Mike Ashley confirms he wants to sell NUFC - see OP for full statement

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Feel like weve been lead up the garden path by Ashley, and while much of his statement i have a feeling of agreement with, i still believe it to be a sorrow story to try and get a few fans back on his side.

Sorry Mike, but if you thought last year that you would only spend £20m a season on the team, why didnt you come out and say it? Also why dont u mention your cockney mates who still have jobs in our shambles of a club?

The quicker you sell the better.

And what happens if he sells to someone who isn't prepared to put any of their own money into the club?

He says he wont!

Sheppard would be horrific.

At least Ashley has sown he listens to fans. try having Romanov, we've been telling him to f*** off for 3 years.

i'm sure KK will re-release Head Over Heels in Love, just in time for xmas to cheer us all up :snod:

True, Romanov brings new meaning to the words 'board interference'! I've always had a soft spot for Hearts, and remember them having an amazing start under George Burley a few years back until Romanov decided he knew better.

Things have never recovered since then, which is a shame as when he took over I thought that if Romanov backed them then they had a chance of getting up there near Celtic and Rangers.

Never had a proble with MA's heart nor the business model he's suggesting but;

Sports Direct has a major problem with communicating and so does the NUFC Board. If you are a top businessman know your weaknesses and deal with them.

Appoint the right staff. Llambias has done nothing publicly other than be the token fall guy yesterday. Keegan was the wrong manager to build a youth based team over a five year period and Wise's appointment just shows a total gap in local knowledge. The only appointment he got right was Mort and that didn't last.

Newcastle can't be run out of London. The regional element is central to who we are.

Finally even if a youth based model is the strategic way forward NUFC needs some immediate investment to get back to being a side in the top 10. This was the emotional deal with the fans as the club wanted NUFC to challange CL in three years - we are nowhere near this - something only KK and the fans knew it seems.

So I bear no grudges but MA is no more fit to run the club than any of the previous jokers - time to move on for better or worse. There is no going back and even MA has realised that now.

I just feel gutted in general.  I still have no idea what Ashleys major crime was,  and why on earth he has suddenly been the target for the abuse he recieved in the last week or so.  Feel sorry for him,  he did seem to want the best for Newcastle,  but just wasn't willing to change the structure he had in place for Keegan.  Same really for Wise,  he's doing the job Ashley gave him 8 months ago,  and we have no real fact that he's done anything wrong yet.  Easy target,  though. 

Its just a sad,  sad situation at the moment.

Every day just seems to be a new kick in the balls at the moment,  getting slightly harder as the weeks go on.

Guest optimistic nit

what i will say, it took 2-3 fucking years to get shepheard out. whereas 1 demonstration and ashley sells up, some may see that as quitting, but i see it as putting the club first above his own ego, which a certain LOCAL business man didn't do.

Guest optimistic nit

He has branded us as thugs

Cant take his kids to games for fear of being assaulted. What a w*** thing to say

but its f***ing true :lol:

Fortune teller are you?

:lol: i'm going to refrain from abusing you and only call you a fucking idiot.

Never had a proble with MA's heart nor the business model he's suggesting but;

Sports Direct has a major problem with communicating and so does the NUFC Board. If you are a top businessman know your weaknesses and deal with them.

Appoint the right staff. Llambias has done nothing publicly other than be the token fall guy yesterday. Keegan was the wrong manager to build a youth based team over a five year period and Wise's appointment just shows a total gap in local knowledge. The only appointment he got right was Mort and that didn't last.

Newcastle can't be run out of London. The regional element is central to who we are.

Finally even if a youth based model is the strategic way forward NUFC needs some immediate investment to get back to being a side in the top 10. This was the emotional deal with the fans as the club wanted NUFC to challange CL in three years - we are nowhere near this - something only KK and the fans knew it seems.

So I bear no grudges but MA is no more fit to run the club than any of the previous jokers - time to move on for better or worse. There is no going back and even MA has realised that now.

Good post, agree with that.

what i will say, it took 2-3 fucking years to get shepheard out. whereas 1 demonstration and ashley sells up, some may see that as quitting, but i see it as putting the club first above his own ego, which a certain LOCAL business man didn't do.

