Mike Ashley confirms he wants to sell NUFC - see OP for full statement

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest LucaAltieri

As it happens, I got made redundant on Monday gone. But rather than sit at home and watch Jeremy Kyle in my boxer shorts (Or worse still, going up to St James' Park dressed in a tracksuit, cap and eating a Greggs pastie), I've spent the week looking for new work and start my new job tomorrow. 6 days unemployed, I guess there's jobs out there if you look hard enough.

Anyway, I digress, but only because of your use of the word "prick". But I don't think the use of the word "Mongs" is unfair, given that the people that have been spending their days camped outside St James' Park trying to get their ill-judged and ill-formed grunts onto Sky Sports would probably fail to reach an IQ of 100 if they all clubbed together.

Shite few days there mate but congratulations on the new job

Hurray for the working people. I went almost 6 months without a job, in which my persistency landed me around a dozen job interviews, after which I finally landed the one I'm in right now.

Do you want my life story as well, Thomas? I also got circumcised last year.

Photos or it didn't happen.

[/GeJon]

As it happens, I got made redundant on Monday gone. But rather than sit at home and watch Jeremy Kyle in my boxer shorts (Or worse still, going up to St James' Park dressed in a tracksuit, cap and eating a Greggs pastie), I've spent the week looking for new work and start my new job tomorrow. 6 days unemployed, I guess there's jobs out there if you look hard enough.

Anyway, I digress, but only because of your use of the word "prick". But I don't think the use of the word "Mongs" is unfair, given that the people that have been spending their days camped outside St James' Park trying to get their ill-judged and ill-formed grunts onto Sky Sports would probably fail to reach an IQ of 100 if they all clubbed together.

Shite few days there mate but congratulations on the new job

Hurray for the working people. I went almost 6 months without a job, in which my persistency landed me around a dozen job interviews, after which I finally landed the one I'm in right now.

Do you want my life story as well, Thomas? I also got circumcised last year.

Photos or it didn't happen.

[/GeJon]

Not so easy. You have to take me out to dinner first.

I thought he said he WAS approached by two separate consortiums (consortia?) before he sold to the third (Ashley)? ???

The way I heard it is that these were very recent events

Fucking hell. Our ex Chairmans communication with the fans is shite !

I was at the protest, I was shouting sack the board and chanting because that is the only way I could communicate to the football club how I felt about the situation... I don't consider myself to be a "mong", and I dont think alot of the people there were "mongs" either.  Obviously everywhere you go in life, not just at football, you do get the "mong" element, but to class everyone who has protested as "Mongs" is slightly narrow minded in my opinion.

I'm not sure I can understand any protest when nobody has a clue what's gone on at the club so has no real idea about if their protest is justified or not.

The only protest I could understand is one about the lack of communication from the club. Now THAT would have got my support. Anything else has just reinforced the nation's opinions of us as a bunch of moronic, jobless (And I say that as all the protests bar Saturday were on weekdays) charvers.

I thought he said he WAS approached by two separate consortiums (consortia?) before he sold to the third (Ashley)? ???

;D

:lol:

If he comes back, will he be bringing his Luque super scouts and negotiating team with him?

Communication was the main issue here. And people's (mongs') inability to think and the expert ability to eat up whatever they're told by the media.

To this day there has been no confirmation about the following stories:

A) Wise and his evil masterplan and domineering presence

B) Keegan's superstar wishlist which included Maradona

C) KK didn't want to sell Milner but was forced to face the media and take the blame.

D) The long list of exodus Llambias framed, notarised, and handed to KK which prompted him to punch Llambias in the face and walk out.

E) KK's bust-up (physical or purely oratory) with the 'board members.'

F) Xisco & Gonzales being 'nobodies' in KK's mind.

The list continues. The only statements from the club and Keegan have been extremely diplomatic, guarded and without blame for anyone but the veiled circumstances which nobody knows anything about.

Yet it took the assholes about half a day to start protesting and chanting 'Sack the Board' at the top of their voices. Unemployed, Army-joining, clueless f***s.

Can we please, for the sake of sanity, wait to judge all parties when some semblance of truth comes to light?

Sadly, all Ashley had to do was descend down the steps of St. James' or go on Sky and open a dialogue with the fans. Or even release a statement of what has gone on behind the scenes. The fans, majority of them, would have been placated and the sane ones would've been happy to give him as much time he needs to sort things out, with or without Keegan.

Rationality has been lacking from everyone in this matter, KK, the club and, especially, the fans.

:clap:

Probably the best post I've read on this forum in my entire time here.

Though before you get a big head, bear in mind the standard of the competition. ;)

He may he some decent points, but he ends up looking like a complete f***ing cock with his snobbish use of 'mongs'.  

Could you also tell me what being unemployed has to do with it?

Do you not realise the history of the area? Are all the decent, hard working people made unemployed going to be tarred with the same brush?

Hopefully it'll never happen to you. Prick.

On another point, maybe it's time for the media to stop believing what the media write.

Not sure if that's aimed at me or DJ, but I'll answer it anyway.

No, it's not aimed at you mate.

Congratulations by the way.

Communication was the main issue here. And people's (mongs') inability to think and the expert ability to eat up whatever they're told by the media.

C) KK didn't want to sell Milner but was forced to face the media and take the blame.

D) The long list of exodus Llambias framed, notarised, and handed to KK which prompted him to punch Llambias in the face and walk out.

