So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

They've been worried about them for years, they still can't get them out.

I can't believe the level I've brought this serious thread down to.

It's went down like a Muslim in a pork store. (See what I did there?)

Just thought - would that mean we'd not be able to buy pork-related products (bacon sarnies, hot dogs etc) either in the ground or before we got in the ground? Would SJP become a Halal club?

Just thought - would that mean we'd not be able to buy pork-related products (bacon sarnies, hot dogs etc) either in the ground or before we got in the ground? Would SJP become a Halal club?

The potential for such great headline writing would be there for all, especially if they appointed Shearer as manager.

The potential for such great headline writing would be there for all, especially if they appointed Shearer as manager.

:lol:

I can see that my recent purchase of a black-and-white-striped djelleba (the kind of hooded robe they wear in Morocco) in the Marrakech souk may prove to be an even better buy than I thought it was.

Why, are you planning on making an appearance on Sky Sports News?

I can see that my recent purchase of a black-and-white-striped djelleba (the kind of hooded robe they wear in Morocco) in the Marrakech souk may prove to be an even better buy than I thought it was.

Why, are you planning on making an appearance on Sky Sports News?

Nah, I'm gonna sneak into the director's box.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley may have found a buyer.

After a series of rejections, the Daily Mail a consortium linked to Dubai Sports City last night emerged as the front-runners to take over Newcastle.

The club's owner Mike Ashley is in Dubai with Dennis Wise and Tony Jimenez, trying to attract buyers and are in talks with DSC, the world's first purpose-built sports city.

Dubai Sports City is a £4billion development and its backers certainly have the finance to buy out Ashley, who publicly admitted his desire to sell for the first time on Sunday.

The group are interested in adding a Premier League team to their portfolio.

However, negotiations are at an early stage and Ashley has also been in contact with a Chinese consortium.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Zabeel have already told Kevin Keegan he will get his job back back if their takeover succeeds. (Daily Express)

"Areet Kev, it's Bob from Zabeel, just thought we'd tell ya you're going to be Toon gaffer again when that cunt drops his asking price."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/default.stm

Owner Mike Ashley is asking for £481m for Newcastle - a profit of £230m. (Sun)

A consortium linked to Dubai Sports City has emerged as the frontrunner to take over Newcastle. (Daily Mail)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Zabeel Investments, part of Sheikh Mohammed Rashid Al-Maktoum's Dubai Holding, have told Ashley to lower his £480m asking price. (Star)

---------------------------------------------------------

Zabeel have already told Kevin Keegan he will get his job back back if their takeover succeeds. (Daily Express)

---------------------------------------------------------------

However, Zabeel may only be showing an interest in Newcastle in order to force Liverpool's owners to sell. (Guardian)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ashley's attempts to sell the club in the Middle East have not been helped by his claims that he and his family have been threatened with violence. (Guardian)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ashley suffered huge financial losses as the value of HBOS shares - of which he has a sizeable holding - tumbled. (Independent)

------------------------------------------------------------------

No representative from Newcastle turned up at a Prince's Trust Charity dinner in aid of disadvantaged children, which did attract stars from Sunderland and Middlesbrough. (Sun)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/default.stm

Owner Mike Ashley is asking for £481m for Newcastle - a profit of £230m. (Sun)

A consortium linked to Dubai Sports City has emerged as the frontrunner to take over Newcastle. (Daily Mail)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Zabeel Investments, part of Sheikh Mohammed Rashid Al-Maktoum's Dubai Holding, have told Ashley to lower his £480m asking price. (Star)

---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------

However, Zabeel may only be showing an interest in Newcastle in order to force Liverpool's owners to sell. (Guardian)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ashley's attempts to sell the club in the Middle East have not been helped by his claims that he and his family have been threatened with violence. (Guardian)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ashley suffered huge financial losses as the value of HBOS shares - of which he has a sizeable holding - tumbled. (Independent)

------------------------------------------------------------------

No representative from Newcastle turned up at a Prince's Trust Charity dinner in aid of disadvantaged children, which did attract stars from Sunderland and Middlesbrough. (Sun)

I can actually understand no-one from the club going to the dinner atm. The evening would have been dominated by them being questioned. It would have done neither the player, the club or the charity any favours.

I would fully expect the players to recommence supporting such dinners once the media storm dies down a bit.

Ashley snubs takeover talks for cocktails

by Claire Ferris-Lay and Andy Sambidge

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley snubbed a crucial meeting with Arab investors on Tuesday night – choosing instead to spend the evening drinking Mojito cocktails at a Dubai beach bar.

Ashley had been due to hold talks with Dubai officials over a possible sale of the club, at the Mina A’Salam Ramadan Tent, in the Madinat Jumeirah Hotel.

The meeting was due to begin at 11pm, and followed the handing over of sale documents for the club earlier in the day, in which Ashley stated he wanted no less than $860 million to sell Newcastle FC – more than twice the sum he paid for it in 2007.

Story continues below ↓

advertisement

Sources close to the talks say an offer had been made to buy the club on Tuesday, of around $360 million. A follow-up meeting was planned to discuss the offer.

However, Ashley arrived at the Bahri Bar, just five minutes walk from the Ramadan Tent, at just before 10pm last night and began ordering drinks.

He was joined at the bar by Newcastle United managing director Derek Llambias and director of football Dennis Wise.

While standing at the bar Ashley was overheard to tell Llambias that he wouldn’t go to the Ramadan Tent saying the earlier offer was an “insult”.

Wise and Llambias briefly left the bar on several occasions to answer calls on their mobile phones, while Ashley himself remained. The group left shortly after 1am on Wednesday morning.

Dubai officials had gathered at the nearby Al Majlis beachside tent, where Ashley had been invited to join them for talks over dinner.

Ashley and his party were due to be flying back to the UK on Thursday morning. However, it is understood they may leave Dubai on Wednesday, as the chances of any takeover fade.