Would you want Keegan back now?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No I don't want him back.

He came back this time, and totally tainted the reputation and image he had built up in the early 90's. Surely what he's done for the club will never ever be forgotten, and is the stuff of true legends. But this love affair is all too corrupted now. Best to avoid it like the plague and just move on.

Plus - imo, he would never EVER walk back into this job again regardless of who the owner is.

I'm a huge KK supporter and when Ashley and he met for that Friday meeting I was extremely excited because it was in the best interests of the club at the time for the man to return as our manager. Short term he's still the best man for the job but I honestly think the best thing for future stability is to now move on, with a fresh start under a new regime.

If the owner can give Keegan big transfer funds whenever he requires them, it can work. But then if you give any manager enough money he's not going to go far wrong tbf.

And when the club can't afford to do that he'll be off in a shot, similar to when he managed here the first time and at Man City.

If the owner can give Keegan big transfer funds whenever he requires them, it can work. But then if you give any manager enough money he's not going to go far wrong tbf.

Wanna bet?

http://img.skysports.com/07/09/218x298/GraemeSouness_566271.jpg

Wanna bet?

http://img.skysports.com/07/09/218x298/GraemeSouness_566271.jpg

*shields self with crucifix*

Noone thinking with there heads here, just there heart which i suppose is fair enough. However would just like to point out that people are wanting Keegan off the basis of something he's achieved over 15 years ago and hasnt recreated anywhere else since. His main qualification for people who dont want to acknowledge this fact is that he's improved every club he's been at....hardly a ringing endorsement in my opinion.

He's only managed 2 clubs in the Premiership, us and Man City and is major managerial achievment is something he achieved with us 15 years ago.. At Man City he estabilished them (just about) as a premiership team. What he achieved 15 years ago isnt replicable nowadays becasue the gap is so huge financially, whereas then it wasnt so. He's quit everywhere he's been for varying reasons, and had failed at the England job as has many.

His record quite frankly is no greater than Sam Allardyces or even Alan Curbishley, anyone care to point out anything majorly wrong with this statement feel free.

I have no doubt that he's a man who in the right circumstances is the outstanding candidate for the job becasue his main qualification is that he appeals to the masses, which we can safely say is now the most important qualification for the club.

For me, as you can see, no matter how much ive loved him in the past and loved what he's achieved for the club he's a man who managerial achievments ALONE doesnt warrant consideration for the job anyone else with similar qualifications on similar timescales would be equally cast aside.

So for me, id like to see a manager with a solid record who plays nice football, the standout candidate for me is Deschamps.

im not sure anyone else would touch the job with a bargepole, and those who would, we shouldnt touch them with this aforementioned bargepole. id have keegan over bruce, poyet et al. shearer would be an interesting appointment

I have to say I'd agree with that to some extent. I don't particularly think Keegan's got a lot of knowledge in the transfer market, and his targets are usually well established names as a result, sometimes past their best. If the next owner has deep pockets and doesn't mind spending big and still probably winning nowt then that's ok by me.

For all the faults which I think Keegan has, he does still bring a lot to the table.

1) Attacking football

2) Great motivation

3) Feelgood factor

4) Proud figurehead

and also of course, once he's had his shot, it will be a monkey off our backs. We won't keep thinking... what if?

His record quite frankly is no greater than Sam Allardyces or even Alan Curbishley, anyone care to point out anything majorly wrong with this statement feel free.

Statistics, statistics.

Allardyce and Curbishley couldnt come close to rejuvinating not only the club, but the area as a whole like Kevin Keegan did.

Thats worth almost as much as a piece of silverware.

It's very similar to that of David O'Leary IMO.

Another ringing endorsement!!

The list of simliarly 'mediocre' (tin hat) managers i imiagine is endless, i was unhappy with his appointment then he began to win me over but no matter what i resented that he and apparently the majority of the fans wanted the club to march to his beat when quite clearly this should only be afforded to managers who have a reputation and record which demand that honour.

Emphatic no. Never go back.

unfortunaltey the mob have spoken and i genuinely believe he'll be the next man in. Would be interesting to see the reaction of the crowd if he isnt appointed assuming we're taken over....

It's very similar to that of David O'Leary IMO.

Another ringing endorsement!!

The list of simliarly 'mediocre' (tin hat) managers i imiagine is endless, i was unhappy with his appointment then he began to win me over but no matter what i resented that he and apparently the majority of the fans wanted the club to march to his beat when quite clearly this should only be afforded to managers who have a reputation and record which demand that honour.

Emphatic no. Never go back.

unfortunaltey the mob have spoken and i genuinely believe he'll be the next man in. Would be interesting to see the reaction of the crowd if he isnt appointed assuming we're taken over....

muted acceptance I would reckon. A new manager appointed by a new board would be given a chance, but the ghost of Keegan is going to be around for a while yet.

I love how "the mob have spoken" yet all the people who are so vehemently against what they did at the Hull game dont appear to be doing anything in response.

Personally, I would never have got involved in the whole thing as I certainly didnt want him to sell up but I also dont really think they had an effect on Ashley's decision. I think it was a convenient excuse for him to get out.

He is still here and I think there may still be a chance to get him to change his mind but I guess he isnt being made aware of what support is out there for him

Guest Brummiemag

Yes would welcome him back with open arms. I thought we were making progress in the short time he was there, in my opinion he was turning it round, the football was a lot better and he was getting results. 

I love how "the mob have spoken" yet all the people who are so vehemently against what they did at the Hull game dont appear to be doing anything in response.

Personally, I would never have got involved in the whole thing as I certainly didnt want him to sell up but I also dont really think they had an effect on Ashley's decision. I think it was a convenient excuse for him to get out.

He is still here and I think there may still be a chance to get him to change his mind but I guess he isnt being made aware of what support is out there for him

Like what? Do you honestly think people would get together and protest against bringing Keegan back?

That is possibly the most stupid thing I've ever read on this board. :lol: