KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A couple of points for the window-lickers.

As painful as it is to admit, Louise fucking Taylor has been right all summer, otherwise we wouldnt be in this situation. If you dont get that, seriously consider giving up on commenting anymore on this issue.

That RTG message is basically verbatim (give or take a detail or two) what is in every single newpaper this morning. Except none of the newspaper's think he will leave. Only difference is that bit is wummery.

Wake up kids.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Can someone type up what this email reads.  I cant turn the sound up at work thats all.

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2008/09/04/video-sky-sports-news-insults-the-people-of-newcastle

"The reason there were no hammers at UP like there were Geordies are SJP is because we are working"

Does that mean they make their kids work in faaaakin Landan? Because 99% of people there the other day were too young to have jobs.

As painful as it is to admit, Louise fucking Taylor has been right all summer, otherwise we wouldnt be in this situation. If you dont get that, seriously consider giving up on commenting anymore on this issue.

That RTG message is basically verbatim (give or take a detail or two) what is in every single newpaper this morning. Except none of the newspaper's think he will leave. Only difference is that bit is wummery.

Wake up kids.

Yup.

My main worry is that the LMA rumour is true and that Bevan, Keegan and Ashley are all at a meeting somewhere. If this is the case i fully expect us to hear;

"Newcastle part company with Kevin Keegan by mutual consent".

3 days of Terry the coneman Maccydee taking training, fuking hell what a state those players will be in by the time this is resolved.

Fuking sort it out, you are taking the piss out of the club letting it go on this long, either sort it, sack him or other or sell up, because if you don't the players will have regressed back to nursery school with Mac Daddy in charge.

:dave:

As painful as it is to admit, Louise f***ing Taylor has been right all summer, otherwise we wouldnt be in this situation. If you dont get that, seriously consider giving up on commenting anymore on this issue.

Wake up kids.

I agree with the sentiment.  I avoid Louise Taylor as a rule.

If we agree the point that there will be less spending sprees in the premiership from now on, then all the more reason to support Ashley and the sound financial footing he's attempting to put us on.

Good point - wish a few more mouthy prats had the nous to understand it, let alone spell it on a banner.... :rolleyes:

Guest BeatMakerz

If you spin this around though: This is my theory:

- Kevin Keegan has been done over by messers Wise OR Ashley OR Llambias (however you spell his name) OR Jiminez OR Vetere OR the whole lot...

- KK wants to resign after he has had enough, maybe promises weren't kept etc, dealings such as transfers and contracts being discussed without his knowing, similar to Alan Curbishley, although Curbs walked out without a penny, bare in mind Curbs is the kind of guy who takes no shit and is a strong believer in his own ability to manage, so he has ended walking penny free because he couldnt "manage" West Ham with all that going on, now my theory is the difference between him and KK is that KK wants MONEY before he goes anywhere, ignore all these statements about "Kevin wants to reiterate that he loves the fans and the club etc", these are all softners in my eyes, trying to side with the fans so he doesnt get backlash for walking away with money, if he loved us that much people...why the fuck hasn't he come and said it himself then?

- Footie is a cruel game and KK will show that by the end of the week, he won't be our manager anymore (I suspect, if my theory is correct) and we will be left in a bigger mess than we were in at the start of the week, But KK won't lose the fans faith if he leaves (he thinks) because the way they are wording statements is like playground talk "it wasn't me sir it was him" "well he threw the first punch sir" etc.

- Now.. I have no doubts that KK hasn't been treated the way a manager should, I am almost certain than someone in the board has done something that would definately warrant KK to walk away, but to give the fans any sort of hope of him staying while really he is sorting money out is wrong, sorry.

- KK needs to speak and quick because I for one won't be on KK's side if he just ups and leaves "by mutual consent" this weekend, I would rather him have left with nothing on Monday than leave a week later just for the sake of squeezing money out of the club "he loves".

just got sent this on email

no Idea what the blunderland message board is that the sender refers to but its doing the rounds at work, could ofc be a massive SMB wind up which is what i expect it to be.

On Sunderland message board

I was chatting to a former professional footballer today who I know quite well (and not a micky mouse one at that - he's won the FA Cup, but i'll not name names) but he's played for one of the big 3 North East clubs.

Word on the street amongst the football fraternity about the Keegan debarkle is.....

Keegan was informed he would get certain players before the transfer deadline and would keep certain players.

Milner was sold and although this was disappointing and unexpected, Keegan was informed they would be getting a world class premiership player from the top 4 in his place. This did not happen.

Keegan's contract is currently worth £8million. If he is sacked it would cost the scum the total sum of his contract - so after tax and NI, Keegan would get £6.5m.

I've been reliably informed that he is most definately not in the position to walk away from this money and resign (obviously this is alot of money and not many people could afford to do without it) - but you see from the likes of Alan Curbishley who has walked away from West Ham without receiving a penny in compensation. Keegan needs the money!

The League Manager's Association (LMA) has stepped in as Keegan wants to leave but does not want to resign and the club want to sack him but don't want to have to make the huge pay off.....

This is an untenable situation for King Kev and he will most definately be leaving NUFC once the finances have been sorted.....I'd expect a statement by the weekend saying that they have parted company 'by mutual consent' meaning the LMA have brokered a deal for Kev to get a nice golden handshake and Ashley's fingers not to be burnt too much.

