Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

Can't see Shearer coming in and being a yes man. He'll want everything his own way in my opinion. Plus he'd be mad to come here having seen how another club legend was treated.

It'll be someone from the Spanish league who won't give a s*** about transfers.

Guest optimistic nit

i'm sure if ashley had had a choice between keegan and the current system he would have chosen keegan, he'd be crazy not too.

Keep going for argentinians.

Two extremely good choices:

Diego Simeone

Jose Pekerman

or a Chilean in Manuel Pellegrini who has worked miracles at Villareal......failing that Hiddink..........but realistically....... :undecided:

Mentioned him earlier. Would be as good a choice as any given our Spanish core of players.

Guest optimistic nit

i'm sure if ashley had had a choice between keegan and the current system he would have chosen keegan, he'd be crazy not too.

Of course he had a choice and he didn't choose Keegan.

we dont know what happened though. we dont even know if it was ashley that was doing the negotiating, from what keegan said it was a letter from llamblas that made him resign.

I honestly think this thread is a waste of time - it would have been better to title it;

'WHO, OF ANY STATURE IN MANAGEMENT, IS GOING TO BE STUPID ENOUGH TO REPLACE KK AT NUFC ?'

KK has gone because, as his statement makes clear, he was given players he didn't ask for and by implication, the main decisions of management taken out of his hands.

As some of you will know, I have been a fan of this club since before we won the Fairs Cup in 1969, and was involved in the Magpie Group ousting of McKeag & Co ; since then, we have had some low periods(none of which we in the Group envisaged happening when the Takeover was successful in 1992),

but all coinciding with either bad management or interference/bad decsision-making from the Board.

I have to say that NONE of those down periods left the club in the dire situation it now faces ; we(rightly)blamed the last few years on Shepherd's bad decisions but thought that a takeover by someone with money/business acumen would solve the problems - well, we've had that, and its failed, MISERABLY..

Ashley has clearly not got either the will to fund the club(although his clearance of the debts is praiseworthy), or the necessary means to fund it ; even worse, he is now shown not to have the necessary business/management skills to run it . SJH warned him,, when he bought the shares, that he was NOT just buying a business, but an institution that was a major part of the lives of thousands of fans -

Ashley has clearly ignored that warning totally. He dithered about Allardyce, even though he agreed with SJH that he wouldn't have been his choice, so we ended up having yet ANOTHER rebuilding job after Allardyce failed and KK was brought back. He compounded that error by then landing KK with a tier of Board management that anyone with a degree of sense would know was not acceptable to Keegan, so , to cut a long story short, we now end up with the current situation, mirrored to some extent by that at West Ham.

There will undoubtedly be some ambitious person, probably foreign or young, who will take the NUFC job either as a fill-in until something better comes along or because they think they can 'work with the system'.

Neither reason will be any benefit to the club or fans in the long-term because either way, the guy will end up gone - no-one can be happy with a situation where your staff are obtained for you, not in football anyway, because the manager knows what he as an individual is looking for in either the player's character or particular skills and if he doesn't feel happy with what he gets, he ends up with a failing side and the sack......

The regime is now as badly-tarred by this as was Shepherd by his handling of SBR - the only hope for a reasonable outcome is that someone who HAS got proper Directional skills AND money takes over the club ASAP ; I am hoping that this will happen soonest, because I do believe there is a chance of KK returning under a different regime given that he got the necessary powers back, OR that we could then recruit someone of genuine stature in the game.

I would be astonished if Shearer took the job knowing why KK had left it ; I have no doubt that he WOULD be interested under a regime he trusted.

This week has seen the club at an all-time low, and I do not say this lightly - even back in 92, we felt that we would come back if we went down, but this feels like the end of the road in some ways because the way forward is littered with minefields both on & off the field - many fans will not forgive the way this has been handled and rightly so ; when KK went last time, we were in a great position and Dalglish was in quickly so we finished 2nd in the Prem.

No such happy outcome is going to happen this time and the club's name is mud.

I feel sorry for the younger fans because I don't think we've yet seen the worst of days unless there is a wholesale change for the better in the club's ownership ; the Man C takeover has altered the whole of football now and NOT for the better. This is one of the worst days in the history of Newcastle United.

Its simple we are really just looking to appoint a head coach.

Someone that takes care of the team selection, motivating and training the team with the coaches he brings in or we already have.

In this current structure, the transfer team would than be free to take care of the transfers, contracts etc.. of course it the head coach would have to be instrumental on which players he wants to let go, where he wants the squad improving.

Thats the only way a structure like ours can work IMO.

Just a whole lot less than simple to find that man.

Don't even give a shit. Sick of having to ask the "who next" question twice a season.

Even if we get the biggest/best name in the game right now, it would almost certainly blow up again within 4 months. Won't be torturing my head about this one, I don't give a flying fuck who comes in.

I'll be backing whoever it is with a big huge "bah!".

Guest Heneage

If Ashley has any sense.

Get good European coach young one a Bilic (Esq) character, and give him money, if you wont put your own in Work your fat Cockney nutsack off securing investment.

The last couple of days have proven that it doesn't matter who we get as long as they realise that they're not actually allowed to make any decisions other than to just nod and smile at what "they"want. I might as well go and do it.