Mike Ashley confirms he wants to sell NUFC - see OP for full statement

Guest sicko2ndbest

There is no definitive right or wrong way to run a football club, least of all this football club.

Exactly, so we should have let him run the club his way especially given that he put up the money. Sure the fans has a say, but this is not a democracy where we can decide who we want as manager, who we want sacked, which player to buy and sell.

If you want that much power, then go buy a club with your cash. If you don't have the money, then go play out your fantasies on Yahoo or Nokia Football Manager. Otherwise just let the owner make the decisions.

There is no definitive right or wrong way to run a football club, least of all this football club.

Exactly, so we should have let him run the club his way especially given that he put up the money. Sure the fans has a say, but this is not a democracy where we can decide who we want as manager, who we want sacked, which player to buy and sell.

If you want that much power, then go buy a club with your cash. If you don't have the money, then go play out your fantasies on Yahoo or Nokia Football Manager. Otherwise just let the owner make the decisions.

precedent set?

any owner we now get who doesn't (a) appoint a club legend as manager and do exactly what legend wants (b) spend a shitload of his own money on new players & © appoint a managerial structure the general population of tyneside agrees with then we just dust off the banners, send a few threats and hey presto!

another destabilising change of ownership...!

we're truly the lucky ones

For once I thought Newcastle were going in the right direction with Ashley as our owner, I was hoping for a steady ship slowly but surely we have waited over 50 years for some silverware, I thought what's another 5 years to wait, no big deal!. Now these "mindless yobs" yes I mean "mindless yobs"! have got their way, thinking some very rich Indian is going to come and buy us and give us millions of pounds with out wanting anything back then your very naive because he'll be just like Abromavich with Chelsea, 690 million in debt, lot of that is paying back the Russian with interest. Surely you can't want that over Ashleys way.

For once I thought Newcastle were going in the right direction with Ashley as our owner, I was hoping for a steady ship slowly but surely we have waited over 50 years for some silverware, I thought what's another 5 years to wait, no big deal!. Now these "mindless yobs" yes I mean "mindless yobs"! have got their way, thinking some very rich Indian is going to come and buy us and give us millions of pounds with out wanting anything back then your very naive because he'll be just like Abromavich with Chelsea, 690 million in debt, lot of that is paying back the Russian with interest. Surely you can't want that over Ashleys way.

nail on head garth - as Tron (i think) said the actions of some people (Mag & True Faith) appear to not have been thought through a great deal

and i'll make the point again that NE5 used when shepherd was in charge - be careful what you wish for 'cause we could get someone much, much worse than ashley taking over

nail on head garth - as Tron (i think) said the actions of some people (Mag & True Faith) appear to not have been thought through a great deal

and i'll make the point again that NE5 used when shepherd was in charge - be careful what you wish for 'cause we could get someone much, much worse than ashley taking over

some naive thinking about business here... if the news investor going to gives us millions of pound he had already a plan to make it come back.. yes that sure.

abramovics has great vision. maybe today he has debt 690 million but i think he'll over come it just by next 10 years. and would it be great business if the next 10 years chelsea already worth 690 million and adding again for next decades?

making money from a football club not simply by high ticket price 2x 3x 4x or ridiculous multiply... because it will be daft move for businessmen... because fans will not go to the stadium. But the best way is generating much more fans which mean more on quantity term. by making it a global market trade mark. do you know how many korean wearing chelshit shirt nowadays? they are are already on different level of popularity than before abramovic came. even TV revenue by each year always rishing. by no time Ashley will gain his 250 million u know. SJP has 50,000 capacity. so how can portsmouth that only have less than 20,000 capacity seems more richer than us.

Why is everyone bitching here, Ashley made a dogs dinner of things, and Keegan is bigger than Ashley, because like Shearer he has history and is one of us in heart, so that makes him bigger than Ashley in my eyes and a lot of other people and I'm in my forties and protested along with some mates of similar age, far from being kids. I been going for over 35 years and I think Ashley and Co don't fit what our club needs.

One last thing Ashley was prepared to put £20m a year thats not enough and as he said he couldn't afford more, no problem but we need someone who will put the money in and at the same time turn the club in to a profit making business, because success off the field brings in revenue from cups and higher league positions plus that gets you a higher profile which makes your position in negotiating sponsors stronger so getting first class sponsorship deals.

The first impression I got from your word is --- increase season ticket's price by at least 40%.

FFS.

The tail wagged the dog last saturday, regardless of who you believed 'lied' once you have 'fan-power' deciding things then the only path from there is a downward spiral.

What happens when the next owner doesn't bring KK back............another march, banners and protest for another?

I am really and seriously worried about the club now.

The tail wagged the dog last saturday, regardless of who you believed 'lied' once you have 'fan-power' deciding things then the only path from there is a downward spiral.