True. Shep was in a fuckin' coma with tubes sticking out for the club to be taken from him. No wonder Ashley had no time to check the books, the fat one would've woken by the time and snapped the drawers shut.

Guest optimistic nit

Feel like weve been lead up the garden path by Ashley, and while much of his statement i have a feeling of agreement with, i still believe it to be a sorrow story to try and get a few fans back on his side.

Sorry Mike, but if you thought last year that you would only spend £20m a season on the team, why didnt you come out and say it? Also why dont u mention your cockney mates who still have jobs in our shambles of a club?

The quicker you sell the better.

yet when keegan told the story from his side every fucked picked up a torch and a pitchfork and marched on sjp.

if he sold to shepheard it would be no more than some of our fans deserved.

i'm so angry ashley didn't come out and say all this a week ago.

I just feel gutted in general.  I still have no idea what Ashleys major crime was,  and why on earth he has suddenly been the target for the abuse he recieved in the last week or so.  Feel sorry for him,  he did seem to want the best for Newcastle,  but just wasn't willing to change the structure he had in place for Keegan.  Same really for Wise,  he's doing the job Ashley gave him 8 months ago,  and we have no real fact that he's done anything wrong yet.  Easy target,  though. 

I agree with you it is shame the fans didn't do this for the sacking of Bobby yet when it seems the new owners need time to do something the whle tyneside errupts it is just shame and very sad. I never ashamed of being a NUFC supporter.

Its just a sad,  sad situation at the moment.

Every day just seems to be a new kick in the balls at the moment,  getting slightly harder as the weeks go on.

Guest CarlaNUFC

At least Ashley has sown he listens to fans. try having Romanov, we've been telling him to f*** off for 3 years.

i'm sure KK will re-release Head Over Heels in Love, just in time for xmas to cheer us all up :snod:

True, Romanov brings new meaning to the words 'board interference'! I've always had a soft spot for Hearts, and remember them having an amazing start under George Burley a few years back until Romanov decided he knew better.

Things have never recovered since then, which is a shame as when he took over I thought that if Romanov backed them then they had a chance of getting up there near Celtic and Rangers.

So True!

He decides who the club sign and sell, he picks the team on a saturday too!!

Yeah we finished 2nd in the league the season Burley started. we would have grown to be constant title challengers if he stayed and was left to do his own thing IMO.

Ashley was nowhere near as interferring! but hopefully if this new buyer comes in we get all the shite behind us and get back to Glory days.

Shepherd's on SSN now.

He will no doubt be laughing his tits off at how quickly Ashley royally fucked up his investment having taken advantage of Freddie while he was in his hospital bed.

Guest Wally_McFool

Mike Ashley is still telling lies IMO.

In todays statement he says "The club is still in debt. Even worse than that, the club still owes millions of pounds in transfer fees"

Last may Chris Mort (on behalf of Ashley I assume) said in the Times,

This club had £100million-worth of debt which has now been cleared and it would be foolish to stretch it beyond its limits.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article3885412.ece

Shepherd's on SSN now.

He will no doubt be laughing his tits off at how quickly Ashley royally fucked up his investment having taken advantage of Freddie while he was in his hospital bed.

He didn't take advantage of Shepherd, there's an interview with Sir John Hall on here where he says he went to meet Ashley with a price agreed with the Shepherd's about what he'd sell the club for, they were desperate to get out because of the mess the club was in.

Guest thefishman

How fukin fickle are some so called fans on here?

That statement wasnt written by ashley the blokes a businesman for fuks sake and he will make money off NUFC, thats all he was interested in from the start. Dont give my the feel sorry for him, right direction bollocks, he was in it for profit from the get go!

The blokes a bastard fraud and sacking keegan he knew the fans would backlash hes not stupid! Hence giving him a get out clause. U dont become a billionaire by luck!

I just wish some fans would stick to there own opinions and not jump as soon as they see fit.

Good riddance to the twat albeit with 50 million profit in his bank, wanker!

Ohh and why was his vison ie im bringing the title so st james in 5 years so different to his closing statement? Cos its fukin bollocks! And the hidden debt he knew nothing about? Ohh hang on lets buy newcastle without checking the books? Its like buying a car with no log book..                        

rant over cheers.

