After the Ashley statement how do you feel?

Slim
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Few thoughts...

"I hope that the fans get what they want and that the next owner is someone who can lavish the amount of money on the club that the fans want" - Barring the fact that EVERY club supporter in the world would want an Abramovich type at their club pumping in millions for players, where does Ashley get this notion that Newcastle fans want is a super rich sugar daddy? Have there ever been any protests outside the ground calling for a sugar daddy? Ever been any chants for super rich oil baron during matchs? No there fucking well hasnt.

All Newcastle fans want is a team that competes and that strives to play good football. Hell, we dont really even expect our team to win anything, ever! If Ashley actually listened to any of the protests of the past few weeks then he would see that they were a direct result of HIS piss poor managament of the club, nothting to do with how many millions where spent on players.

Reading this statement just makes me think thats its a cynical attempt to currie favour before (god willing) he gets the fuck out. We never asked for a chairman with billions in his pocket to subsidise a Chelsea style spending spree, all we asked was for a chairman who genuinly CARED and would manage the club correctly. This is where he has failed and trying to blame US the fans for having unrealistic expectations over how much money was being put in is just plain crap. And as for the guff about his family - sensationalist BS! If he hadnt made such a mess in the first place there wouldnt be any problem with him being on the terraces.

Hes trying to shift blame so dont anyone feel sorry for this guy.

Few thoughts...

"I hope that the fans get what they want and that the next owner is someone who can lavish the amount of money on the club that the fans want" - Barring the fact that EVERY club supporter in the world would want an Abramovich type at their club pumping in millions for players, where does Ashley get this notion that Newcastle fans want is a super rich sugar daddy? Have there ever been any protests outside the ground calling for a sugar daddy? Ever been any chants for super rich oil baron during matchs? No there f***ing well hasnt.

All Newcastle fans want is a team that competes and that strives to play good football. Hell, we dont really even expect our team to win anything, ever! If Ashley actually listened to any of the protests of the past few weeks then he would see that they were a direct result of HIS piss poor managament of the club, nothting to do with how many millions where spent on players.

Reading this statement just makes me think thats its a cynical attempt to currie favour before (god willing) he gets the f*** out. We never asked for a chairman with billions in his pocket to subsidise a Chelsea style spending spree, all we asked was for a chairman who genuinly CARED and would manage the club correctly. This is where he has failed and trying to blame US the fans for having unrealistic expectations over how much money was being put in is just plain crap. And as for the guff about his family - sensationalist BS! If he hadnt made such a mess in the first place there wouldnt be any problem with him being on the terraces.

Hes trying to shift blame so dont anyone feel sorry for this guy.

yet to some the protests are largely just those supporting keegan without any knowledge as to what has went on (which no-one outside of ashley,keegan,wise,llambias and jiminez actually know)

- Angry, violent fans who will stop at nothing to get what they want

Violent?  Stop at nothing?  What the f***

If Ashley had stepped foot in Newcastle yesterday, he would have been ripped to shreds. No question about it

Fuck off man.  Doug Ellis was despised at Villa but he managed to get to his seat every game.

I think the complete and utter morons who demonstrated yesterday where there to get themselves on SKY Sports News and not there for the good of NUFC.

Some (probably most) was an utter embarrassment to the people of the region who will now be tarred by the same brush as these imbeciles. The average IQ of protester must be numerically lower than the fingers on a lepers wanking hand.

I genuinely hope they fuck off and die.

He'll be leaving the club in a lot better state than when he found it. I feel sad, not so much for him, but for the club. He's been hounded out by a bunch of people who seem happy to let other people do their thinking for them. I don't imagine there will be many owners ready to put themselves in the same position.

Deep down, the dispute with Keegan was about how much money the club was prepared to spend. Disputes between Keegan and whichever club he is managing, have all had the same basic theme.

Guest Howaythetoon

When he took over everyone was optimistic due to Sam Allardyce's appointment and were all looking forward to a new era of change on and off the pitch. Today we've just been beaten at home to Hull, have fans protesting, no manager and now the man responsible for it all wants to sell up to. But because he's paid off some debt we're better off. Aye, rightio.

:lol: He is trying to pull the heart and worry strings of every fan, he crated this mess and he would rather sell the club than sack Wise. Is Keegan demanding 200 mill every transfer window or something? Or is he saying the protests have left him no choice? every fan would get right behind him if he got the right people in to run the club and got a world class manager. He has choices but he has done the dummy spit fk you all choice.

He'll be leaving the club in a lot better state than when he found it. I feel sad, not so much for him, but for the club. He's been hounded out by a bunch of people who seem happy to let other people do their thinking for them. I don't imagine there will be many owners ready to put themselves in the same position.

Deep down, the dispute with Keegan was about how much money the club was prepared to spend. Disputes between Keegan and whichever club he is managing, have all had the same basic theme.

No one was told about whatthe dispute was about so the bunch of people had to make up their own minds.

So they decided to side with the man they knew and trusted more.

So Ashley puts £20M of his own money in.

I and the rest of the fans also put in a percentage of our earnings each year with the purchase of season tickets and club merchandise etc..

honestly I don't think any decent manager would like to take up the position unless another Abramovich comes.

manager's decision interfere by chairman or club owner ISN'T THAT UNCOMMON in football nowadays. it's not the system that makes the job notorious, but the fans and the club history.

now this statement simply outlines how ridiculous our fans are --- and i wonder if any manager would like to manage us now. no money to spend, huge amount of pressure from the impatience fans (check the manager's record since SBR yourself), not london based --- i simply don't have an idea how can we back on track.

Guest Howaythetoon

The KK comments are baseless too, KK walked out the first time because promises made to him in good faith were not being kept. He walked for good because the board tried to sell Sir Les behind his back. How was he seriously meant to challenge for the league if one half of a deadly strikeforce signed to score the goals to win the league, was being touted behind his back to the likes of Villa, Everton and Spurs? This time around he walked because the club were signing and selling players without his say so or input. Why people want to believe the lies of Ashley and co I don't know. In fact I do, because people want to believe in this set-up even when it clearly isn't or hasn't worked. I'll stick by the man who saved us from relegation and took us to within 4 points of the title over those that have well and truly been found out - something we should be thankful for to KK for revealing them for what they are, clueless, liars, incompetent, faceless people who have the nerve to think some very late in the day sob story will wash.

Oh wait....

I think Ashley's plan is absolutely spot on. Look at the players we brought in, they're all better the those who were sold and we didn't pay through the nose for any of them. Everyone assumed when Ashley came in that he would be splashing the cash big time, but instead he's implemented a system that is much better for the long-term security of the club. He's not prepared to throw away big chunks of his hard-earned cash down the drain which is quite understandable.

If only Ashley had realised just how important Keegan is to us he wouldn't be in this mess. In fact if he had actually bothered to communicate with us at any point he could've avoided a lot of it.

To cruelly dangle the Keegan carrott in front of us and then snatch it away before we had a chance to see what it could do is unforgiveable. He's seen what Keegan means to us and the players, and IMO he should've been doing everything in his power (within reason) to get him back.

If Keegan comes back, Ashley gets rid of Wise and changes the structure and all involved make sure it works - give the manager more say in transfers - then i support the guy. 

Besides from the last 3 weeks, he hasnt done much wrong.

I feel like he should have said a lot of it a long time ago. It's a bit late now, especially when you get near the end of the statement to find out he's planning on selling up. Apart from the official magazine interview we've heard next to sod all from Ashley until now. I'm sure if he'd spelled out the situation and his plans a lot earlier he'd have had an easier time managing expectations. Having said that, half the things mentioned he'd have known about if he'd done due diligence before buying the club. We all knew Shepherd had spent money we didn't have. Thanks for saving the club from doing a Leeds Mike. It's a crying shame it's ending this way for all of us.

I still won't have a final opinion on the entire situation until i've seen Keegan's contract; and i've found out the exact reasons for why Keegan left. But that's clearly not going to happen so i'm still in limbo. :undecided:

If transfers were being conceived over Keegan's head, when it was assured that could never happen (as is suggested in a statement from Wise in February), then i'm fully behind KK and Ashley is in the wrong. I've maintained from the beginning that i like the system, but if Keegan was promised the final say and wasn't given it, then they've got no place here. But we don't know and we're never going to know.

Regardless of whatever happened and for what reasons, the club communication was fucking appaling and the construction of the first statement was utterly shambolic; begging for trouble.

If Ashley wants to sell then fair enough, i just hope it's resolved quickly and we can draw the line. If Chris Hughton remains in charge then we'll continue losing games.

Keegan character killing.. what he have done... a few month ago keegan already said to the fans he wouldn't expect a superstar to come to the club cause he know he couldn't compete in top four. all keegan want just player that needed to the team adding the squad depth. for sure keegan not fool enoough that he can get the kind of kaka or ronaldinho. just a player he need. when he asked to wise about the player to wise he simply getting answer " or u'll be sacked ". Ashley simply don't know about football at all... do he expecting a manager to be just as much a "cheerleader" to the team. What wise CV so he can be have that huge position at the club... or simply he can save more money by just appointing inexperience DoF. Ashley mind right now is PERFECT TIME to sell. so he can get profit in short time. 250 million pound for a club as big as NUFC is quite simply cheap. NUFC have already legendary name (that quite high value) among all the fans around the globe. we definitely going no time to get the new owner. At last Cockney Mafia Out!

the one which i am worried now.... is Ashley back-lass to NUFC supporter by... holding ransom asking ridiculous money to the new investors.