Mike Ashley confirms he wants to sell NUFC - see OP for full statement

Guest sicko2ndbest

Don't buy his shite people, the sob story doesn't wash with me. Why say it now? Had he said all that a day after KK left, thousands would have got behind him and tried their best to get over the loss of KK myself included. Why now? Because he's realised he's made a massive mistake in buying the club and wants out that's why and he's trying to save some face. We don't want you out Mike we just want what's best for our club and you just haven't grasped that and then you ignore us, you treat us with contempt by not communicating with us. If you truly loved this club you would have been here shit hot to sort the KK mess out and you wouldn't have kept on Dennis Wise either who was not or surely can't be the system, I'm sure a club like NUFC with the wages you pay could find KK someone he could work with, who could do what Wise could do or what he is employed to do. You said you weren't afraid of making tough decisions, yet you keep Wise. He sounds desperate to be liked, that's how this statement comes across which may seem tragic but I'm not buying it.

Yeah alright, if you say so.

Disappointed by this, I liked Ashley's vision for the club, I think he had the club's best intentions at heart, OK so he's made a mistake, but he seems to be trying to resolve it (meeting keegan). Being a chairman is an absolutely thankless task, I'd much rather have Ashley at the helm than some of the other chairmen in the league. I think some people should have been careful what they wished for, the past few days have been ridiculous.

Absolute sense. MA had good intentions but his plans were ruined by putting together a team of egos that were never going to work harmoniously.

I just hope a buyer can be found quickly. The last think we want is a team who the owner doesnt want and neither does anybody else.

Will Ashleys team even make attempts to bring in a new manager and would a new man come in, with such uncertainty over who would be his employer?

Guest Howaythetoon

Don't buy his s**** people, the sob story doesn't wash with me. Why say it now? Had he said all that a day after KK left, thousands would have got behind him and tried their best to get over the loss of KK myself included. Why now? Because he's realised he's made a massive mistake in buying the club and wants out that's why and he's trying to save some face. We don't want you out Mike we just want what's best for our club and you just haven't grasped that and then you ignore us, you treat us with contempt by not communicating with us. If you truly loved this club you would have been here s*** hot to sort the KK mess out and you wouldn't have kept on Dennis Wise either who was not or surely can't be the system, I'm sure a club like NUFC with the wages you pay could find KK someone he could work with, who could do what Wise could do or what he is employed to do. You said you weren't afraid of making tough decisions, yet you keep Wise. He sounds desperate to be liked, that's how this statement comes across which may seem tragic but I'm not buying it.

Yeah alright, if you say so.

You be won over by some carefully worded statement from a faceless man who had it in his power to prevent all this crap and by prevent I don't mean keeping KK, by TALKING to fans, by communicating. Now that he does it so late in the day, how else am I supposed to feel eh? Am I supposed to feel sorry for him? Am I supposed to forgive him? What am I supposed to do? I do say so, that's my fucking right to have an opinion and what this forum is for.

The only sorry I feel is for the club.

That sure is a nice pretty speech.

Pity that his love for the club didn't extend to coming back to Britian when his self-appointed director of football and new 'chairman' were making such a pig's ear of the day to day running of the club and driving he team manager out of the door.

Why not step in and make sure that we get the players that we needed - we were not expecting to sign the likes of Berbatov, Robhinio or Ronadinhio.  What we did want was to expand on the squad that we had and actually get cover in the places where we were thin on the ground such as the full back that Keegan talked about for six months.  We are in a terrible situation with the squad four matches in, with injuries and suspensions with no back up to bring in.  Watching football since Mexico 86 he should have realised that football is a squad game.

Don't buy his shite people, the sob story doesn't wash with me. Why say it now? Had he said all that a day after KK left, thousands would have got behind him and tried their best to get over the loss of KK myself included. Why now? Because he's realised he's made a massive mistake in buying the club and wants out that's why and he's trying to save some face. We don't want you out Mike we just want what's best for our club and you just haven't grasped that and then you ignore us, you treat us with contempt by not communicating with us. If you truly loved this club you would have been here shit hot to sort the KK mess out and you wouldn't have kept on Dennis Wise either who was not or surely can't be the system, I'm sure a club like NUFC with the wages you pay could find KK someone he could work with, who could do what Wise could do or what he is employed to do. You said you weren't afraid of making tough decisions, yet you keep Wise. He sounds desperate to be liked, that's how this statement comes across which may seem tragic but I'm not buying it.

