Mike Ashley confirms he wants to sell NUFC - see OP for full statement

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest thommo78

Shouldn't it be "Mike Ashley confirms he is going to sell NUFC" rather than "wants to". You can clearly tell he doesn't want to.

Says who??? You don't think Mike has been looking for a profit if the right offer came in even before this saga. True this may have forced his hand...but its also a little convienient. True leaders would ride this storm out and use communication to reassure the fans..

Freddy came back from Toongate even though the fans were angry..true he was not universally loved but he had the stomatch to take rough with the smooth..This is all to much of a "woe is me" and "throwing in the towel"...its a childish reaction not one of a truely committed owner and businessman..

I don't presume to know his intentions one way or another but that statement would have run through many lawyer and PR peoples hands before being released.

Does nobody else find it strange how easily he's giving in btw?

The so-called 'brainless mongs' are getting a lot of stick for this, but I doubt he became a hugely successful businessman with over a billion pounds to his name without pissing a good few people off. Why the reluctance to prove them wrong now? Is he really so susceptable to a few poorly knocked-up banners and a bit of chanting from a load of 'unemployed, Army-joining, clueless fucks' at one game? Seems a bit sensitive for the highly emotive business that is top-flight football.

Sadly there's been no other outcome likely since yesterday.

Exactly. It's one thing being a hard-nosed businessman, it's another to have your custom base despise you to the extent you can't watch your own team with your family any more. In any case, no financial plan can survive with a business model that doesn't have people pulling in the same direction.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

I wouldn't be surprised if he already has a buyer lined up, such is the way with this regime and it's use of 'statements' to the fans via the official website.

Guest johnson293

Anyone remember when the first stories starting coming out about Ashley wanting to sell up ?

In the media.... 'bout a week after he bought the club, wasn't it???

Guest LucaAltieri

Yet it took the assholes about half a day to start protesting and chanting 'Sack the Board' at the top of their voices. Unemployed, Army-joining, clueless fucks.

See your own first point. You know this how? You saw the news and made your opinion. Hypocrite.

Errrr, far be it for me to comment on behalf of DJ_NUFC (but I'm going to anyway).

You do realise that there is a minor difference between:

a) Turning up with torches and pitch forks based on hearsay.

and

b) Calling people idiots because they can be clearly seen to be behaving like idiots on national TV.

He didn't say they were idiots. He said they were "Unemployed, Army-joining, clueless fucks". Now you must have a better tv than me because I can't tell that from my tv and it cost a fortune. Maybe I should take it back.  :coolsmiley:

I can't agree more that those who caused trouble after the game are assholes though. They showed this in their actions of vandalizing their own city and fighting etc.

I'm fairly sure it wasn't meant literally.

The only statements from the club and Keegan have been extremely diplomatic, guarded and without blame for anyone but the veiled circumstances which  nobody knows anything about.

The club's statement listing their 'facts' contradicted their earlier public statements and were issued in order to blame Keegan.

issued in response to keegans earlier "let the manager manage" line as issued on his behalf by the LMA.

So you agree with me that the statements issued were not "without blame for anyone"

Thanks in advance

I just hate the whole 'mong' thing and the generalization thing as I think it can contribute to making someone's argument lose it's value. Even a good argument.

This is what makes this all the more intruiging. I cant believe that Mike Ashley is selling because the mongs have been singing and chanting at him.

If only he had opened up some dialogue with a set of fans who can communicate the concerns to him, he could so easily have worked around it.

Guest LucaAltieri

What puzzles me is how the "mongs" at True Faith, The Mag and nufc.com have managed to put out writing of such a high standard for such a long time.

They haven't.

Communication was the main issue here. And people's (mongs') inability to think and the expert ability to eat up whatever they're told by the media.

To this day there has been no confirmation about the following stories:

A) Wise and his evil masterplan and domineering presence

B) Keegan's superstar wishlist which included Maradona

C) KK didn't want to sell Milner but was forced to face the media and take the blame.

D) The long list of exodus Llambias framed, notarised, and handed to KK which prompted him to punch Llambias in the face and walk out.

E) KK's bust-up (physical or purely oratory) with the 'board members.'

F) Xisco & Gonzales being 'nobodies' in KK's mind.

The list continues. The only statements from the club and Keegan have been extremely diplomatic, guarded and without blame for anyone but the veiled circumstances which nobody knows anything about.

Yet it took the assholes about half a day to start protesting and chanting 'Sack the Board' at the top of their voices. Unemployed, Army-joining, clueless f***s.

Can we please, for the sake of sanity, wait to judge all parties when some semblance of truth comes to light?

Sadly, all Ashley had to do was descend down the steps of St. James' or go on Sky and open a dialogue with the fans. Or even release a statement of what has gone on behind the scenes. The fans, majority of them, would have been placated and the sane ones would've been happy to give him as much time he needs to sort things out, with or without Keegan.

Rationality has been lacking from everyone in this matter, KK, the club and, especially, the fans.

:clap:

Probably the best post I've read on this forum in my entire time here.

Though before you get a big head, bear in mind the standard of the competition. ;)

He may he some decent points, but he ends up looking like a complete f***ing cock with his snobbish use of 'mongs'.  

Could you also tell me what being unemployed has to do with it?

Do you not realise the history of the area? Are all the decent, hard working people made unemployed going to be tarred with the same brush?

Hopefully it'll never happen to you. Prick.

