Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

I thought he did really well on Davies. Sure you need to be lucky because referees like to look for stuff but it was a good fight between two players who both gave what they got. I was sick of the commentators picking it up like we should be looking to eradicate physical battles from football. Fuck off.

Guest Howaythetoon

He learned to deal with Davies (an underrated player who is more than  just a handful) as the game wore on to the point where he had him in his pocket basically, that is a very good sign.

Guest firetotheworks

I thought he did really well on Davies. Sure you need to be lucky because referees like to look for stuff but it was a good fight between two players who both gave what they got. I was sick of the commentators picking it up like we should be looking to eradicate physical battles from football. f*** off.

Agreed. In interviews Ive read with Davies, thats the type of battle he loves too.

How do we know Jonas uses Firefox?

It was mentioned much earlier in the thread. He was on Facebook or something about it. :lol:

He also uses firefox, what a legend !

How do you know that?

On this facebook, one of his profile pics was a screenshot of the bbc site, when he was using firefox.

Can't believe I actually just searched the thread to find that :lol:

How do we know Jonas uses Firefox?

It was mentioned much earlier in the thread. He was on Facebook or something about it. :lol:

He also uses firefox, what a legend !

How do you know that?

On this facebook, one of his profile pics was a screenshot of the bbc site, when he was using firefox.

Can't believe I actually just searched the thread to find that :lol:

Neither can I but thanks.  :lol:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/03/03/we-can-do-it-says-guti-rrez-61634-23047672/

We can do it, says Gutiérrez

Mar 3 2009 by Luke Edwards, The Journal

JONÁS Gutiérrez has called on Newcastle United to believe in themselves against Manchester United as he argued the 1-1 draw the Magpies achieved at Old Trafford on the first day of the season proved they are capable of taking points off the European Champions.

Given the almost constant turmoil this season, that result seems as though it belongs to a different club, as Kevin Keegan began the new season in encouraging fashion and supporters looked forward to a flurry of new signings before the close of the transfer window on September 1.

Instead, Keegan stormed out following a row over transfer policy and the Magpies have been firefighting ever since, the 1-0 defeat at Bolton Wanderers on Sunday leaving them just two points off the bottom three.

But Gutiérrez, who produced a wonderful performance on his debut against the reigning Premier League champions, still feels the Magpies can upset the odds at St James’s Park tomorrow night and restart their survival push. “It’s vital we start picking up points,” said the Argentinian, who was one of a number of players who under-performed at the Reebok Stadium.

“It’s a tough game against Manchester United. They are the best team in the world, but we can get something out of it, just like we did at Old Trafford earlier in the season.

“I enjoyed that day very much, it was my debut and we got a very good result there.

“I was happy because the fans were chanting my name from the first day. It was only a draw but people thought we would be beaten, but we did very well.

“That was a long time ago, but we can take confidence from that. It’s going to be very difficult, but we know we can play a lot better than we have done recently.

“If we play well and they are distracted by other games, we can get the three points. That is exactly the sort of result we need at the moment to give us a lift.”

Meanwhile, United defender Steven Taylor has declared it is time for Newcastle’s players to stop feeling sorry for themselves.

Taylor was as annoyed as anyone following the Bolton defeat and he did not try to disguise it.

The young centre-back even appeared to be accusing some of his teammates of failing to take responsibility for their actions.

He said: “This has to bring out the men in the dressing room. We’ll see exactly who wants to play for this football club.

“The lads need to show character and show exactly how much playing for Newcastle means to them.

“We’re in a serious relegation fight. We’ve lost at Bolton in a game we should have won.

“Now we have to dust ourselves off for Manchester United.

“They are the best team in the world. Now we have to be men and stand up to that.”

Played class today, our other players actually making runs to pick up the ball from him probably helped a bit. Geremi & Smith were 10x better than Butt has been

Aye, having Martins and Enrique and Lovenkrands buzzing around him all the time helped him massively. Was a real team performance in that first half, we attacked dynamically for the first time in months.