Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

Who Is M. Toral (11-1 on Paddy Power)?  Wikipedia says: "Toral was the illegitimate son of Duras, son of Ja'rod, named for his 22nd century ancestor. He was seen in Redemption, parts I and II, as well as the Deep Space Nine episode The Sword of Kahless.

Toral was played by J.D. Cullum on Star Trek: The Next Generation. During his appearance on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Toral was played by Rick Pasqualone."

Sounds like a bit of a character.  Never been too keen on the Klingons myself, reckon he could do a job?

:lol: :lol:

It's that Marcelino guy.

This is my biggest fear. I hope it's not the case, but if we turn into a low-rent Arsenal, bringing youth players through without the lure of the capital / recent history Arsenal have so getting slightly worse players, then selling them on i'll be gutted. Not sure i could take us being turned into some kind of football farm. As i say though, i'm hoping that's not the case.

Can´t really understand your fear of that! I really do admire wenger and what he´s done at arsenal. they play beautiful football have a young squad and dont pay silly wages like us and end up with overpaid useless players like smith.

And he still buy "expensive" good attractive players nasri.

can´t see there problem......though i know we are at least 5-10 years behind.

There's a world of difference between the Arsenal system where you have:

1) Someone in charge who has a proven ability to spot and develop young talent

2) An existing squad of players which are exciting to watch and are consistently in the champions league, yet where unlike say Chelsea a young player joining would always think they'd have a chance of breaking into the team.

3) When a player does develop, you pay them a very good salary to keep them happy (despite the view that Arsenal are run on the cheap, their wage bill is larger than Liverpool's and equal with Man U).

4) Sell off your players when they have reached their peak and are on the way down, and you know you already have players in your squad who can take their place.

and what Ashley seems to want which is:

1) Have a completely unproven person in charge of player recruitment

2) Put together a squad with the sole ambition of staying in the premiership at minimum cost.

3) Keep your youngsters on the minimum wage you can until you risk losing them on a free transfer

4) Sell anyone off whenever you get a sniff of a good price for them regardless of whether you have someone to take their place or not.

Guest interceptor

Have to say it and I know it's not the most popular choice and for the record I'm not a spotty little charver with his tracky bottoms tucked into his socks and I'm probably just an old romantic at heart but...............................................

SHEARER

Shearer would have to be absolutely INSANE to take the job now. He wouldnt be able to appoint his own players, so whats the point?

If we follow the identical model, great, but do we have a Wenger to do that? As i said, my fear is of us being a second rate version - not able to attract the cream of the crop and settling for second best, leaving us in mid table obscurity, selling our best players as soon as they show some form and not challenging again. Even Arsenal, with Wenger, have failed to win anything for a few years. What he does is admirable and one league win for them is worth 5 Chelski wins in my opinion, but it seems now they can no longer compete. Watch chance do we have without Wenger, London and being years behind?

true true....it would extremely difficult to achieve what wenger has, no doubt!!! but if arsenal is top 4 every year and wins a title every second or third year it ain´t that bad....and in a league with teams like chelsea, man u and liverpool its difficult to expect a league win every year!

but if we developed a concept like arsenal or ajax we would have a good foundation. And if succes comes it won´t be difficult to hold on to or sign quality players! Look at ajax...they manage to hold to top players like huntelaar for 3-4 seasons in a not very attractive league! Pr. L and a "succesful" newcastle utd will always be attractive!

i know we never will be able to do what wenger has done....but something like it is what we should aim for.

Have to say it and I know it's not the most popular choice and for the record I'm not a spotty little charver with his tracky bottoms tucked into his socks and I'm probably just an old romantic at heart but...............................................

SHEARER

Shearer would have to be absolutely INSANE to take the job now. He wouldnt be able to appoint his own players, so whats the point?

How many managers are going to want to come to the club knowing that this is the case?

I cant see any manager worth his coaching badges knowingly joining a club where somebody else is dictating what players he brings in and who he has to sign.

only man who can lead us is my dad PETERRRRRRR PETER REID!

he wouldn`t even leave his current job as Thailand national team boss to come to us man :D

anyways, not keen on Moyes ........would like Pellegrini or Hiddink but maybe more realistic is Michael Laudrup........but no idea tbh

Guest Chubby Jason

I'm sure Billic would consider coming here if he would consider West Ham. The Water Carrier is probably my first choice but I'm finding it hard to care.

i want Ashley to fuckin sell up and the new lot to put KK back in.

ASHLEY FUCK OFF U COCKNEY CUNT

in my heart i agree with this, as long as kk got the necessary control.  but, in my head well, meh, my head's been done by all this.  :frantic:

Shearer is the only manager that make me happy again, the romantic in me is talking.

And I just know that won't happen.

I don't even know what to say about who I want as manager, it has not sunk in that KK is gone.

Still a bad dream I guess