Shearer sacked as club ambassador? NUFC say not...

k2

You would have thought that they would have learned a lesson from the last few days, this is moronic and just adding fuel to the flames.  If I didn't know better I'd say they were trying to piss people off.

this is moronic and just adding fuel to the flames.  If I didn't know better I'd say they were trying to piss people off.

Aye, you'd think they might have more urgent matters to attend to right now than "sacking" a guy who doesn't do much anyway.

Overall im not bothered, it wasnt a real job anyway, it was just a role to keep Shearer part of the club. I love Shearer as much as other Newcastle fans but its no odds if he has this job or not.

However, the timing, seems like a blatant dig at the fans tbh, probably after the protesting.

Nothing on the net or SSN.

This thread needs deleting as it does nothing but make the situation worse and spread rumours which may not be true. By all means create a new thread when 1 creditable source confirms this but until then it really shouldn't be on here IMO.

Nothing on the net or SSN.

This thread needs deleting as it does nothing but make the situation worse and spread rumours which may not be true. By all means create a new thread when 1 creditable source confirms this but until then it really shouldn't be on here IMO.

I agree.

k2, if you want to PM me your source for this tale I'll open the thread but until then it's just another rumour.

Guest afternoonfix

Alan Shearer is kicked out as Mike Ashley gives in and puts Newcastle up for sale

Alan Shearer has been sacked from his role as official ambassador of Newcastle United by controversial owner Mike Ashley, who has bowed to fans' protests and is now ready to sell the crisis-torn club.

Former England and Newcastle captain Shearer, it emerged on Sunday, was relieved of his post in a phone call following his criticism last week of manager Kevin Keegan's exit and the structure of the club, which permitted Dennis Wise and Tony Jimenez to handle transfers.

Billionaire Ashley, meanwhile, issued a 1,600 word statement on Sunday night, explaining why he wants to get out.

Scroll down for more

Alan Shearer

Farewell: Shearer is no longer an official ambassador for the Magpies

'I am not stupid and have listened to the fans. I have really loved taking my kids to the games, being next to them and all the fans.

More...

* Mike Ashley: I'm a dad who can't take his kids to watch games for fear of assault.....I've got to get out

* Breaking point: Under-fire Ashley puts crisis club Newcastle up for sale

* Newcastle 1 Hull City 2

'But I am now a dad who can't take his kids to a football game on a Saturday because I am advised that we would be assaulted. Therefore, I am no longer prepared to subsidise Newcastle United. I am putting the club up for sale.'

Shearer, who was at St James' Park on Saturday to see Newcastle humbled 2-1 by Premier League newcomers Hull City in front of furious supporters, told the BBC that he would not be interested in returning to the club as manager under its present regime.

The club's record goalscorer with 192 goals in 363 appearances, who was appointed as an ambassador after his retirement two years ago, had described the structure at the club as 'strange'.

But he was informed by telephone that he is no longer to use the title as club ambassador, while his former team-mate John Beresford, a regular match-day host, has also been relieved of those duties.

Shearer said: 'I'd like to be a manager at some point in my career but I want to manage - and control who comes in and out of the club.

'If you've got three, four or five players waiting for you and you don't know who they are, then you have got the right to ask yourself, "Can I manage this football club?"'

'The decision to relieve Shearer of his title is certain to enrage Newcastle fans even further and inflame feelings against Ashley.

Shearer is an iconic figure on Tyneside, hailing from Gosforth and being bought by Keegan during his first spell as St James' Park manager for a then record £15million from Blackburn Rovers in 1996.

Former chairman Freddy Shepherd, who was subjected to protests himself throughout his turbulent reign, named a bar at the front of the stadium after the ex-England captain.

It is not known if Shearer's Bar, which was boycotted by the vast majority of fans on Saturday who would normally fill it, will undergo a name change.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1055797/Alan-Shearer-kicked-Mike-Ashley-gives-puts-Newcastle-sale.html?ITO=1490