KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A lot of people seem to be taking great delight in the prospect of Wise, Jimenez, Vetere, Llambias et all being given the boot and the current structure along with it.

Why?

Is your opinion based upon logic and an analysis of the system leading you to think it won't work?

Is it a hatred of Denis Wise? If so, is that because of what he's done here or did you hate him already?

Is it because of what you've read in the papers?

Is it simply pure faith in KK and if he doesn't like it it's got to go?

Or what?

Apart from the obvious, issues that are ongoing at the moment (whatever they are, as we don't actually know at the moment, remember?) it seemed to be working ok for me. We'd started the season pretty well, we've signed a few decent looking players for ok money, we've got rid of a few muppets and got decent money for the one good player we sold, and we've brought in a load of highly rated youngsters. Personally, I think the system or a tweaking of it is the way forward for us as a club, if the individuals who have been brought in to fill those positions within it can't work together then that needs to be sorted somehow. But as a system, I think it would be a shame to dump it at the first sign of trouble and go back to an archaic way of running a club just because we've had problems. I mean how many problems have we had in the past whilst using a pretty standard method of running the club, why've we not dumped that?

I just think for the DOF system to work you need a manager and a DOF that both get along and share the same vision for the club. Most importantly, they have to trust each other. It would appear that this isn't the case with Keegan and Wise.

Honestly not a big fan of the DOF system, so I'd be pleased for Wise to go.

If Jimenez and Vetere go too I'll be disappointed though, because I do like the idea of having proper scouts, rather han just friends of KK.

Ideally KK will get the final say on all things and then feel more comfortable listening to Jimenez and company, knowing he can overrule them if he isn't comfortable.

this is getting very interesting.  It'll be interesting who comes in as DoF if we're to get a new one.  Ashley has gone with people who are more business-minded so far, whereas I'm sure the names KK suggests will be football-men.

However I'm still unsure we should get a DoF in, instead we should scrap the continental method.

Is it a hatred of Denis Wise? If so, is that because of what he's done here or did you hate him already?

If you go back to January you'd see the initial dislike to Wise.

He's an odious little rat, always has been, always will be.

A lot of people seem to be taking great delight in the prospect of Wise, Jimenez, Vetere, Llambias et all being given the boot and the current structure along with it.

Why?

Is your opinion based upon logic and an analysis of the system leading you to think it won't work?

Or what?

Apart from the obvious, issues that are ongoing at the moment (whatever they are, as we don't actually know at the moment, remember?) it seemed to be working ok for me. We'd started the season pretty well, we've signed a few decent looking players for ok money, we've got rid of a few muppets and got decent money for the one good player we sold, and we've brought in a load of highly rated youngsters. Personally, I think the system or a tweaking of it is the way forward for us as a club, if the individuals who have been brought in to fill those positions within it can't work together then that needs to be sorted somehow. But as a system, I think it would be a shame to dump it at the first sign of trouble and go back to an archaic way of running a club just because we've had problems. I mean how many problems have we had in the past whilst using a pretty standard method of running the club, why've we not dumped that?

I just think for the DOF system to work you need a manager and a DOF that both get along and share the same vision for the club. Most importantly, they have to trust each other. It would appear that this isn't the case with Keegan and Wise.

Honestly not a big fan of the DOF system, so I'd be pleased for Wise to go.

If Jimenez and Vetere go too I'll be disappointed though, because I do like the idea of having proper scouts, rather han just friends of KK.

Ideally KK will get the final say on all things and then feel more comfortable listening to Jimenez and company, knowing he can overrule them if he isn't comfortable.

is there a DOF system. often talked about with the european style but there a few over here whos jobs are massivly different from each other. gordon milne was DoF in robsons managership

nufc.com reckon Wise has gone! :D :D :D

Confirmation awaited from club.

I hope that's right tbh, if nothing else it removes one of the major threats to KK's influence.

Put simply, I don't think we need a DoF.

without any real proof that wise was a threat in any form.

Doubt he'd be sacked if he wasn't pissing KK off tbh.

