Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Agreed - really don't get the criticism he gets on here sometimes.

Formed out of frustration I think more than anything, it's just a case of 'if only he could just cross it'. But then he'd be playing for Barca, not us.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It comes out of frustration.

Yes his link up play with Enrique can be nice, but at times it doesn't go anywhere, and its often up to José to make the run. Jonás won't move until the ball is at his feet, he never makes a forward run off the ball into space. He stands and waits, and that's what pisses me off the most for someone who has so much pace.

Jonas had a great game today. Got a assist for the first goal, and deliverd a beautiful cross to carrol who head the ball back to nolan for the 2nd. but the thing I like most was his work rate.

Guest MrBrown

Considering that Jonas can't finish and lacks Nolan's footballing intelligence, I'm not sure where the calls for him to replace Nolan behind Carroll come from.

Considering that Jonas can't finish and lacks Nolan's footballing intelligence, I'm not sure where the calls for him to replace Nolan behind Carroll come from.

Who said that? :lol:

:nope: Mr. intelligence can't move usually. Flattered by a very poor villa side and a strong team performance.

Even if he's having a bad game, we're a better team with him in it. I don't rate him sky-high - but the sheer fact he possesses such pace and workrate means defenses drop back and - more often than not - double up. How many times today did Routledge have the wing to himself cos there was about seven Villa men defending the left side? I hope he's not our left-winger for eternity, because i think the attributes he lacks will never be completely sorted out, but i'm pleased he's still here. He's an integral part of the first team.

Even if he's having a bad game, we're a better team with him in it. I don't rate him sky-high - but the sheer fact he possesses such pace and workrate means defenses drop back and - more often than not - double up. How many times today did Routledge have the wing to himself cos there was about seven Villa men defending the left side? I hope he's not our left-winger for eternity, because i think the attributes he lacks will never be completely sorted out, but i'm pleased he's still here. He's an integral part of the first team.

That, for me, sums him up entirely. Agree with that 100%.

Jonas had a great game today. Got a assist for the first goal, and deliverd a beautiful cross to carrol who head the ball back to nolan for the 2nd. but the thing I like most was his work rate.

Wasn't that cross delivered by Jose?

apparently messi thinks jonas is as good as any player in prem and that hes a fantastic crosser of the ball  :kasper:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/150236/Lionel-Messi-Gutierrez-is-as-good-as-Rooney-and-Fabregas-/

There's clearly some incredibly long running, inside joke in Argentina to try and get the rest of the world believing Jonas is a great footballer.

Maybe he's a reality TV star, and not a footballer at all.

I want to marry him and have his kids (and also all the millions for being first pregnant male!!)...

It's nice to have someone in your team who can beat defenders and can hold up the ball and squeeze passes out through sheer trickery! Allright, he has a tendency to only do one in three crosses but who gives a funk?

I want to marry him and have his kids (and also all the millions for being first pregnant male!!)...

It's nice to have someone in your team who can beat defenders and can hold up the ball and squeeze passes out through sheer trickery! Allright, he has a tendency to only do one in three crosses but who gives a funk?

Feel exactly the same, except the babies bit.