etc.

Could be bull like.

One thing I heard ages ago which I think I may have posted was that KK did tell Ashley he'd go with his way and give it a shot but if things don't pan out he expected Ashley to be so kind as to go his way and to give his way a shot. Maybe KK called time on Ashley's way and this is why this whole saga came about. From what I remember Ashley did promise KK he would review things if it wasn't working, this was KK's compromise to a wage ceiling being introduced which was announced to him before the Chelsea match which pretty much ruled out KK keeping Owen long-term hence his we'll never get into the top 4 again (if we can't compete wages wise) and hence why he was ordered to London to explain or discuss things, that's what I think all that London carry on was over.

Thinking about it, could the club's statement about offering Owen a new deal a few days back be their way of trying to fend off KK's impending kick-off? As if to say we've fucked you about but you can have Owen for keeps?

I now think he'll stay myself because I can't see Ashley allowing him to leave and I can't now see KK walking.

Discussions could be bluff for sorting out the legalities of doing away with Wise and co who will all of course want compensated and probably extras to keep hush about the whole carry on.

f*** knows.

I've heard that the entire set-up is to be removed with Wise et all to leave and KK to run the club on his own until the summer where HE AND ASHLEY will together choose their own DOF etc.

Could be bull like.

One thing I heard ages ago which I think I may have posted was that KK did tell Ashley he'd go with his way and give it a shot but if things don't pan out he expected Ashley to be so kind as to go his way and to give his way a shot. Maybe KK called time on Ashley's way and this is why this whole saga came about. From what I remember Ashley did promise KK he would review things if it wasn't working, this was KK's compromise to a wage ceiling being introduced which was announced to him before the Chelsea match which pretty much ruled out KK keeping Owen long-term hence his we'll never get into the top 4 again (if we can't compete wages wise) and hence why he was ordered to London to explain or discuss things, that's what I think all that London carry on was over.

Thinking about it, could the club's statement about offering Owen a new deal a few days back be their way of trying to fend off KK's impending kick-off?

I now think he'll stay myself because I can't see Ashley allowing him to leave and I can't now see KK walking.

Discussions could be bluff for sorting out the legalities of doing away with Wise and co who will all of course want compensated and probably extras to keep hush about the whole carry on.

f*** knows.

If true, f*cking fantastic news.

Guest Howaythetoon

I do think Ashley is a big fan of KK and does want what KK represents, hence why he appointed him and why I hope he does all he can to keep him because that then will tell me Ashley also has the clubs best interests at heart rather than his own or anyone elses which could be the dream team ticket we are desperate for. I'm hoping and keeping my fingers crossed.

I do think Ashley is a big fan of KK and does want what KK represents, hence why he appointed him and why I hope he does all he can to keep him because that then will tell me Ashley also has the clubs best interests at heart rather than his own or anyone elses which could be the dream team ticket we are desperate for. I'm hoping and keeping my fingers crossed.

god i hope your right

HTT, there is a noticeable difference in your vision of what went on this transfer window between before and after this news broke it seems. I respect you mainly focus on what Keegan thinks of it all and you're happy if he is (which he clearly isn't), but I'm just wondering how you evaluate the transfer window in hindsight knowing Keegan seems less than impressed about it all, albeit not necessarily with regards to the end result of the dealings (although I wouldn't be surprised if he is less than happy about it, I know I am)?

http://gravitys-rainbow.pynchonwiki.com/wiki/images/d/d1/Wilmer-gunsel.jpg

Keegan: I'm in this up to my neck, Gutman. I've got to find somebody - a victim - when the time comes. If I don't, I'll be it. Let's give 'em the gunsel. He actually did shoot Thursby and Jacobi, didn't he? Anyway, he's made to order for the part, look at him. Let's give him to 'em.

Bye bye Wise.

Guest johnson293

nufc.com reckon Wise has gone! :D:D:D

Confirmation awaited from club.

