Fatih Terim interested in NUFC job

SUPERTOON

The article has now changed. It now says Terim is interested with quotes from his agent but no longer claims Newcastle are in talks.

http://www.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/09/07/Prem-Terim-in-Newcastle-talks/?facets/football/

If we ignore that (if it's true) and go with someone like Zola (one of Wise's friends basically) then I really will lose all faith.

The article has now changed. It now says Terim is interested with quotes from his agent but no longer claims Newcastle are in talks.

http://www.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/09/07/Prem-Terim-in-Newcastle-talks/?facets/football/

If we ignore that (if it's true) and go with someone like Zola (one of Wise's friends basically) then I really will lose all fatih.

Oh ha.

If we ignore that (if it's true) and go with someone like Zola (one of Wise's friends basically) then I really will lose all fatih.

Oh ha.

Beat me to it  :lol:

Terim is a fantastic coach, one of the highest calibre. If he's seriously interested Ashley and Co should be pulling out all the stops to get him here. We would find out a lot about their ambitions if they tried.

Oh ha.

:slowclap:

So is he going to answer to Dennis Wise and get given players he's never heard of? They will probably fill his head with shite at the interview and then come January he will be resigning too with plenty of facts being talked about. Happy days.

So is he going to answer to Dennis Wise and get given players he's never heard of? They will probably fill his head with shite at the interview and then come January he will be resigning too with plenty of facts being talked about. Happy days.

Will the club come out and say from the outset exactly what the new managers role is going to be and who he reports to. I dare them to make the same mistake twice.

If he is as mental as he sounds, it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Not saying he might not be a good appointment. I dont know much about him to comment but a volatile temperament, coupled with the current management staff/chain of command, could be a tabloids dream in-waiting.

Fatih Terim

God no.

Name that's cropped up from a mate of Paul Kemsley, which is close enough for me.  I've wasted £20 on that premise.

Oh I hope you're not going to finance yet another holiday with a s*** Newcastle manager appointment.

Better option than Poyet at the present time.

And yes, if Fatih Terim does get the job it will pay for another holiday!  :laugh:

Not saying he might not be a good appointment. I dont know much about him to comment but a volatile temperament, coupled with the current management staff/chain of command, could be a tabloids dream in-waiting.

Ah but fuck it all now, though. We may as well have a laugh and enjoy it all. I think the sight of 50,000 geordies jumping up and down to the sound of "Lip Up Fatih" would be immense - just imagine. It would be even more impressive than the scarves at Shearer's testimonial. Mental.

What worries me the most is that as-ever, we replace with manager with another one who's the exact opposite, Keegan tends to give the players  a  nice, calm and fun atmosphere were they can enjoy themselves in, Fatih Terim on the other hand is extremely strict and serious, don't think i'd like that switch if i  was in their shoes.

Guest Heneage

What if and bear with me!

ACTUALLY, Setanta mis heard their reporter and Alladyce is interested, and they mis-took "Fattys interested".