What happens when the next owner doesn't bring KK back............another march, banners and protest for another?

yop...unless we get someone who does what "the majority" wants the kick offs will start presumably

not a snowballs chance in hell of us being run like a professional football club in the near future is there?

not a snowballs chance in hell of us being run like a professional football club in the near future is there?

not under the current regime no. If the new owner appoints a good manager and gives him a transfer budget then there's no reason why not. Progress is all I want to see.

not KK the problem is.... we have concern is this new setup... appointing wise was pointless.... sack wise appoint another good manager ... we'll happy with..

KK in and out is next owner choice... if it still want DoF position... pls try to find someone who can communicate to the manager.... It is a fact that Wise is never should be appointed as DoF.

not under the current regime no. If the new owner appoints a good manager and gives him a transfer budget then there's no reason why not. Progress is all I want to see.

what if the imaginary new owner decides to keep dennis wise and his team?  or bring in someone else people don't like to do the same job?

you're basically just saying as long as the owner of the club does what the fans think is best then everything is cool

bear in mind progress is not always something you can see

not KK the problem is.... we have concern is this new setup... appointing wise was pointless.... sack wise appoint another good manager ... we'll happy with..

KK in and out is next owner choice... if it still want DoF position... pls try to find someone who can communicate to the manager.... Ii is a fact that Wise is never should be appointed as DoF.

This has been done to death (and no-one knows or is telling) but the easiest way to solve a problem is to remove the cause of it, why do you think the chairman, owner et al have stuck by Wise and not bowed to pressure to sack him and bring back Keegan?

As I said, this has been done on umpteen threads, but I for one don't put it down to a 'cockney-mafia' plan.

Oh, and for the record, there is no way on earth that Roman will ever get his money back at Chelsea, no way at all.

KK in and out is next owner choice... if it still want DoF position... pls try to find someone who can communicate to the manager.... Ii is a fact that Wise is never should be appointed as DoF.

This has been done to death (and no-one knows or is telling) but the easiest way to solve a problem is to remove the cause of it, why do you think the chairman, owner et al have stuck by Wise and not bowed to pressure to sack him and bring back Keegan?

As I said, this has been done on umpteen threads, but I for one don't put it down to a 'cockney-mafia' plan.

Oh, and for the record, there is no way on earth that Roman will ever get his money back at Chelsea, no way at all.

Ashley got the highest position in his business.. for smart business men he should be manage the problem.

Problem:

- It is  a fact that wise can't work properly. prove: clash with manager recently:

- It is  a fact that Keegan is stubborn. He won't change his vision.

Just sack them both.... and get new employee to fill in and can do coorporation with each other. it is as easy as that what ashley. but right now what he already done just keegan character killing yet he still stick with wise. dramatizing all event. i suspicious he want to sell NUFC now for a short time to get short time profit.

how can roman will not getting his money back? do you have backing evidence? or imagination of simple minded fella opinion?

Ashley got the highest position in his business.. for smart business men he should be manage the problem.

Problem:

- It is  a fact that wise can't work properly. prove: clash with manager recently:

- It is  a fact that Keegan is stubborn. He won't change his vision.

Just sack them both.... and get new employee to fill in and can do coorporation with each other. it is as easy as that what ashley. but right now what he already done just keegan character killing yet he still stick with wise. dramatizing all event. i suspicious he want to sell NUFC now for a short time to get short time profit.

how can roman will not getting his money back? do you have backing evidence? or imagination of simple minded fella opinion?

Must be me being simple minded then.

Monday's gossip column

BBC Sport, UK - 17 minutes ago

(The Times) The Dubai royal family and Indian billionaire Anil Ambani are the favourites to buy the St James' Park outfit. (Daily Express) Chinese property ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7616034.stm

Chinese property developer Xu Rongmao is keen on the north-east club, with a view to exploiting the commercially valuable land surrounding the stadium. (The Guardian)

Members of Newcastle's management team have been in Dubai over the weekend seeking a buyer for the club. (The Times)

Ashley is determined to at least recoup the £250m he has spent on the Magpies. (The Guardian)

Guest black n white

Monday's gossip column

(The Times) The Dubai royal family and Indian billionaire Anil Ambani are the favourites to buy the St James' Park outfit. (Daily Express) Chinese property ...

Chinese property developer Xu Rongmao is keen on the north-east club, with a view to exploiting the commercially valuable land surrounding the stadium. (The Guardian)

Members of Newcastle's management team have been in Dubai over the weekend seeking a buyer for the club. (The Times)

Ashley is determined to at least recoup the £250m he has spent on the Magpies. (The Guardian)

was just on ssn as well saying he was in dubai, hope he's not on the piss again

Monday's gossip column

was just on ssn as well saying he was in dubai, hope he's not on the piss again

Is that even allowed?

Do people think it's just a coincidence that the papers have been saying there was trouble behind the scenes and that Keegan didn't have as much of a say in players coming in as he'd like, yet this was the reason he left after denying it over the last few months?

Were the papers lying for months or were they right all along?

Lets assume the papers were right all along about what was going on behind the scenes and that KK didnt have the power he thought.

It is fair to say then that the papers have also been right when they told us Mike Ashley has been trying to sell the club for some time now.