Would you want Keegan back now?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Of course, he's the best person for the job, the candidates we're looking at to replace him or quite frankly pathetic.  Most people here seem to be using the reasoning that he walked out so if he came back he'd just do it again.  If the likes of Wise stay at this club any good manager with any integrity at all will end up walking out within a year anyway.. once they're sick to the back teeth of being undermined.

Simple one.

I'm honestly not sure myself. :-[

I can understand your uncertainty (maybe it's your head conflicting with your heart), for me it's a clear no. As much as we feel emotionally connected to KK, there are better managers around. We cant afford to have a manager who will spit the dummy everytime there's a disagreement between board and manager. Situation will get worse now coz he will feel he can get his way on almost anything thanks to the fans backing. I won't mind taking that risk if it was managers of Mourinho, Wenger and Fergie calibre but KK is not in their league...not even close. Though he gets lots of decisions right, I don't trust his judgement 100% not even 80% (for the record IF it was his decision to keep Smith and Barton, then I think he is/was dead wrong). A manager is suppose to  manage including manage disagreements and dfferences with the board, and that's KK archiles heels.

Thanks to our emotional attachment to KK, he has become bigger than the club and no football club should be ruled by one man.

Guest Anders28

I would love to have Keegan back at this time.

If Wise and Llambias leave, I'm sure that Kevin could do things his way.

I don't think there is a manager that would want to take the job in our club at this point. And to see the way we played today, it's just pissed me off even more!

Simple one.

I'm honestly not sure myself. :-[

I can understand your uncertainty (maybe it's your head conflicting with your heart), for me it's a clear no. As much as we feel emotionally connected to KK, there are better managers around.

Thanks to our emotional attachment to KK, he has become bigger than the club and no football club should be ruled by one man.

As much as i agree with your post its the bit in bold that concerns me, care to name those?

I want someone in.

I want someone who we can be looking to to drive the lads forward.

I want someone with a growing reputation and strong enough will to implement his ideas onto every player in the squad.

I want someone who can work with the other players in the club, be it Wise, Shearer, Ashley, Jesus Christ. Whoever they are. I want a team who trust eachother.

Could that be Keegan? Things would have to change but maybe a tweak here and there would be a good thing.

Could that be Poyet or Ince. Unlikely as they would immediately have a weakened position with the fans and some players due to their links with Wise.

Who else could it be? Martinez? (my choice if not Keegan) Zico? Terim? whould the final 2 be able to work alongside a Director of Football.

Its time for the board to draw a line under the past 2 weeks and make the bravest decision in their professional career

some of the players wise has bought in are good, and if its those or keegan wanting smith, barton, milner rather than £12m, ronaldinho, lampard (reportedly) then we have to ask questions of keegan. couldnt we just castrate wise a bit, but still keep them there finding good players, and in an ideal world, keegan would accept them. but it just so happens NUFC isnt in an ideal world!

Guest johnson293

Yes, because until some of our fans get him out of our system it will be very hard to move on.

^ This

I think KK is the only one who could come in and placate a lot of the fans in th ecurrent situation.

Anyone else comes in, and if results don't go well, the backlash will just start quicker than normal.

Until Keegan comes in, fails and leaves under because of that, a lot of people won't get past the current 'he was forced out' feeling.

Yes. I wouldn't expect a top half finish with any other manager than Keegan.

Would you expect to get 12 months out of him without a resignation?

If the deal is good and promises are kept, then I see no reason to believe he'll resign again.

I've had a think and my positon on him coming back has softened a little. I'd take him back as manager but he needs to stop messing about and either enter into deadly serious discussions with Ashley about coming back and working as part of the current system or he needs to accept the system is staying and tell Ashley he is 100% not interested.

Guest Stephen927

My main concern is who we can get in to replace him that would appease the fans, and who would be happy to work in the current set-up.

1831: "My future is here at Blackburn - I've only been here five minutes. All I'm focusing on Blackburn, we've got a lot of work to do here and it's a long-term project. That's what I'm looking at, and only that."

Blackburn boss Paul Ince on rumours linking him to Newcastle

Yup.

He's simply the best man for this football club and certainly the only one who will satisfy the majority of our supporters.  'Tweak' the system by giving him final yay/nay on transfers, keep the scouting system, and hoy whoever it was who he doesn't get on with out of the door.  Then get him and Ashley necking pints at the press conference.  Job done, the fans have their favourite manager back, Ashley gets credit for sorting it out, turmoil over.

Yes because he is the only manager the fans will accept

Let's hope not.

The cult of personality, Shearer, Keegan, whoever, while I too love it and feel it is part of what makes the town buzz on a saturday, is really starting to get to me. I'm not sure all the nonsense peddled in the papers that we only need a Geordie or someone who 'truely understands the club' helps the club in any way, and has been a shadow over incoming managers for far too long.