Unless Ashley needs to protect his investment by keeping Keegan (and the fans) sweet. In which case it might be considered Wise is dispensable. Or maybe he really has deserved sacking...I have no idea, and neither do most people here tbh.

I hope that's right tbh, if nothing else it removes one of the major threats to KK's influence.

exactly. he wouldnt have been sacked (if he has) if he hasnt done something wrong/to upset kk. This could be a huge step with regards to rebuilding brides and the club and finally giving kk the control he needs. Lets hope its true.

Has Wise done anything though?

All the rumours are that if anything it was Llambias, although they are just rumours.

If he is sacked, I hope he actually was the source of the problem, and not just a scapegoat, as it will mean that it can all be put behind the club, and hopefully not(like fuck it will) resurface.

Guest johnson293

Why?

Dennis Wise wasn't a player I ever really disliked or hated - compared to certain other opposing players, like David Speedie, the nasty little **** that he was.

But as far as being appointed exectutive director, or Director of Football here - I just wasn't sure how qualified he was for such a role, or where his reputation had come from to sudedenly be advising on player recruitment at any level.

As far as Jiminez and Vetere go, I honestly hadn't hear dof either - but if the current set-up is as has been reported, then at least they have been involved in bringing players from Europe into the club, with their contacts in Spain, etc.

The appointment of Dennis Wise, seemingly above Keegan was always going to cloud the issue and the roles slightly. There was also the 'London' thing - where wise would be based out of London, and give the Media more ammunition - suggesting we are being run out of the capital now.

There is also the rumour (right or wrong) that Wise had been involved in various recent contract talks (Milner and Owen). If he was supposedly in charge of youth/academy recruitment, then he shouldn't have been anywhere near the first team contracts.

So, if one has to go, I rather it was Wise, than the whole set-up, as I think Jiminez and Vetere have helped find players we may have missed out on before.

Guest Geordiesned

The best description I've heard was about Wise yesterday from one of the Sgt's:

"I don't want that cock faced baboon in charge!"

exactly. he wouldnt have been sacked (if he has) if he hasnt done something wrong/to upset kk. This could be a huge step with regards to rebuilding brides and the club and finally giving kk the control he needs. Lets hope its true.

A Marraige made in Heaven?

Has Wise done anything though?

All the rumours are that if anything it was Llambias, although they are just rumours.

If he is sacked, I hope he actually was the source of the problem, and not just a scapegoat, as it will mean that it can all be put behind the club, and hopefully not(like f*** it will) resurface.

if he has been sacked, it will be becuase kk wanted it - hence ridding one of the problems.

So was David Batty, but he was great at his job and we all loved him - well I did anyway. If Wise was doing a good job which he seems to have been, then it's stupid to sack him simply to pander to the ego of KK, if he's not been doing a good job, or has been interfering where he's not supposed to then that's a different matter entirely, but at the moment none of us know what's happened. I'm not sure I've seen a single comment or anything from Wise since he signed, and the vast majority of what I've seen supposedly coming from the Keegan side has been source-less paper talk, or has that become the accepted facts now somehow?

:lol:

Anyone else see the similarities with Billy Mitchell?

Why?

Or what?

Good post.

Up until a few days ago everyone on here seemed happy with the way it was going, of course we would have preferred to have spent more money and got cover for our fullbacks but one thing that wasn't in doubt was the quality of the players that had come into the club, so much so that people expect Xisco to be class just because of how good the others have been.

Without this set up would we have known that Jonas was prepared to buy out his contract? Or would we have managed to not only find a bright young lad like Bassong but manage to get him here on a trial so the manager can get a good look at him? Someone has been on the ball behind the scenes to make these things happen and it would be a shame to lose that.

The only good thing about getting rid of Wise would be an end to the constant media circus claiming everyone is stabbing each other in the back.

Guest optimistic nit

do you still think ashley is a fat git?

Don't think anyone is doubting some of the work done by whoever has done it behind the scenes, but this system only works when the manager isn't undermined.

