Mike Ashley confirms he wants to sell NUFC - see OP for full statement

Guest sicko2ndbest

He has only made one mistake.  Appointing Kevin Keegan NOT dismissing him.  I love KK but he clearly wasn't going to work in the existing system and by appointing him Ashley opened a can of worms that he simply didn't understand.  I like the system, one of our issues in recent years is that with every new manager coming in we've had to start our scouting network again, this system gives us something for any new manager to build on.

Communication was the main issue here. And people's (mongs') inability to think and the expert ability to eat up whatever they're told by the media.

To this day there has been no confirmation about the following stories:

A) Wise and his evil masterplan and domineering presence

B) Keegan's superstar wishlist which included Maradona

C) KK didn't want to sell Milner but was forced to face the media and take the blame.

D) The long list of exodus Llambias framed, notarised, and handed to KK which prompted him to punch Llambias in the face and walk out.

E) KK's bust-up (physical or purely oratory) with the 'board members.'

F) Xisco & Gonzales being 'nobodies' in KK's mind.

The list continues. The only statements from the club and Keegan have been extremely diplomatic, guarded and without blame for anyone but the veiled circumstances which nobody knows anything about.

Yet it took the assholes about half a day to start protesting and chanting 'Sack the Board' at the top of their voices. Unemployed, Army-joining, clueless f***s.

Can we please, for the sake of sanity, wait to judge all parties when some semblance of truth comes to light?

Sadly, all Ashley had to do was descend down the steps of St. James' or go on Sky and open a dialogue with the fans. Or even release a statement of what has gone on behind the scenes. The fans, majority of them, would have been placated and the sane ones would've been happy to give him as much time he needs to sort things out, with or without Keegan.

Rationality has been lacking from everyone in this matter, KK, the club and, especially, the fans.

:clap:

Probably the best post I've read on this forum in my entire time here.

Though before you get a big head, bear in mind the standard of the competition. ;)

What I don't like is that the statement makes us look like we want him out because we weren't spending £65 cajillion on Robinho whereas we actually want the board out because of the way they have structured the club and also the treatment of Keegan, making us an absolute shambles of a club in the eyes of everyone.

Que the critics coming in blaming the fans for high expectations as they always do whilst I think it's fair to say most of us were fine not spending so much as long as we strengthened the areas we badly needed to, and also got results on the pitch, which we also seemed to be getting under KK.

Difference of opinion

There's a lot of common sense and logic in what Ashley says, but there's a huge gap where the hoped-for clarification of the issues that forced Keegan to walk should be and the whole Wise situation is ignored.

One section stands out for us though:

The fans want this process to happen more quickly and they want huge amounts spent in the transfer market so that the club can compete at the top table of European football now.

Is that really true? It does attempt to perpetuate the line given to the press last week by an un-named club official about Keegan throwing his toys out of the pram when being denied funds for Thierry Henry etc.

But clawing back £12m for an England U21 midfielder and replacing him with a borrowed Uruguayan seems to be going to the opposite extreme to the megastars.

Quite simply, anyone who watched this team last season could not have failed to spot that it was weak in certain areas, both in terms of quality and head count.

As a self-proclaimed football fan of long-standing, Ashley would surely have picked that up for himself - even before speaking to the fans or the team of employees he brought in headed by Dennis Wise.

So the process that most expected in the last close season was to try and move on the players who had been nothing but a financial burden to the club, while also replacing them with halfway decent assets at a halfway decent price. 

The youth recruitment efforts were welcomed by those who had an interest in it and certainly pre-injury, the Hungarian defender Tamas Kadar had shown genuine potential - even if a few of others looked less promising.

But parallel with that, there had to have been a sensible recruitment programme to improve the both quality and quantity of players available to the manager now.

Not necessarily megastars, but by the same token not unattached teens with colourful histories who play one game for the academy and then get on the first team bench. Oh, and not all from Spanish clubs....

When the transfer window closed, our net spend was less than various other Premier League clubs this season, clubs with a smaller fanbase, less season ticket holders, cheaper tickets, cheaper corporate sections, smaller corporate sections etc. etc.

Most people believed that Kevin Keegan's "million miles away" statement last season was right - but they also believed him when he talked about improving the club's league placing.

We would contend that most people didn't believe that the only way to do that was spending "huge amounts".

The one charge that is continually levelled at Newcastle fans by lazy outsiders is that they have unrealistic expectations and no patience.

Unfortunately the owner seems to have fallen for this line, ignoring the evidence of his eyes that Newcastle fans will shell out the price on the ticket if they believe they are seeing a team worth watching and moving forward - and not being led up the garden path.

Guest LucaAltieri

Yet it took the assholes about half a day to start protesting and chanting 'Sack the Board' at the top of their voices. Unemployed, Army-joining, clueless fucks.