:lol:

What I expect is that a manager can ask for funds , be it 12 million for 55 million but atleast get the players in that can keep a team in the lague and compete.

AND not run the club from f***ing London.

I think the key point Ashley's mentioning is our debt. It is like we still need to pay over 10m per year for clearing our debt. So if Keegan is asking "Sir, you say you'd back me up and so now please give me 30m from your own pocket (each year) to buy Robinho" then Ashley is simply right to refuse to do so. The argument strongly depends on how much debt we still have currently, though we'd never able to know the truth.

I don't quite understand the financial status of our club now since it's no longer PLC.  But I remember the last financial statements is simply shit. A club close to be another Leeds tbh. That's why I never support the idea of spending big on 1-2 stars now.

the bloke had the right idea in general and had he been in charge in 1994 then maybe scouring the globe and spending £20m a year would have done us right.

however this is 2008, when average players like Milner cost £12m. plus we have a piss thin squad with a lot of injury plagued individuals and have to spend some big money just to catch up to our realistic rivals (Pompey, Everton, Citeh, Spurs, Villa).

On the plan Ashley has unveiled we would have been a bottom half side for the best part of a generation.

And it would have been nice if he'd been up front and honest with us in May 08 rather than spending all summer talking shite about how the money was there for the players we wanted. It's called "managing expectations".

The reality is its needed an absolute shitstorm before he has finally been honest about his vision and the state of the club.

Guest black n white

Don't buy his s**** people, the sob story doesn't wash with me. Why say it now? Had he said all that a day after KK left, thousands would have got behind him and tried their best to get over the loss of KK myself included. Why now? Because he's realised he's made a massive mistake in buying the club and wants out that's why and he's trying to save some face. We don't want you out Mike we just want what's best for our club and you just haven't grasped that and then you ignore us, you treat us with contempt by not communicating with us. If you truly loved this club you would have been here s*** hot to sort the KK mess out and you wouldn't have kept on Dennis Wise either who was not or surely can't be the system, I'm sure a club like NUFC with the wages you pay could find KK someone he could work with, who could do what Wise could do or what he is employed to do. You said you weren't afraid of making tough decisions, yet you keep Wise. He sounds desperate to be liked, that's how this statement comes across which may seem tragic but I'm not buying it.

agreed

the fans need applauding for the way they supported our team yesterday

just a way of getting the protests to stop

this is all because he wouldnt sack wise imo

if we dont start getting results the protests will carry on especially if wise is in the directors box

Aye, no coincidence that he's wanting to sell up just as the economic climate becomes just that little bit tougher for him and his Sports Direct business...

He may find this club harder to sell than it was to buy though, so let's not be dancing in the streets just yet, eh? Maybe wait a while and see who (if anyone at all) actually buys the club...or if we get stuck with a reluctant owner which could be the worst of all worlds. :neutral:

Deffo, we really need to see where this all goes, it could be from one bad situation to another, just like every major step or change we've had since SBR, none of its worked, and we could be in for it again.

Really need Ashley to accept a reasonable offer. He reckons he's bankrolling the club to a tune of £20m a year, so £135 purchase fee, £110m paying off of debts and quite possibly £20m x 2, at the very max for a break even sale. If he loves us like he reckons, he'd be selling us for no more to the right person.

VICTORY FOR THE MONGS!

Dumb fucks who have nothing better to do nor the intelligence to see the bigger picture.

Mate, you know just as much as everyone else so what makes people whose opinion differs to yours those of "mongs"? There is no definitive right or wrong here.

It's hardly bloody unrealistic, how much did the mackems spend for christ sake, granted they needed much more.

In some ways it was unrealistic, admittedly only a minority's view though - we weren't going to get the really top level players coming in, we could have spent more and we were a bit tight at times. We couldn't afford to spend big money but on the other hand we could have spent a little bit more than what we did and been better off then we are. Sunderland have spent way too much on more or less exclusively average players.

Guest Anth.Nufc

Hmm im happy that he is selling tbh, end of the day its the only way the club is going to move forward again. but if he had have just sacked wise etc maybe he could have just carried on. 