The list continues. The only statements from the club and Keegan have been extremely diplomatic, guarded and without blame for anyone but the veiled circumstances which nobody knows anything about.

Yet it took the assholes about half a day to start protesting and chanting 'Sack the Board' at the top of their voices. Unemployed, Army-joining, clueless f***s.

Can we please, for the sake of sanity, wait to judge all parties when some semblance of truth comes to light?

Sadly, all Ashley had to do was descend down the steps of St. James' or go on Sky and open a dialogue with the fans. Or even release a statement of what has gone on behind the scenes. The fans, majority of them, would have been placated and the sane ones would've been happy to give him as much time he needs to sort things out, with or without Keegan.

Rationality has been lacking from everyone in this matter, KK, the club and, especially, the fans.

Though before you get a big head, bear in mind the standard of the competition. ;)

He may he some decent points, but he ends up looking like a complete f***ing cock with his snobbish use of 'mongs'.  

Do you not realise the history of the area? Are all the decent, hard working people made unemployed going to be tarred with the same brush?

On another point, maybe it's time for the media to stop believing what the media write.

Oh my Lord.

Okay, since this board is uber PC now, along with going on record denying that I look down upon the good men and women who serve their national forces, I now append to that same record that I do not think lowly about the 'people of the area.'

It made me feel better to describe the pitchfork brigade thus just as you feel better by calling me a prick.

I, Sir, have been unemployed before. If anything, I have more in common with these common people of whom you speak than with almost anyone on this board.

In the heat of the moment though, and when you see them on telly, you can't help but vomit such a vitriol at them.

Sorry, but after what you postwed, I find that very difficult to believe.

Oh my Lord.

Okay, since this board is uber PC now, along with going on record denying that I look down upon the good men and women who serve their national forces, I now append to that same record that I do not think lowly about the 'people of the area.'

It made me feel better to describe the pitchfork brigade thus just as you feel better by calling me a prick.

I, Sir, have been unemployed before. If anything, I have more in common with these common people of whom you speak than with almost anyone on this board.

In the heat of the moment though, and when you see them on telly, you can't help but vomit such a vitriol at them.

Sorry, but after what you postwed, I find that very difficult to believe.

I could care less what you believe. You can keep calling me a prick, though. I'm pretty forgiving ;).

Mixed emotions but the main one is sadness. Not for the fact that Ashley has decided to put us up for sale more for the loss of potential and optimism his arrival heralded. I have real issues with the character assassination going on and personally feel that the blokes heart was in the right place if not his head. He came in with best intentions but allowed himself to be influenced by those with their own agenda. As a club we're in limbo now and we desperately need a buyer to come in with the right ideal's and idea's for Newcastle United but in my opinion that may prove difficult due to the scene's of "fan power" witnessed over the weekend. I think that could cause us problems as regards a buyer. No buyer wants to deal with a potential "awkward squad" if things go wrong.

There is also another issue. Ashley could sell us to the "wrong" kind of buyer if he decides he fancies some revenge. This saga could take a real turn for the worst.

It's the hope that kills you everytime.

Guest CarlaNUFC

Sheppard would be horrific.

At least Ashley has sown he listens to fans. try having Romanov, we've been telling him to fuck off for 3 years.

i'm sure KK will re-release Head Over Heels in Love, just in time for xmas to cheer us all up :snod:

Guest optimistic nit

Coward.

Just fuck off man. Its what you wanted, you've got it, now just be happy you've got what you wanted and stop attacking the man at every fucking opportunity.

aye. i've been very critical recently of ashley, most of it i'd like to think deserved, but its sad to see it end like this. the thing is, if he'd have come out and said this a week ago, i'd have spent the week prasing him. all of my doubts concerning ashley were there because of a lack of comunication by the club. i agree with every single word of his statement, its much better than that piece of shit served up by the club on the 6th, and i hope he continues to support the club.

unfortunately those sympathising with ashley have had NO ammunition other than hear say and theories and opinions if we'd have liked to defending. here's all the amunition we need, but the debates over.

Guest optimistic nit

He has branded us as thugs

Cant take his kids to games for fear of being assaulted. What a wank thing to say

but its fucking true :lol:

Feel like weve been lead up the garden path by Ashley, and while much of his statement i have a feeling of agreement with, i still believe it to be a sorrow story to try and get a few fans back on his side.

Sorry Mike, but if you thought last year that you would only spend £20m a season on the team, why didnt you come out and say it? Also why dont u mention your cockney mates who still have jobs in our shambles of a club?

The quicker you sell the better.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Cant take his kids to games for fear of being assaulted. What a w*** thing to say

but its f***ing true :lol:

Fortune teller are you?

Cant take his kids to games for fear of being assaulted. What a w*** thing to say

but its f***ing true :lol:

Fortune teller are you?

It is very foreseeable though with some of the radgies we have supporting us.

Feel like weve been lead up the garden path by Ashley, and while much of his statement i have a feeling of agreement with, i still believe it to be a sorrow story to try and get a few fans back on his side.

Sorry Mike, but if you thought last year that you would only spend £20m a season on the team, why didnt you come out and say it? Also why dont u mention your cockney mates who still have jobs in our shambles of a club?

The quicker you sell the better.

And what happens if he sells to someone who isn't prepared to put any of their own money into the club?