See your own first point. You know this how? You saw the news and made your opinion. Hypocrite.

Errrr, far be it for me to comment on behalf of DJ_NUFC (but I'm going to anyway).

You do realise that there is a minor difference between:

a) Turning up with torches and pitch forks based on hearsay.

and

b) Calling people idiots because they can be clearly seen to be behaving like idiots on national TV.

There is so little to be proud about when it comes to this club.  :undecided:

I don't know who to believe - and neither do any of you - but if Ashley is actually as passionate about the club as the post makes him seem, then he needs to look at changing the administration of the club.  His appointments need to reflect his passion.  Why does it take this total meltdown - these two weeks of embarassment and farce - in order for a personal statement from someone in charge?

Where are his APPOINTMENTS?  Where are they, what do they do?  I have no doubt that he has poured his own money into the club, but the Gestapo & the KGB had better PR & media relations.  Take charge....communicate, manage, lead. 

Just a quick question:

Are those of you that are saying "the communication wasn't good enough" the same lot who thought it was great when we were telling the media fuck all RE: transfers?

What exactly in their track record made anyone think that 1) they'd release a statement about the situation 2) that the media (who we all hate) would report whats going on accurately without causing trouble?

We announced the signing of Coloccini by having his name printed on the back of Ashley's shirt, for fuck's sake.

Reasons for not talking to the media about transfers : fear of other clubs scuppering the deal, minimising the papers releasing incorrect rumour about potential salary requests, transfer fees.

Reasons for talking to the fans : allowing them an insight into THEIR club and to what is happening at a time of great chaos

The 2 forms of communications are totally different. They got one right (silence on the transfers), they got the other horribly wrong.

Just a quick question:

Are those of you that are saying "the communication wasn't good enough" the same lot who thought it was great when we were telling the media f*** all RE: transfers?

What exactly in their track record made anyone think that 1) they'd release a statement about the situation 2) that the media (who we all hate) would report whats going on accurately without causing trouble?

We announced the signing of Coloccini by having his name printed on the back of Ashley's shirt, for f***'s sake.

Reasons for not talking to the media about transfers : fear of other clubs scuppering the deal, minimising the papers releasing incorrect rumour about potential salary requests, transfer fees.

Reasons for talking to the fans : allowing them an insight into THEIR club and to what is happening at a time of great chaos

The 2 forms of communications are totally different. They got one right (silence on the transfers), they got the other horribly wrong.

wouldn't they just be accused of spinning their side of the story ?.

Just a quick question:

Are those of you that are saying "the communication wasn't good enough" the same lot who thought it was great when we were telling the media f*** all RE: transfers?

We announced the signing of Coloccini by having his name printed on the back of Ashley's shirt, for f***'s sake.

Spin is good.  Spin is what multi million pound businesses dependent on their fanbase should be doing.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with spin.

Communication was the main issue here. And people's (mongs') inability to think and the expert ability to eat up whatever they're told by the media.

To this day there has been no confirmation about the following stories:

A) Wise and his evil masterplan and domineering presence

B) Keegan's superstar wishlist which included Maradona

C) KK didn't want to sell Milner but was forced to face the media and take the blame.

D) The long list of exodus Llambias framed, notarised, and handed to KK which prompted him to punch Llambias in the face and walk out.

E) KK's bust-up (physical or purely oratory) with the 'board members.'

F) Xisco & Gonzales being 'nobodies' in KK's mind.

The list continues. The only statements from the club and Keegan have been extremely diplomatic, guarded and without blame for anyone but the veiled circumstances which nobody knows anything about.

Yet it took the assholes about half a day to start protesting and chanting 'Sack the Board' at the top of their voices. Unemployed, Army-joining, clueless f***s.

Can we please, for the sake of sanity, wait to judge all parties when some semblance of truth comes to light?

Sadly, all Ashley had to do was descend down the steps of St. James' or go on Sky and open a dialogue with the fans. Or even release a statement of what has gone on behind the scenes. The fans, majority of them, would have been placated and the sane ones would've been happy to give him as much time he needs to sort things out, with or without Keegan.

Rationality has been lacking from everyone in this matter, KK, the club and, especially, the fans.

:clap:

Probably the best post I've read on this forum in my entire time here.

Though before you get a big head, bear in mind the standard of the competition. ;)

He may he some decent points, but he ends up looking like a complete fucking cock with his snobbish use of 'mongs'.  

Could you also tell me what being unemployed has to do with it?

Do you not realise the history of the area? Are all the decent, hard working people made unemployed going to be tarred with the same brush?

Hopefully it'll never happen to you. Prick.

On another point, maybe it's time for the media to stop believing what the media write.