That statement wasnt written by ashley the blokes a businesman for fuks sake and he will make money off NUFC, thats all he was interested in from the start. Dont give my the feel sorry for him, right direction bollocks, he was in it for profit from the get go!

The blokes a bastard fraud and sacking keegan he knew the fans would backlash hes not stupid! Hence giving him a get out clause. U dont become a billionaire by luck!

I just wish some fans would stick to there own opinions and not jump as soon as they see fit.

Good riddance to the twat albeit with 50 million profit in his bank, wanker!

Ohh and why was his vison ie im bringing the title so st james in 5 years so different to his closing statement? Cos its fukin bollocks! And the hidden debt he knew nothing about? Ohh hang on lets buy newcastle without checking the books? Its like buying a car with no log book..                        

rant over cheers.

He didn't sack Keegan you mong.

Mike Ashley is still telling lies IMO.

In todays statement he says "The club is still in debt. Even worse than that, the club still owes millions of pounds in transfer fees"

Last may Chris Mort (on behalf of Ashley I assume) said in the Times,

This club had £100million-worth of debt which has now been cleared and it would be foolish to stretch it beyond its limits.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle3885412.ece

Those two statements can quite easily apply at the same time ???

The blokes a b****** fraud and sacking keegan he knew the fans would backlash hes not stupid! Hence giving him a get out clause. U dont become a billionaire by luck!

Good riddance to the t*** albeit with 50 million profit in his bank, w*****!

rant over cheers.

And WTF @ that avatar :lol:

So True!

He decides who the club sign and sell, he picks the team on a saturday too!!

Yeah we finished 2nd in the league the season Burley started. we would have grown to be constant title challengers if he stayed and was left to do his own thing IMO.

Ashley was nowhere near as interferring! but hopefully if this new buyer comes in we get all the s**** behind us and get back to Glory days.

'Back' to the glory days? I must have blinked and missed them, unless you're referring to 1952-55. :lol:

I'm scared about who the new buyer might be. It's one thing if it's Saudi billions wanting to buy success, which may be fun for a while, but what if it's someone like Fat Fred who manages to scrape together the money to buy Ashley out but then can't keep it going and ends up racking the debts up again?

But then going back to the Saudi billions, would that really be fun? Part of the pride I've always had about being a Newcastle fan is that nobody could call me a glory hunter. I've often looked at Man U fans celebrating winning yet another trophy and thought "That means nothing to you. You'll clap it up then go home and forget about it". If we won anything, even a league cup, it'd be a party like we've not seen in over 50 years here. Buying our way up the league would put us in with the "expect to wins" and would, to me, devalue any success.

Maybe Ashley's way of steady progress wasn't so bad after all?

Guest thefishman

The blokes a b****** fraud and sacking keegan he knew the fans would backlash hes not stupid! Hence giving him a get out clause. U dont become a billionaire by luck!

rant over cheers.

Thanks, have you polished your rockports for the next protest? I'll make sure theres a sunshine bus to pick u up.

rant over cheers.

Christ almighty, not sure where to start with that mess but I'll have a go...

Fickle? Not at all. My opinion on Ashley has been consistent throughout.

Only interested in the money and "U dont become a billionaire by luck!" - You also don't become a billionaire by buying a football club. If Ashley wanted to make money (And he's proven he's pretty good at that), there's a thousand better ways to do it than getting into football.

Keegan wasn't sacked, he resigned.

"50 million profit" What?? We're not sold yet.

And as for the last paragraph, it's common knowledge that he was given a deadline by the halls to buy or not and had no time to do checks on the books. No doubt that's because the Halls knew fine well that if he DID look at the books, they'd not get half the price they were asking.

Apart from all that, your post was great.  :thup:

Guest optimistic nit

anyone thinking Shepheard would get Keegan back may be in for a rude awakening. I find it strange that the very first managerial appointment after we lost shepheard was Keegan. i dont think Keegan would be prepared to come back under shepheard, although i may be wrong. he may be what kept keegan away from the club for 10 years.

Guest thefishman

Ohh  lets buy nufc without checking the most important thing in any business ie the books? ARE you fukin kidding me?

Keegan wasnt sacked i agree but he was left with no choice

He will want at least 50 mill profit before he sells