Now lets hope we do get a zillionaire who wants to put money into the club because thats the way the prem works today if we like or not. And we all want to see us with the top players and playing great football after all.

I'm terribly sad that the moronic element within the club (And we have more than our fair share of them unfortunately) seem to have driven him out, but I must say one thing:

Why the hell couldn't he have released that statement (Or at least the first half of it) last week? I'm pretty confident that if he had, then all would have been well. All the demonstrations were in favour of Keegan simply because he was the only one who was willing to communicate with the fans over the last few months. Nothing at all has come out from the club beyond a couple of terse statements regarding KK's departure, and we've all been left completely in the dark over Ashley's intentions for the club and his vision for the future.

It's widely acknowledged that Ashley has attempted to extend an olive branch to Keegan to get him to stay, perhaps in light of the statement released we should be adult enough to do the same to him?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Aye, no coincidence that he's wanting to sell up just as the economic climate becomes just that little bit tougher for him and his Sports Direct business...

He may find this club harder to sell than it was to buy though, so let's not be dancing in the streets just yet, eh? Maybe wait a while and see who (if anyone at all) actually buys the club...or if we get stuck with a reluctant owner which could be the worst of all worlds. :neutral:

Deffo, we really need to see where this all goes, it could be from one bad situation to another, just like every major step or change we've had since SBR, none of its worked, and we could be in for it again.

Really need Ashley to accept a reasonable offer. He reckons he's bankrolling the club to a tune of £20m a year, so £135 purchase fee, £110m paying off of debts and quite possibly £20m x 2, at the very max for a break even sale. If he loves us like he reckons, he'd be selling us for no more to the right person.

He said he loved football, not "us". He owes "us" fuck all after the behaviour recently.

For what it's worth I do believe Ashley bought us with the best intentions, wanted to have some fun and to enjoy things and that he is desperate to be liked but my, he doesn't have a clue about football. Let this be a lesson to every fucking person who wants to buy a football club. Don't fuck with fans.

A victory for fans not just Newcastle fans, but fans all over.

Good riddance, although I share the concerns that the grass may not be any greener.

He's quick to communicate with the media when he wants to sell, but fuck all anytime else.

A message to fans even during the KK resigns saga could have won us around Mike or could have forced us to at least look at it from your point of view.

So missing the point I'm probably wasting my time replying, but the Arsenal model is the only way to go and it would take time. He's been pushed out by a press-fueled collection of mongs who need everything done tomorrow.

I do say so, that's my fucking right to have an opinion and what this forum is for.

What are you moaning about then? I didn't say you had no right to such an opinion. I don't agree with you advising other fans such as myself what to believe though just because you don't agree with what he is saying.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

For what it's worth I do believe Ashley bought us with the best intentions, wanted to have some fun and to enjoy things and that he is desperate to be liked but my, he doesn't have a clue about football. Let this be a lesson to every fucking person who wants to buy a football club. Don't fuck with fans.

A victory for fans not just Newcastle fans, but fans all over.

Good riddance, although I share the concerns that the grass may not be any greener.

He's quick to communicate with the media when he wants to sell, but fuck all anytime else.

A message to fans even during the KK resigns saga could have won us around Mike or could have forced us to at least look at it from your point of view.

So missing the point I'm probably wasting my time replying, but the Arsenal model is the only way to go and it would take time. He's been pushed out by a press-fueled collection of mongs who need everything done tomorrow.

Thick cunts to a man

I feel for the guy.

Took us over with the best of intentions, but fucked himself over when he appointed a greasy little cunt like Wise and expected him to work well alongside someone like Keegan. Basically his heart was in the right place but he's managed to make a mess of it.

I seriously don't think think it's the personnel that has caused the problem (despite my avatar). They've done a great job in bringing in good players for reasonable money, the problem is that they haven't been the right players, or, rather, the right players have been missing. That is what happens when the manager isn't in charge of player recruitment. We now have a squad with three left wingers (I count Jonas as one) and no real right wingers (Geremi is no longer one). Instead of finding the best players for the team, they have been finding good players for the team to make the best of. That might look economical up front, but I doubt it will bring the best return of investment.

Naturally, this is a recipe for conflicts between manager and board.