But you and others continue to call fans with differing opinions to you..."mongs". You lot here have created a word to describe your own in a derogatory way simply because you yourselves are lost and are void of info. Yet rather than cry out for that info you decide to rip into those who have emotions and love this club as much as you do. Shame on all of you. Saying they have the inability to think because they took the fact there was no communication from the club and acted angrily is completely unfair. So they were meant to do nothing due to the vacuum of info from the people managing their club?  

Yet it took the assholes about half a day to start protesting and chanting 'Sack the Board' at the top of their voices. Unemployed, Army-joining, clueless fucks.

See your own first point. You know this how? You saw the news and made your opinion. Hypocrite.

You have made your point in black and white so it is completely fair to make a direct assumption of you using YOUR words. Complete and utter scumbag. Snobbery at it's best and a bigot. So guys in the army are assholes, clueless etc?

Once again, as it's clear it won't sink in, you are a bigot. And none of this irony crap please...I made this assumption from your actual words written here. Those who don't seem to have the same cultural background to you or have a career that you see as not fit, are then branded as assholes. Shame on you. There's a lot of clever people in the army smart arse and unemployed people aren't automatically clueless fucks.

Indeed. But try this yourself too before making ignorant comments. Or are you above everyone else? Seems by your comments you think you are.

Agreed. But the fans irrationality has been fuel by the club's...not the other way around.

Maybe you're angry too and maybe you chose your words badly due to the anger or emotion. But will others show you compassion were you clearly can't show them?

Whilst I do agree I'm above everyone else, I'll stick to your questions.

I definitely am a victim of the moment, the moment which has now lasted, what, a fortnight? The same moment which sparked the raw emotion, anger, confusion and sheer fear of destabilising our club even more than we've already seen over the past few years.

What I mean to say is that the last thing we needed was for everyone to jump to conclusions and calling for people heads and blaming people on national TV with the same amount of facts that we all have had to work with. What is wrong with protesting for answers? What is wrong with demanding an audience from the owners? Surely skipping that whole tedious process of asking for answers and instead asking to get rid of the problem altogether (who saw this as a solution?) by calling for the whole 'cockney mafia' needs to be addressed as a shortsighted, ridiculously reactionary and uninformed thing to do.

We're all in the same boat here, as you said. And sadly we can't control the actions of a minority, but when that minority has the voice and stature of a supposed collective majority then we have to speak up and say 'no, that's not me and does not represent how I feel.'

THAT gives us the right to condemn and question the motives of the protest. Not to question if they had a right to protest or not. Hell, if I had been in Newcastle I'd have been with them, but probably doing the whole peaceful "where art thou" act rather than 'sack the board.'

But of course, in hindsight it's forgivable as it's the moment that has driven us all batshit. It's with the same intensity with which I penned the first post, where I insulted noble Army-men (surely you didn't take that seriously?) and, admittedly, acted like a general snob. Apologies if I caused any lasting offence.

Although, I have to say, nothing wrong with being a snob. :)

Just a quick question:

If they had done it early enough, it would give them a chance to get a greater percentage of the fans on their side. There are a fair few on here see KK as the main reason for the upheaval; the club could had had even greater support by opening up a bit more.

They could have given a lot more fans a chance to question Kevins actions.

But you and others continue to call fans with differing opinions to you..."mongs". You lot here have created a word to describe your own in a derogatory way simply because you yourselves are lost and are void of info. Yet rather than cry out for that info you decide to rip into those who have emotions and love this club as much as you do. Shame on all of you. Saying they have the inability to think because they took the fact there was no communication from the club and acted angrily is completely unfair. So they were meant to do nothing due to the vacuum of info from the people managing their club?  

You have made your point in black and white so it is completely fair to make a direct assumption of you using YOUR words. Complete and utter scumbag. Snobbery at it's best and a bigot. So guys in the army are assholes, clueless etc?

Once again, as it's clear it won't sink in, you are a bigot. And none of this irony crap please...I made this assumption from your actual words written here. Those who don't seem to have the same cultural background to you or have a career that you see as not fit, are then branded as assholes. Shame on you. There's a lot of clever people in the army smart arse and unemployed people aren't automatically clueless fucks.

Indeed. But try this yourself too before making ignorant comments. Or are you above everyone else? Seems by your comments you think you are.

Agreed. But the fans irrationality has been fuel by the club's...not the other way around.

Maybe you're angry too and maybe you chose your words badly due to the anger or emotion. But will others show you compassion were you clearly can't show them?

Whilst I do agree I'm above everyone else, I'll stick to your questions.

I definitely am a victim of the moment, the moment which has now lasted, what, a fortnight? The same moment which sparked the raw emotion, anger, confusion and sheer fear of destabilising our club even more than we've already seen over the past few years.