From .Com...

Update:

Messiah 1

Wise man 0?

Speculation was rife on Wednesday evening that one of the major obstacles to Kevin Keegan remaining in charge of Newcastle United could soon be removed - with the departure of Dennis Wise from the club.

As soon as any confirmation - or denial - of this so-far unsubstantiated rumour is forthcoming we'll update the site with it.

Could be bull like.

Thinking about it, could the club's statement about offering Owen a new deal a few days back be their way of trying to fend off KK's impending kick-off?

f*** knows.

agree, though wouldn't be suprised to see one or maybe two of them remain, i doubt keegan's out for all of them (then again i dont know whats gone on).

nufc.com reckon Wise has gone! :D:D:D

From .Com...

Update:

Messiah 1

Wise man 0?

Speculation was rife on Wednesday evening that one of the major obstacles to Kevin Keegan remaining in charge of Newcastle United could soon be removed - with the departure of Dennis Wise from the club.

As soon as any confirmation - or denial - of this so-far unsubstantiated rumour is forthcoming we'll update the site with it.

would be absolutely fantastic imo!

Guest optimistic nit

Could be bull like.

f*** knows.

it is good news, i hope we dont lose vetere and jiminez mind. this is the first time i think i've ever had confidence in our aquisition team.

i like our youth approach as well, hopefully getting rid of wise wont hamper that.

Could be bull like.

f*** knows.

agree, though wouldn't be suprised to see one or maybe two of them remain, i doubt keegan's out for all of them (then again i dont know whats gone on).

keep whoever it was that found jonas and persuaded coloccini to come here

A lot of people seem to be taking great delight in the prospect of Wise, Jimenez, Vetere, Llambias et all being given the boot and the current structure along with it.

Why?

Is your opinion based upon logic and an analysis of the system leading you to think it won't work?

Is it a hatred of Denis Wise? If so, is that because of what he's done here or did you hate him already?

Is it because of what you've read in the papers?

Is it simply pure faith in KK and if he doesn't like it it's got to go?

Or what?

Apart from the obvious, issues that are ongoing at the moment (whatever they are, as we don't actually know at the moment, remember?) it seemed to be working ok for me. We'd started the season pretty well, we've signed a few decent looking players for ok money, we've got rid of a few muppets and got decent money for the one good player we sold, and we've brought in a load of highly rated youngsters. Personally, I think the system or a tweaking of it is the way forward for us as a club, if the individuals who have been brought in to fill those positions within it can't work together then that needs to be sorted somehow. But as a system, I think it would be a shame to dump it at the first sign of trouble and go back to an archaic way of running a club just because we've had problems. I mean how many problems have we had in the past whilst using a pretty standard method of running the club, why've we not dumped that?

nufc.com reckon Wise has gone! :D :D :D

I hope that's right tbh, if nothing else it removes one of the major threats to KK's influence.

Put simply, I don't think we need a DoF.

I hope that's right tbh, if nothing else it removes one of the major threats to KK's influence.

without any real proof that wise was a threat in any form.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Doubt he'd be sacked if he wasn't pissing KK off tbh.

My opinion only.

Guest optimistic nit

Keegan seems to have been unhappy for quite a while though indi. its very good news that keegan and ashley appear to have worked things out, we need both to be happy. as i've said, i'll be dissapointed if we've lost jiminez and vetere, wise i'm not sure either way, llamblas i dont like, although thats not based on anything and has no indication on whether he's doing a good job.

they seem to have sorted something out, which is good for us, whether keegan suits the system or not, he's an excellent manager and we'll be hard pressed to find one as good, or anyone in the history of football who suits this club, or our chairman, more.

maybe getting rid of wise will placait the mongs feelings towards ashley as well, one can hope.

Doubt he'd be sacked if he wasn't pissing KK off tbh.

for all we know keegan could be wanting rid of wise to exercise his power to someone else. very political