They need to work together and working from London is never going to help anything.

Why?

Or what?

Good post.

Up until a few days ago everyone on here seemed happy with the way it was going, of course we would have preferred to have spent more money and got cover for our fullbacks but one thing that wasn't in doubt was the quality of the players that had come into the club, so much so that people expect Xisco to be class just because of how good the others have been.

Without this set up would we have known that Jonas was prepared to buy out his contract? Or would we have managed to not only find a bright young lad like Bassong but manage to get him here on a trial so the manager can get a good look at him? Someone has been on the ball behind the scenes to make these things happen and it would be a shame to lose that.

The only good thing about getting rid of Wise would be an end to the constant media circus claiming everyone is stabbing each other in the back.

Yeah, like that's going to happen. :lol:

Yep ;D :clap:

Guest Howaythetoon

HTT, there is a noticeable difference in your vision of what went on this transfer window between before and after this news broke it seems. I respect you mainly focus on what Keegan thinks of it all and you're happy if he is (which he clearly isn't), but I'm just wondering how you evaluate the transfer window in hindsight knowing Keegan seems less than impressed about it all, albeit not necessarily with regards to the end result of the dealings (although I wouldn't be surprised if he is less than happy about it, I know I am)?

I'm happy with the players we've signed, I haven't seen these 2 new lads play before but I'm excited by the unknown and in KK we have the man to develop such players and to at least have them contributing in a positive way. Obviously I'd liked us to have signed more because we are short in some areas and indeed in quality and even Premiership experience, with only Guthrie having any out of those who were signed. But this is a long-term thing, there should be no rush especially if that means we panic buy, buy players for the sake of it or go for 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice players. I'm positive within a season or two we'll have added more quality to the squad and greater depth too. Remember no side is ever complete and I take that kind of view regardless of our current position. We'll never have enough quality and depth whether we're in mid-table or top of the league, you can always do with more and will more often than not always need more.

I am not happy with the sale of Faye because we lost a competent defender but I can understand why we sold him and if he was indeed unhappy there really is no point in keeping such a player.

I was delighted we got £12m for Milner which is great money but as I said at the time I don't think KK would be happy with that, not if we didn't replace him anyway which we haven't so that overall transfer hasn't quite worked out.

Getting back to KK, he's obviously unhappy and you can imagine the club's transfer dealings play a part in that which isn't good and does put a negative angle on our summer dealings but I won't change my general opinion of our summer dealings because I think we've done well to get in the players we have and their respective qualities and attributes are things that can only improve us I feel.

In that respect I'm happy and a good job well done. However I'm not happy that we've sold some players without really replacing them and this isn't a good job well done.

Overall though if KK isn't happy with things in general, despite my hopes and positive attitude towards the set-up and our summer dealings, I can only feel the same way about things on reflection sadly as KK is obviously upset at something. I reiterate though that I don't think the players we've bought have left him unhappy, he'll be like any manager in that the more the merrier. Perhaps a few more in certain areas and a few more he also wanted himself wouldn't go amiss and if we do have to sell players, we really should try and replace them or wait until we have replacements lined up, that and at least allow the manager some say which is where I personally feel KK's unrest lies with.

PS I say all that not really knowing what has happened or is happening so its hard to fully make sense of it or even form a solid opinion on matters.

I have to admit, although I don't know in full detail, if Wise goes, I'll be unhappy if Jeff Vetere goes.  I don't know about Jiminez, as its possible he was working with Wise to undermine KK, but Vetere is basically a scout with a posh job title.  I don't know how many of those we've brought in were his suggestion, but from the ones I've seen play, if it was him, they've been absolutely spot on signings.

I have to admit, although I don't know in full detail, if Wise goes, I'll be unhappy if Jeff Vetere goes.  I don't know about Jiminez, as its possible he was working with Wise to undermine KK, but Vetere is basically a scout with a posh job title.  I don't know how many of those we've brought in were his suggestion, but from the ones I've seen play, if it was him, they've been absolutely spot on signings.

How do you know that?