Poyet rules himself out of running for NUFC job

BONTEMPI

I was going to do start I poll about who you would least like to be our next manager.

Poyet would have been the hands down winner of that one for me.

I can't believe that some people on here are actually open to his appointment. Have we sunk so low that we are considering employing Spuds assistant manager who was formerly number two at a league one club ?

Apart from this, he's done absolutely nothing to suggest that he's ready for a role as big as this. Nothing.

This would be an absolute suicidal appointment by Ashley, I honestly don't think he's that stupid. Poyet would get zero support, absolute zero support from the bulk of the fans, apathy would be returned to those that were re-invigorated under KK.

What's even more laughable is that the papers would have us believe that we won't be able to get him because he doesn't want to move up north. Crazy just crazy.

Basically it is a choice of:

1) Someone with a good track record who won't like the boardroom's transfer policy.

2) Someone experienced who is purely mediocre.

3) Someone unproven or with limited experince, but with some potential.

1 and 2 will fail, at least option 3 gives the club a chance of having something to smile about.

There are tons of better options that Gus Poyet for option 3.

Don't you wonder why so many inside the game rate Poyet as an up and coming potential manager? Why he got interviewed for the West Ham job? Maybe they know something Joe Bloggs down the pub doesn't?

I was going to do start I poll about who you would least like to be our next manager.

I can't believe that some people on here are actually open to his appointment. Have we sunk so low that we are considering employing Spuds assistant manager who was formerly number two at a league one club ?

Apart from this, he's done absolutely nothing to suggest that he's ready for a role as big as this. Nothing.

This would be an absolute suicidal appointment by Ashley, I honestly don't think he's that stupid. Poyet would get zero support, absolute zero support from the bulk of the fans, apathy would be returned to those that were re-invigorated under KK.

What's even more laughable is that the papers would have us believe that we won't be able to get him because he doesn't want to move up north. Crazy just crazy.

1) Someone with a good track record who won't like the boardroom's transfer policy.

1 and 2 will fail, at least option 3 gives the club a chance of having something to smile about.

Name them.

Roberto Martinez

I'm not discounting Poyet as an option, he interests me somewhat as a coach.

But having witnessed the buzz about the Swansea team down here and the fact that he is as much a coach as a traditional manager I'm championing Martinez as our new First Team Coach assuming Ashley stays.

If we get taken over I would fully expect a 'big name' to come in.

I understand the sentiment, but I feel that Poyet's record as a player would command respect in the derssing room, whereas Martinez would find it more difficult. Having said that, while a risky appointment, I still reckon he'd offer a greater chance of reward than the Allardyces and Redknapps of La Liga.

Name them.

Anyone who doesn't alienate the fan base from day one because of his past links to certain members of the football club’s board. Someone who has managed a football club. Someone who’s had at least some relative success, bloody hell a young manager that has won the Hungarian First division has a better CV than Poyet.

If we are going to take a huge on gamble a COMPLETELY unproven manager (which I don’t think we should) then he should be a Shearer, Beardsley, Robert Lee or someone else that has some link or passion for the club. Poyet’s done nothing, he’s unpopular already, he would be a horrendous choice but like I said before I honestly don’t think Ashley is that stupid to appoint him.

Poyet might be the final nail in the coffin for a lot of people in actively supporting Newcastle. Beats me why anybody would think he's popular north of Watford and there is absolutely no reason I can see that he'd be any more acceptable than wise. Except to those who don't mind bending over a getting f***ed yet again. And there appears to be a number of them on this forum.

well said, we cant let the sheep decide, we will run round in circles forever....oh look...the grass is greener over there...baahh

I seriuosly question your constant and frankly disturbing refrence to sheep, you may find you need to seek help my friend.

What's to say Poyet would be any more of a gamble than Laudrup, Rijkaard, or any other foreign coach? It's highly unlikey in the current system a British manager would want to come in. Some fans really need to let Keegan go, he gone, done, finished and this club needs to find a replacement.

So you can continue your pathetic and frankly futile crusade while I get on with supporting my football club, enjoy.

To you my friend, a Rhyme,

Bah Bah, Black ( and white sheep), have you any balls,

no sir no sir, please take my arse,

my arse for the master, and for his mates,

and the horrible little man, All from down the ' LANE'

:banghead: 

Poyet might be the final nail in the coffin for a lot of people in actively supporting Newcastle. Beats me why anybody would think he's popular north of Watford and there is absolutely no reason I can see that he'd be any more acceptable than wise. Except to those who don't mind bending over a getting f***ed yet again. And there appears to be a number of them on this forum.

well said, we cant let the sheep decide, we will run round in circles forever....oh look...the grass is greener over there...baahh

I seriuosly question your constant and frankly disturbing refrence to sheep, you may find you need to seek help my friend.

What's to say Poyet would be any more of a gamble than Laudrup, Rijkaard, or any other foreign coach? It's highly unlikey in the current system a British manager would want to come in. Some fans really need to let Keegan go, he gone, done, finished and this club needs to find a replacement.

So you can continue your pathetic and frankly futile crusade while I get on with supporting my football club, enjoy.

Gets my award for the stupidest comment of the year. Are you for real ? An assistant manager who's CV consists of number two at at league one club and number two at a club who finished middle table in the prem and are currently 2nd bottom of the PL is no more of a risk than a European cup winner and multi la liga winner, who's managed one of the bigggest clubs in the world ?

