Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Yep, in fairness there was a shedload of people saying that people should shut up moaning until after September 1st and that then we would see the true Newcastle United for the season ahead (even KK, in fact!). Well the true Newcastle United has a smaller squad than last year, no manager, risks losing it's most promising player for a number of months and is pretty much up shits creek. Whilst Ashley may not have injured the player, selling Milner and leaving pretty much fuck all cover for Jonas has, albeit unfortunately, turned into another glaring error. If we aren't allowed to moan now when threatened with a midfield of Zog - Butt - Guthrie - Geremi / Duff then when are we?! I do try and be positive most of the time but right now it all looks pretty bleak. I really hope the team turns up on Saturday and does a job on Hull or i fear a riot.

If only Keegan hadn't agreed to sell Milner  :angry:

Having been promised a replacement...

Yep, in fairness there was a shedload of people saying that people should shut up moaning until after September 1st and that then we would see the true Newcastle United for the season ahead (even KK, in fact!). Well the true Newcastle United has a smaller squad than last year, no manager, risks losing it's most promising player for a number of months and is pretty much up shits creek. Whilst Ashley may not have injured the player, selling Milner and leaving pretty much f*** all cover for Jonas has, albeit unfortunately, turned into another glaring error. If we aren't allowed to moan now when threatened with a midfield of Zog - Butt - Guthrie - Geremi / Duff then when are we?! I do try and be positive most of the time but right now it all looks pretty bleak. I really hope the team turns up on Saturday and does a job on Hull or i fear a riot.

If only Keegan hadn't agreed to sell Milner  :angry:

I wish I knew the way down 'tunnel vision road' to 'planet fantasy'

Then, I would be deleriously happy!

(or just delerious . . . )

I heard he'll never play football again.

I heard he'd never play the piano again either.

That's because he never could...

Oh wait news just in....he's dead.

Oh well, a Wise signing anyway, KK had never heard of him.

I heard he'll never play football again.

I heard he'd never play the piano again either.

That's because he never could...

Oh wait news just in....he's dead.

Oh well, a Wise signing anyway, KK had never heard of him.

Its true, piano playing was never really his forte, but he is a real dead loss at it now . . .

(you wise guy, you!)

Wonder if he'll get as much stick as Owen if he gets fit, plays for the Argies again, and gets another injury..!??

What the hell are you on about?

Agreed, totally different circumstance!

Based on last season, do people on here honestly believe Milner would have been that much of an improvement over Geremi or Duff?

He was shit for us. We staved off relegation partly because he was out of the side, not in it. Amazing what a good game against a nearly relegated Championship side, along with a £12m fee, can do for one's reputation.

I remember when Taylor dislocated his shoulder, and within a month he was fit enough to do anything that didn't involve falling over.

Souness played him and he dislocated it again.

Duff clearly lacked confidence beating his man after he did his shoulder twice.

Really hope it isn't dislocated, as it is basically a bad 3-4 month injury (avoiding risks) which can affect a player's form.

Based on last season, do people on here honestly believe Milner would have been that much of an improvement over Geremi or Duff?

He was shit for us. We staved off relegation partly because he was out of the side, not in it. Amazing what a good game against a nearly relegated Championship side, along with a £12m fee, can do for one's reputation.

Exactly, Milners great again Championships sides because he's got great workrate and a bit of flair (yes I said it :)), problem is he's got absolutely no pace and is quite raw.  That's not such a problem against the likes of Coventry, Geremi was beating there defenders for pace FFS!! :lol:  But against Premiership sides its a fatal flaw, especially for a player like him.  £12 million was absolutely insane money and it would have been equally insane to turn the offer down.

Milner's problem isn't just lack of pace, he's just very average anyway.

Like I said his problem is lack of pace and lack of technique, I don't agree that all of his attributes are average, but in the Premiership you need either pace or technique.

Guest Brazilianbob

Milners problem was most NUFC fans wouldn't know a quality player even if they were kicked in the n*ts by one.

Guest optimistic nit

Milners problem was most NUFC fans wouldn't know a quality player even if they were kicked in the n*ts by one.

Milner would probably miss the balls anyway.

actually thats not true, there was nothing wrong with milners game, he didn't do anything badly, he just didn't do anything particulary well either. we'll see what villa do with him though, he could turn into a good player with some expert coaching imo.