That is all. But again from a very reliable source and not made up like many of the attention seeking wind up merchants on here.

Absolute codswallop.

Have to agree. If people think Keegan is skint after plowing 3m in to his soccer circus they're mad. After a distinguished carreer as a pro footballer he has been manager of Newcastle, Fulham, England and Man C (and then again us). I seriously doubt he doesn't have substancial savings elsewhere or he wouldn't have invested so much into the circus project in the first place.

no Idea what the blunderland message board is that the sender refers to but its doing the rounds at work, could ofc be a massive SMB wind up which is what i expect it to be.

On Sunderland message board………

I was chatting to a former professional footballer today who I know quite well (and not a micky mouse one at that - he's won the FA Cup, but i'll not name names) but he's played for one of the big 3 North East clubs.

Word on the street amongst the football fraternity about the Keegan debarkle is.....

Keegan was informed he would get certain players before the transfer deadline and would keep certain players.

Milner was sold and although this was disappointing and unexpected, Keegan was informed they would be getting a world class premiership player from the top 4 in his place. This did not happen.

Keegan's contract is currently worth £8million. If he is sacked it would cost the scum the total sum of his contract - so after tax and NI, Keegan would get £6.5m.

I've been reliably informed that he is most definately not in the position to walk away from this money and resign (obviously this is alot of money and not many people could afford to do without it) - but you see from the likes of Alan Curbishley who has walked away from West Ham without receiving a penny in compensation. Keegan needs the money!

The League Manager's Association (LMA) has stepped in as Keegan wants to leave but does not want to resign and the club want to sack him but don't want to have to make the huge pay off.....

This is an untenable situation for King Kev and he will most definately be leaving NUFC once the finances have been sorted.....I'd expect a statement by the weekend saying that they have parted company 'by mutual consent' meaning the LMA have brokered a deal for Kev to get a nice golden handshake and Ashley's fingers not to be burnt too much.

That is all. But again from a very reliable source and not made up like many of the attention seeking wind up merchants on here.

Absolute codswallop.

Have to agree. If people think Keegan is skint after plowing 3m in to his soccer circus they're mad. After a distinguished carreer as a pro footballer he has been manager of Newcastle, Fulham, England and Man C (and then again us). I seriously doubt he doesn't have substancial savings elsewhere or he wouldn't have invested so much into the circus project in the first place.

Exactly Keegan has always just left without a payout at all of the clubs he has managed he's not going to change now when it's his beloved toon.  There is no way in hell he will be skint either after a distinguised career.  It's just mackems reading the papers and coming to their own conclusions.

Exactly Keegan has always just left without a payout at all of the clubs he has managed he's not going to change now when it's his beloved toon.  There is no way in hell he will be skint either after a distinguised career.  It's just mackems reading the papers and coming to their own conclusions.

It might not be the case that he wants compensation cos he's skint.

He might be that pi$$ed off at Ashley that he wants to sting his pockets.

No way it would take this long if it was just about compensation.

I think Keegan is looking to stay, but isn't happy about Jimenez and Wises efforts.

Jimenez with Wises help are both responsible for tieng up deals after a player has been dientified i.e. Negotiating a fee with the club, and then agreeing on a contract with the player.

I think too many times this summer they both failed to land Keegan's targets and have instead offered him alternatives, who he is not as familiar with.

These alternative players have not necessarily been poor players, but you can only continue offer up alternatives so many times, while continuing to fail to land the managers targets.

I think only Guthrie has been a Keegan target that was succesfully brought in.

Keegan therefore isn't sure whether both Jimenez and Wise are making enough of an effort to land the players he wants, or whether they are essentially deciding on which players come into the club and pretty much just ignoring those he identifies.

I think Vetere and the scouts will likely stay, which is key I think, as I believe the players Jimenez and Wise have opted for have come from Vetere essentially.

However, I thin if Keegan is to stay then Jimenez and Wise will leave, with Keegan then being more in charge of negotiating player fees and contracts.

Absolute codswallop.

no no no, dont you realise, when anyone invests in anything, they put every single last penny of their life savings into it, even when they have co-investors like mohammed al fayed. bottom line, KEEGAN IS SKINT.

Guest LucaAltieri

On Sunderland message board………

Absolute codswallop.

Agreed.

Apart from anything else, if he was skint he's still Kevin Keegan... meaning there will be a job for him on tv or at the very worst he'd have to whore himself out to Walkers crisps. There are other ways for him to get money rather than getting himself sacked.

Absolute codswallop.

no no no, dont you realise, when anyone invests in anything, they put every single last penny of their life savings into it, even when they have co-investors like mohammed al fayed. bottom line, KEEGAN IS SKINT.

Are you his bank manager?  How the fuck do you know?

Guest Chubby Jason

Anyone thought of doing a hunger strike until KK is confirmed as staying on as manager? Or maybe strapping themselves to the railway lines like some Indian guy did not long ago to get a player back in the national cricket side?

Maybe we could strap gelignite to ourselves and stand outside the board room until Keegan is given free reign on transfers and £200million cash to buy a new team in January.

Anyone reckon that would work?