To be fair to Poyet, you missed out the most important parts of his CV as a coach - he's won a trophy at Wembley and has a couple of seasons coaching in the UEFA as well. I still don't think he's ready for a job as big as this but at least be fair to him.

Don't you wonder why so many inside the game rate Poyet as an up and coming potential manager? Why he got interviewed for the West Ham job? Maybe they know something Joe Bloggs down the pub doesn't?

Who are these people ? Wise ? Ramos ? That's two, Wise was his best mate and Ramos needed someone who spoke English and Spanish. It seems like his apparent reputation has been built on being multilingual, I'm not sure that sufficent to qualify him to be manager of Newcastle United Football Club.

Gets my award for the stupidest comment of the year. Are you for real ? An assistant manager who's CV consists of number two at at league one club and number two at a club who finished middle table in the prem and are currently 2nd bottom of the PL is no more of a risk than a European cup winner and multi la liga winner, who's managed one of the bigggest clubs in the world ?

To be fair to Poyet, you missed out the most important parts of his CV as a coach - he's won a trophy at Wembley and has a couple of seasons coaching in the UEFA as well. I still don't think he's ready for a job as big as this but at least be fair to him.

He's won nothing. He was and is an assistant, I suspect the main reason they won the League cup was not because of Poyet.

Who are these people ? Wise ? Ramos ? That's two, Wise was his best mate and Ramos needed someone who spoke English and Spanish. It seems like his apparent reputation has been built on being multilingual, I'm not sure that sufficent to qualify him to be manager of Newcastle United Football Club.

Who was that French bloke that came to England from managing some poxy club in Japan?

Oh yes. Arsene Wenger. What the fuck were Arsenal Directors thinking?

Who was that French bloke that came to England from managing some poxy club in Japan?

Oh yes. Arsene Wenger. What the f*** were Arsenal Directors thinking?

Honestly your logic is laughible sometimes. I'll play that game too, my Uncle Albert has managed bedlington under 9's but he's a bloody good manager so Newcastle directors would be mad not to employ him.

For every Wenger there's a Brian Kidd or Christian Gross or Sammy Lee or Paul Sturrock or Steve Wigley.

At Least Wenger had managed a football club before coming to Arsenal.

FFS Tron engage your brain before you post.

One of the games in this run is a trip to Newcastle in the Carling Cup - which brought us neatly onto press speculation linking Gus with the vacant's manager's job at St James' Park. "It's very clear that it's nothing at all," stated Gus when asked about those rumours.

"I'm very happy here. I've had almost a year back at the club with Juande and Marcos. This is just speculation and it's all too easy because of my relationship with Dennis Wise. It's nothing to worry about and all I intend to do is relax and continue with my job."

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/guskeyspell090908.html

One of the games in this run is a trip to Newcastle in the Carling Cup - which brought us neatly onto press speculation linking Gus with the vacant's manager's job at St James' Park. "It's very clear that it's nothing at all," stated Gus when asked about those rumours.

"I'm very happy here. I've had almost a year back at the club with Juande and Marcos. This is just speculation and it's all too easy because of my relationship with Dennis Wise. It's nothing to worry about and all I intend to do is relax and continue with my job."

A denial, eh?

I'll be expecting him to take over soon then. Friday morning would be my guess. :hmm:

Guest johnson293

I reckon there were talks as reported, but he decided not to come.

Dont know if it's been mentioned/posted, but thoday's Chronicle reckons talks took place, but Poyet is reluctant to leave London.

Just hope its true!!

Dont know if it's been mentioned/posted, but thoday's Chronicle reckons talks took place, but Poyet is reluctant to leave London.

Just hope its true!!

Bloody hell I've just read that piece by the Chronicle it makes it sound like we are trying to pursade him to accept the role and somehow West Ham are a more attractive proposition than us, but if Poyet turns us down we are hoping to get West Ham's cast offs !  Honestly have we fallen this low, it's  extremely sad if we have.

Guest diddimz

If we were to get Poyet he would be facing an uphill battle from the start with the fans, but what would happen if he succeeded and we did well under him, principle still hold and most still hate, or would we come to accept him?

Just hope its true!!

Bloody hell I've just read that piece by the Chronicle it makes it sound like we are trying to pursade him to accept the role and somehow West Ham are a more attractive proposition than us, but if Poyet turns us down we are hoping to get West Ham's cast offs !  Honestly have we fallen this low, it's  extremely sad if we have.

And how would the Chronicle know whats going on?

They've shown all Summer that they're clearly out of the loop and any of their exclusives have either turned out to be bullshit or have already been picked up on here from foreign news sources a few days earlier.

If we were to get Poyet he would be facing an uphill battle from the start with the fans, but what would happen if he succeeded and we did well under him, principle still hold and most still hate, or would we come to accept him?

I wouldn't have a problem because I don't hate him to start with. On the pitch he used to get on my wick when he scored against us, but he built up a good reputation for the work he did at Leeds. I don't think he'll be persuaded though, not the most attractive option to uproot to the north where the supporters of your own team would be willing you to fail.

Just hope its true!!

And how would the Chronicle know whats going on?

They've shown all Summer that they're clearly out of the loop and any of their exclusives have either turned out to be bullshit or have already been picked up on here from foreign news sources a few days earlier.

Point me to the part of my post where I said FACT !! Do you not see the phrases like "make it sound like" in my post ?

Honestly Baggio your comments are getting worse by the second.