On another point, maybe it's time for the media to stop believing what the media write.

Not sure if that's aimed at me or DJ, but I'll answer it anyway.

As it happens, I got made redundant on Monday gone. But rather than sit at home and watch Jeremy Kyle in my boxer shorts (Or worse still, going up to St James' Park dressed in a tracksuit, cap and eating a Greggs pastie), I've spent the week looking for new work and start my new job tomorrow. 6 days unemployed, I guess there's jobs out there if you look hard enough.

Anyway, I digress, but only because of your use of the word "prick". But I don't think the use of the word "Mongs" is unfair, given that the people that have been spending their days camped outside St James' Park trying to get their ill-judged and ill-formed grunts onto Sky Sports would probably fail to reach an IQ of 100 if they all clubbed together.

The only statements from the club and Keegan have been extremely diplomatic, guarded and without blame for anyone but the veiled circumstances which  nobody knows anything about.

The club's statement listing their 'facts' contradicted their earlier public statements and were issued in order to blame Keegan.

issued in response to keegans earlier "let the manager manage" line as issued on his behalf by the LMA.

So you agree with me that the statements issued were not "without blame for anyone"

Thanks in advance

I've already answered this. Go back a few pages.

Of course I agree with you, but I repeat... it wasn't enough incriminating evidence to bombard down the street calling for a cockney genocide.

As it happens, I got made redundant on Monday gone. But rather than sit at home and watch Jeremy Kyle in my boxer shorts (Or worse still, going up to St James' Park dressed in a tracksuit, cap and eating a Greggs pastie), I've spent the week looking for new work and start my new job tomorrow. 6 days unemployed, I guess there's jobs out there if you look hard enough.

Anyway, I digress, but only because of your use of the word "prick". But I don't think the use of the word "Mongs" is unfair, given that the people that have been spending their days camped outside St James' Park trying to get their ill-judged and ill-formed grunts onto Sky Sports would probably fail to reach an IQ of 100 if they all clubbed together.

Shite few days there mate but congratulations on the new job

Communication was the main issue here. And people's (mongs') inability to think and the expert ability to eat up whatever they're told by the media.

To this day there has been no confirmation about the following stories:

A) Wise and his evil masterplan and domineering presence

B) Keegan's superstar wishlist which included Maradona

C) KK didn't want to sell Milner but was forced to face the media and take the blame.

D) The long list of exodus Llambias framed, notarised, and handed to KK which prompted him to punch Llambias in the face and walk out.

E) KK's bust-up (physical or purely oratory) with the 'board members.'

F) Xisco & Gonzales being 'nobodies' in KK's mind.

The list continues. The only statements from the club and Keegan have been extremely diplomatic, guarded and without blame for anyone but the veiled circumstances which nobody knows anything about.

Yet it took the assholes about half a day to start protesting and chanting 'Sack the Board' at the top of their voices. Unemployed, Army-joining, clueless f***s.

Can we please, for the sake of sanity, wait to judge all parties when some semblance of truth comes to light?

Sadly, all Ashley had to do was descend down the steps of St. James' or go on Sky and open a dialogue with the fans. Or even release a statement of what has gone on behind the scenes. The fans, majority of them, would have been placated and the sane ones would've been happy to give him as much time he needs to sort things out, with or without Keegan.

Rationality has been lacking from everyone in this matter, KK, the club and, especially, the fans.

:clap:

Probably the best post I've read on this forum in my entire time here.

Though before you get a big head, bear in mind the standard of the competition. ;)

He may he some decent points, but he ends up looking like a complete fucking cock with his snobbish use of 'mongs'.  

Could you also tell me what being unemployed has to do with it?

Do you not realise the history of the area? Are all the decent, hard working people made unemployed going to be tarred with the same brush?

Hopefully it'll never happen to you. Prick.

On another point, maybe it's time for the media to stop believing what the media write.

Oh my Lord.

Okay, since this board is uber PC now, along with going on record denying that I look down upon the good men and women who serve their national forces, I now append to that same record that I do not think lowly about the 'people of the area.'

It made me feel better to describe the pitchfork brigade thus just as you feel better by calling me a prick.

I, Sir, have been unemployed before. If anything, I have more in common with these common people of whom you speak than with almost anyone on this board.

In the heat of the moment though, and when you see them on telly, you can't help but vomit such a vitriol at them.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Shepherd 'Ashley should take some of his own advice, dont be cry babies'

Hes been approached by big money players who want NUFC

I was at the protest, I was shouting sack the board and chanting because that is the only way I could communicate to the football club how I felt about the situation... I don't consider myself to be a "mong", and I dont think alot of the people there were "mongs" either.  Obviously everywhere you go in life, not just at football, you do get the "mong" element, but to class everyone who has protested as "Mongs" is slightly narrow minded in my opinion.

s**** few days there mate but congratulations on the new job

Cheers, I was thinking the same myself! Had to take a 2k pay cut to get back into work straight away but it'll pay the mortgage for a while until I find something better.

Being a Newcastle fan you expect a bit of a rollercoaster ride but it's getting silly (for all of us) in the past few weeks now.

Shite few days there mate but congratulations on the new job

Hurray for the working people. I went almost 6 months without a job, in which my persistency landed me around a dozen job interviews, after which I finally landed the one I'm in right now.

Do you want my life story as well, Thomas? I also got circumcised last year.