What I mean to say is that the last thing we needed was for everyone to jump to conclusions and calling for people heads and blaming people on national TV with the same amount of facts that we all have had to work with. What is wrong with protesting for answers? What is wrong with demanding an audience from the owners? Surely skipping that whole tedious process of asking for answers and instead asking to get rid of the problem altogether (who saw this as a solution?) by calling for the whole 'cockney mafia' needs to be addressed as a shortsighted, ridiculously reactionary and uninformed thing to do.

We're all in the same boat here, as you said. And sadly we can't control the actions of a minority, but when that minority has the voice and stature of a supposed collective majority then we have to speak up and say 'no, that's not me and does not represent how I feel.'

THAT gives us the right to condemn and question the motives of the protest. Not to question if they had a right to protest or not. Hell, if I had been in Newcastle I'd have been with them, but probably doing the whole peaceful "where art thou" act rather than 'sack the board.'

But of course, in hindsight it's forgivable as it's the moment that has driven us all batshit. It's with the same intensity with which I penned the first post, where I insulted noble Army-men (surely you didn't take that seriously?) and, admittedly, acted like a general snob. Apologies if I caused any lasting offence.

Although, I have to say, nothing wrong with being a snob. :)

Difference of opinion

But clawing back £12m for an England U21 midfielder and replacing him with a borrowed Uruguayan seems to be going to the opposite extreme to the megastars.

Still don't get this Milner fascination with them, the lads who thought dumping Bramble was a bad idea.

What about replacing Roz with Colocinni?  Or does that not fit with their point of view?

Does nobody else find it strange how easily he's giving in btw?

The so-called 'brainless mongs' are getting a lot of stick for this, but I doubt he became a hugely successful businessman with over a billion pounds to his name without pissing a good few people off. Why the reluctance to prove them wrong now? Is he really so susceptable to a few poorly knocked-up banners and a bit of chanting from a load of 'unemployed, Army-joining, clueless fucks' at one game? Seems a bit sensitive for the highly emotive business that is top-flight football.

Reading it back, his plan seems well structured terrific and exactly why I refused to chant for him to leave, can't you idiots (Those protesting) see hes trying to build us up to a big club, Arsenal didnt happen over night, Rome wasn't built in a day, look forward not in front.

I just thought it highlighted the stupidity of people shouting "Sack The Board".

I fail to see what sitting outside the ground chanting about Keegan and gettin Wise out (Who's done nothing wrong imo) when like its been said we don't know the 100% truth, I blame both but to sit and cause trouble and hold Keegan as an infallable leader that would never put himself first is moronic and just makes us look more like stereotypes to the southern press.

Why don't we keep our fanatical element for inside the ground for the players and treat the situation with the dignity its lacked?

The so-called 'brainless mongs' are getting a lot of stick for this, but I doubt he became a hugely successful businessman with over a billion pounds to his name without pissing a good few people off. Why the reluctance to prove them wrong now? Is he really so susceptable to a few poorly knocked-up banners and a bit of chanting from a load of 'unemployed, Army-joining, clueless fucks' at one game? Seems a bit sensitive for the highly emotive business that is top-flight football.

Sadly there's been no other outcome likely since yesterday.

The longer it goes the value of the business (he can sell at) drops.

The so-called 'brainless mongs' are getting a lot of stick for this, but I doubt he became a hugely successful businessman with over a billion pounds to his name without pissing a good few people off. Why the reluctance to prove them wrong now? Is he really so susceptable to a few poorly knocked-up banners and a bit of chanting from a load of 'unemployed, Army-joining, clueless f***s' at one game? Seems a bit sensitive for the highly emotive business that is top-flight football.

Because of the risk, he has no one to "prove wrong" hes a billionaire.

The so-called 'brainless mongs' are getting a lot of stick for this, but I doubt he became a hugely successful businessman with over a billion pounds to his name without pissing a good few people off. Why the reluctance to prove them wrong now? Is he really so susceptable to a few poorly knocked-up banners and a bit of chanting from a load of 'unemployed, Army-joining, clueless f***s' at one game? Seems a bit sensitive for the highly emotive business that is top-flight football.

Was just thinking about that.

Yesterday suited hm down to the ground. Issue a statement to get some sympathy and a free advertisement for the club.

I missed that the first time. :D

Can I categorially go on record and say that I do not believe all people who work for their national forces are idiots?

That did make me laugh, though.

Guest LucaAltieri

But this wasn't business... this was supposed to be pleasure.

He should have really thought it through before buying us out.

When you fail to communicate with the media or the public, and then you sack a very popular, successful manager legend (who may or may not be at fault, we don't know) then you should anticipate and expect a riot.  Ashley may have a very sound long term business plan for the club, but he is not blameless.  He set himself up for this disaster through failing to communicate.