So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

Ashley is begin an absolute c*** with the price he has asked for, that will put so many buyers off. Yeah okay he won't expect to get that much and will drop the price but he is being a total c*** over the entire thing

got any direct quotes confirming how much he wants?

Aye, all members of NUFC.co.uk got a email yesterday, saying how much he wants & the T & C's of sale, payment method etc. At the end it said drop Chris a email at [email protected] if interested, as I will be away in Dubai for a few days.

aye, thought not.

Ashley is begin an absolute c*** with the price he has asked for, that will put so many buyers off. Yeah okay he won't expect to get that much and will drop the price but he is being a total c*** over the entire thing

got any direct quotes confirming how much he wants?

Aye, all members of NUFC.co.uk got a email yesterday, saying how much he wants & the T & C's of sale, payment method etc. At the end it said drop Chris a email at [email protected] if interested, as I will be away in Dubai for a few days.

aye, thought not.

Hopefully the next newest member will be called Mohammed Al Hashimi & he can post how much Mike Ashley is going to sell for.

http://www.zabeelinvestments.com/aboutus.php

At a current value of AED 2.56 trillion, the UAE leads the way, ... Zabeel is a multi-diversified investment company focused on the areas of commercial real .

:yikes:

:lol: That's ridiculous.

Especially as it doesn't appear to say that. ???

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&as_q=At+a+current+value+of+AED+2.56+trillion%2C+the+UAE+leads+the+way&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zabeelinvestments.com%2Fprofile.php&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=off

also, anyone who would like us to "do a city", who do you think buys the players at city? or at chelsea, or at QPR. those are the 3 clubs that have more money than they can shake a stick at, and i know ian dowie doesn't buy qpr's players, and considering chelsea were buying players before scolari was appointed i have my doubts over them. and with city, did hughes actually ask for robinho, or fabregas, ronaldo or torres?

you think KK would have walked if we have of signed Robinho, Fabregas or Ronaldo like?!

If it was a matter of principle then yes, the players involved are irrelevant.

Bullshit

. Ashley walks in with Robinho, here you go Kev, your type of player.

You got me him instead of Warnock?! Fuck it im off.

couldnt see that happening tbh

You clearly don't understand the idea of doing something on "a matter of principle" then.

If you think he'd stay then you're saying he didn't leave because he didn't have final say over transfers, but that he left because the players brought in without his authorisation weren't good enough.  A very different argument.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Guest Gallowgate Mag

how come setanta have qoutes denying it but ssn confirm meetings will take place?

SSN just had the Arabian News businessman on the phone, so i'm guessing that's more up to date.

The scousers are bricking it because Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is a major invester in Zabeel and DIC,  So if Zabeel buy us they're fucked.  :laugh:

how come setanta have qoutes denying it but ssn confirm meetings will take place?

SSN just had the Arabian News businessman on the phone, so i'm guessing that's more up to date.

The fella who wrote:

However, Zabeel Investments chairman Mohammed Ali Al Hashimi stressed that he had not been directly approached over any takeover deal.

“We have not had any contact,” he told Arabian Business. “I am not interested in any [English Premier League club] right now.”

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/531289-uae-investors-told-newcastle-is-yours-for-860mn?ln=en

That guy says there is concern about the Ashley statement that he was afraid to watch the game in fear of being assaulted. Apparently that didn't go down too well in Dubai.

Just read this on Red and White Kop: ;D

So I take it that Zabeel investing in Newcastle would mean the end of Sheikh Mohammed investing in us?

I hate Newcastle at the moment. They're trying to ruin us indirectly. FUCK OFF NEWCASTLE!

That guy says there is concern about the Ashley statement that he was afraid to watch the game in fear of being assaulted. Apparently that didn't go down too well in Dubai.

Funny, I was just reading an article saying how happy the police were with the peacful protests.

Ashley decided that he was unsafe. I didn't see any comments advocating violence of any sort.

Ok, so that's actually about the amount of building work going on in the UAE and I've just skimmed the article, but it looks like Zabeel is only responsible for some of that. It has nothing to do with how much money Zabeel have as far, as I can see and therefore little to no relevance to this thread. Apart from anything those figures are listed in AED (United Arab Emirates Dirham) one of which is worth 15p meaning that 2.56 trillion is actually a mere £384,000,000,000 impressive, but not quite as impressive as a few trillion. ;)

So I take it that Zabeel investing in Newcastle would mean the end of Sheikh Mohammed investing in us?

I hate Newcastle at the moment. They're trying to ruin us indirectly. f*** OFF NEWCASTLE!

Pesky fucking geordies again eh!!

I hate Newcastle at the moment. They're trying to ruin us indirectly. f*** OFF NEWCASTLE!

Pesky f***ing geordies again eh!!

i thought we were too busy self destructing

Can someone explain to me what the following means?

"Zabeel Investments has built up an AED 12.4 billion portfolio in its first year".

Does that mean Zabeel are worth £12,400,000,000? If so, I don't think Abramovich is worth a lot more. I'm probably completely wrong though.

I live here (well pretty close anyway) and its the first time i ever hear of them, the name isn't actually pronounced zabeel its actually alot funnier than that in Arabic :lol:

Anyway i wouldn't trust them with a takeover, but if they do pay 860m for us then Ashley is a better business man than i thought and if they do pay that amount then they'll defintley work their ass off to make it the best there is..so lets see.

"Zabeel Investments has built up an AED 12.4 billion portfolio in its first year".

Does that mean Zabeel are worth £12,400,000,000? If so, I don't think Abramovich is worth a lot more. I'm probably completely wrong though.

AED is not equivalent to the £, so it's a lot less than the figure you've quoted.

Here: http://coinmill.com/AED_calculator.html

AED is not equivalent to the £, so it's a lot less than the figure you've quoted.

Here: http://coinmill.com/AED_calculator.html

Ah, AED is a currency. Obviously!

This is the kind of deal he is able to do:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2007/jun/05/9

£29m profit in eight weeks on an investment of £200m

That's 14.5% profit in eight weeks!!

You reckon he's going to make anything like that on NUFC!?! :lol:

Aye, actually. Do measure success in how quickly he does it? How much are you willing to bet that the club is worth more than double what it is now in three years?

How come the season tickets are going up for next year? He's pissing millions away, apparently. Why does he need an extra £20 off me? Naive beyond belief.

:coolsmiley: