Mike Ashley confirms he wants to sell NUFC - see OP for full statement

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest optimistic nit

i got this from the sun, but i doubt they'd lie about facts.

:lol:

:lol: i phrased that wrong, but you see what i mean, it'd be a pretty pointless lie to just make transfer fees for no reason :lol:

Brummie, what about my postt on page 24, is that an acurate representation or not?

I think the figures look a bit on the low side, but summer 2007 (which was Lerner's first summer window in charge, it has been two years, he took over just after the 2006 summer window closed), there was hell on amongst our lot as we'd been outspent by Fulham.

It has really only been this summer we've splashed the cash again.

Although, general consensus is that the reason we didn't spend big before that was because the manager didn't want to, and Lerner wouldn't let anyone make transfer decisions other than MON.

Which brings us back round to Ashley and KK's situation.

I don't care how rich the owner is. So long as he spends THE CLUBS money and we can afford to buy a left back without selling half the squad to pay for it.

We look for young players, for players in foreign leagues who everyone does not know about. We try and stay ahead of the competition. We search high and low looking for value, for potential that we can bring on and for players who will allow Newcastle to compete at the very highest level but who don't cost the earth.

Many of us have been asking for this sort of system for a long time now.(including HTT).  If KK didn't think this was a great idea...then he truley is yeasterday's man. I'm not that bothered that he's gone now.

Sorry, but Keegan dosen't have my sympathy. I blame him for this mess too.

We look for young players, for players in foreign leagues who everyone does not know about. We try and stay ahead of the competition. We search high and low looking for value, for potential that we can bring on and for players who will allow Newcastle to compete at the very highest level but who don't cost the earth.

Many of us have been asking for this sort of system for a long time now.(including HTT).  If KK didn't think this was a great idea...then he truley is yeasterday's man. I'm not that bothered that he's gone now.

Whether you agree with Ashley vision or not, I find it very hard to understand how anyone can agree with a manager being undermimed.

thats the point. nobody knows if he was. the club official statement said keegan knew his remit......he hasn't responded on that bit.

Whether you agree with Ashley vision or not, I find it very hard to understand how anyone can agree with a manager being undermimed.

I blame both parties for the mess. One has left and the other wants to leave.  Seems to me like it's the best solution for the club.

It's time Keegan stopped thinking about his pay off and the legalities of it for a few minutes and make a statement to the fans who are supporting him.

His walking started this mess, he has seen the reaction and support he's received, he should let us know what he thinks.

It's time Keegan stopped thinking about his pay off and the legalities of it for a few minutes and make a statement to the fans who are supporting him.

His walking started this mess, he has seen the reaction and support he's received, he should let us know what he thinks.

good shout

Kevin needs to speak now although I suspect he is using the same PR company as Newcastle United FC.

Guest Singapore Mag

Its an embarasment that Ashley thinks he would be assaulted.. what does that say about NUFC fans?!

Unfortunately, we do have mongs among us, thus he is correct.

This has all gone too far. I never wanted Ashley out, just some form of agreement with KK.

We all knew he financially backed the club behind the scenes.

I am quite ashamed that its come to this.

good shout

No. What started it was what ever happened made him walk.

I am not defending Kevin but please dont paint it as if Kevin walked away from the club because he just fancied doing something else that day.

Did you not see how violent they were with the Police.

The same police who praised them for carrying out very peaceful protests (see BBC).

I am sure if there had been even 1 arrest, the media would have been quick to tell us about it.

Guest optimistic nit

Did you not see how violent they were with the Police.

The same police who praised them for carrying out very peaceful protests (see BBC).

I am sure if there had been even 1 arrest, the media would have been quick to tell us about it.

wern't there 14 arrests? i'm sure i saw it somewhere.

Its an embarasment that Ashley thinks he would be assaulted.. what does that say about NUFC fans?

I am embarrassed for Ahsley on this he was meant have hired SAS & Gurkhas to protect him, when reality is all he had to do was a have few drinks in the bar after the game & when he comes out nee fucker is there. Gordon Mckeag had radgies in the 80's wanting to batter him but as far I recall he never got touched. The battler from Byker had an SOS campaign after him, sack board mob going to do him & the Toongate crew after, he  never got touched. Northumbria Police the force that spent thousands on anti-knife crime bumf while at the same time saying they don't have problem with knife crime in the area!!!

He already has on several occasions, via his agent.

First time saying that he would be in meetings to try to sort out the issues.

Second time citing the reasons for his resignation.

Third time saying that more talks had been unsuccessful.

What would you want him to say? He's already stated how sorry he was to have to come to this decision but he felt he was left with no choice.

No we need the REAL Keegan, the passionate intelligent Keegan to tell us what he thinks. Not carefully worded legal statements delivered via a 3rd party.

Can't believe he thought him and his family would be assaulted, there's no way that would have happened.

I would have thought it highly unlikely too but you never know, it only takes one idiot.

if nothing else, he wouldnt want his kids to see their father getting verbally abused by people. Thats not on but you know it would have been pretty bad.

How the hell did this happen. This man was sitting at Old Trafford jumping up and down at an Oba goal a few weeks ago  :weep: