Why will we find it hard to find a buyer?

Dave

Fear that one wrong move and the fans will turn on you?

This will probably go over the heads of a fair few, but it might make any new owner think twice about ploughing money into a club where he'll be treading on eggshells in case the fans turn and his investment turns to shite. It will need an owner with a big transfer kitty available every year to start with.

Wouldnt be suprised to see Shearer along with heavy backers come in. Similar to quinn at Sunderland but with Shearer being manager

I could see wealthy backers wanting Shearer as a front in the Quinn mould, but I really don't know if he'd want to manage the club. But he's a football man, and I think if he was in charge of the day to day running of the club a la Quuinn, managers would get a chance because the fans would trust Shearer's judgement.

Because if so many people with so little information and experience in crucial matters can force a man who has invested over 200m of his personal wealth into his business to sell, then you dont have an interesting investment.

The show of strength from the supporters is a signal of weakness to the potential investor. Only the unlimited funds type of investor will want to play in this game.

Business met football and football won on the day. What it means for the future only time will tell.

- The intense pressure of the job and the fact your in the line of fire, where your more likely to get a fair go at another club.

- The huge expectations of the fans

- The sheer cost of investing in a football club and the fact the fans will expect you to invest heavily in this club

- No real money to be made in the short term and long term that will be depenedent on success

The only sort of person in there right mind who'd buy the club would be someone with insanely deep pockets who can afford to lose probobly about half a billion in the next 10 years.

List them.

- The intense pressure of the job and the fact your in the line of fire, where your more likely to get a fair go at another club.

- The sheer cost of investing in a football club and the fact the fans will expect you to invest heavily in this club

- No real money to be made in the short term and long term that will be depenedent on success

The only sort of person in there right mind who'd buy the club would be someone with insanely deep pockets who can afford to lose probobly about half a billion in the next 10 years.

List them.

You just beat me to it Mick

That line is bullshit peddled by the media.

List them.

:lol: Are you fucking kidding me?

- Yearly European football

- Attacking football all the time

- Big spending on transfers

:lol: Are you f***ing kidding me?

I haven't expected European football for years.

I don't expect attacking football all of the time.

I don't expect big spending on transfers.

Any more?

List them.

:lol: Are you fucking kidding me?

What tripe.

Any more?

Good for you. Sadly the majority of the supporters do expect these things.

If I can't sell the club to someone who will give the fans what they want then I shall continue to ensure that Newcastle is run on a business and football model that is sustainable. I care too much about the club merely to abandon it.

I have the interests of Newcastle United at heart. I have listened to you. You want me out. That is what I am now trying to do but it won't happen overnight and it may not happen at all if a buyer does not come in.

With the above in mind, a sale may take a little while, but I'm worried about what that could mean for NUFC in the short/medium term pre-sale.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45016000/jpg/_45016041_fb15845f-a8d4-4372-bb7e-918a5b4a453c.jpg

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45017000/jpg/_45017016_-23.jpg

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45017000/jpg/_45017005_208a3742-3e96-4036-965d-a3c49b454c3b.jpg

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45014000/jpg/_45014837_034cbe55-9493-4478-ab1f-dac1da970525.jpg

Oh and:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45017000/jpg/_45017024_keegan_226_pa.jpg

You'd have to be fucking insane to buy this club at the moment.

Any more?

most will expect big spending i imagine, as with attacking football. look at the time allardyce had, he didnt do a great job but didnt get that much time before fans started booing. but lets not get into an argument about allardyce, as it has no significance!

Any more?

The ones I know don't.

Guest Micktoon

Any more?

Complete and utter bollocks. A whole bunch of the St nicks day release brigade on sky and the press peddle this bullshit. All most Newcastle fans want is a well run club which would hopefully fuel the possibility of bringing the occasional trophy, i'd be fucking happy with the Johnstons paint thingymwatsit if it meant seeing the Toon at Wembley

Guest Howaythetoon

If Stozo is right we'll have no problem.

Spend some money on big name players, keep sacking managers and play attacking football and fans will worship the very ground the new owners walk on.

Makes you wonder why many hated FS....

Stozo, do you live in Newcastle?

Guest Micktoon

Spend some money on big name players, keep sacking managers and play attacking football and fans will worship the very ground the new owners walk on.

Exactly lets go do it, now where did i leave my wallet. Wonder if Milan take mastercard.

Exactly lets go do it, now where did i leave my wallet. Wonder if Milan take mastercard.

:lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Seriously, despite all the crap, NUFC is still a potential goldmine on and off the pitch so I think there will be many interested parties willing to buy the club, many.

I think we'll have no problem

That statement will have alerted that broker that brought the Arabs to Man City, She said other buyers were going to come in for clubs so watch this space.

At least one good thing has come out of these protests is whoever does buy will know exactly what is needed and i'm sure.

List them.

You just beat me to it Mick

That line is bullshit peddled by the media.

Yep and people are gullible enough to buy it.