Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How many members does this club have by the way? Why do they think they have anywhere near enough power to persuade the club's advertisers and sponsors - and we're talking the "main" ones here - to stop putting funds into the club (I repeat the club, not Mike Ashley)?

Indeed - I honestly get the impression that to them removing Ashley is more important than securing this club's long term future and ensuring it is left in the best and most capable hands. I also think they're over-reacting and way overdoing things. They are, as you say, utterly pathetic.

I'm not even sure Ashley is the problem at the club, I think his MD and what has happened since his appointment is the main problem but I could be wrong.

How many members does this club have by the way? Why do they think they have anywhere near enough power to persuade the club's advertisers and sponsors - and we're talking the "main" ones here - to stop putting funds into the club (I repeat the club, not Mike Ashley)?

I think they claim to represent the fans so the numbers of members is dwarfed by the number who go to games and rightly or wrongly, they probably carry that number around with them for now.

Indeed - I honestly get the impression that to them removing Ashley is more important than securing this club's long term future and ensuring it is left in the best and most capable hands. I also think they're over-reacting and way overdoing things. They are, as you say, utterly pathetic.

I'm not even sure Ashley is the problem at the club, I think his MD and what has happened since his appointment is the main problem but I could be wrong.

I believe this is the case too. Ashley set up a team and let them get on with it. The team in place fucked up, not him particularly.

The ensuing farce was prompted by the protest and his decision to give in to the demands of the protest. Its took on a life of it own since then that has nothing to do with decision making within the club.

I believe this is the case too. Ashley set up a team and let them get on with it. The team in place f***ed up, not him particularly.

The ensuing farce was prompted by the protest and his decision to give in to the demands of the protest. Its took on a life of it own since then that has nothing to do with decision making within the club.

I just wish everybody had thought things through before acting and I include myself in that.  I applauded the cockney mafia banner but didn't think for one minute that things would go the way that they have.  I honestly thought that the protests were against Llambias and Wise so acted on that, what a mong.

I think most of us have acted on emotions and the head has played second fiddle, in my defence, at least I've thought about it since and changed my stance to a certain degree.

Because they are vocal. Because they have a strong media presence on tv, web and written press. Because we are in recession and new buyers or sponsors won't necessarily want to invest in a club with a dwindling and hostile  fan base.

Newcastle United supporters have announced plans to step up their opposition to Mike Ashley's tenure at St James' Park in spite of the owner's attempts to sell the club. A newly formed fans group will broaden its boycott of official Newcastle goods and is to write to sponsors and advertisers requesting that they end their relationship with Ashley's regime.

Joe Kinnear, the interim manager, said yesterday that the billionaire had informed him that all bids to buy Newcastle “have to be in by October 17. He said six consortiums are interested.” While that timeline is unconfirmed, Newcastle are unlikely to be sold until mid-November at the earliest.

The likelihood of Kinnear remaining far beyond the end of his contract, which runs until the end of this month before becoming a “rolling” deal, is strong, but Tynesiders would be less enamoured by Ashley's continued presence. The latest statement from the Newcastle United Supporters Club (NUSC) warned against complacency.

“NUSC would be delighted to discuss with any prospective buyer of good intention how we can work together,” the organisation said. “Mike Ashley is not acting quickly enough to end his disastrous relationship with our club. NUSC will soon be writing to the club's main sponsors and advertisers to request that they end their business relationship with a Mike Ashley-owned Newcastle United.

“If the nightmare scenario of an Ashley-owned Newcastle United continues to next summer, then we will organise a campaign amongst supporters to boycott any new kit and merchandise being sold by adidas.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article4902866.ece

Daft statement how do they know what is been done to sell the club.

That statement is ridiculous, naive and embarrassing, to pick three words.

What the fuck do they think they're doing writing to the sponsors and advertisers to ask them to stop dealing with us? Aye, that's what you need in an economic downturn, tell everyone who gives the club money to stop.

I know they're trying etc etc, but stop it you cretins.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm all for the supporters club but their latest statement and plan of action should any deal not come as quick as we'd all like or as quick as it needs to happen, isn't something I'd support. Many of the club's sponsors and partners have been so for years during the bad times and the good times, their support is like ours in a way only with more cash, we wouldn't be happy if we all boycotted our club though so why should a company via their money?

Also a lot of sponsorship money is peanust compared to the mega sky and shirt deals, the club uses some of these funds to fund their foundation and to run their football in the community scheme. These are good things, positive things.

If the club were suddenly short of money, they'd be the first to go.

This new statement reads like a personal vendetta against Ashley which I know isn't the true aim of the club but it can take over the aims of the club if allowed to which is a worry because there are far more pressing issues to deal with, real issues that a concerted and organised fans group can do something about.

Like the transport system on match days, away day allocations, the ticket system for matches, improving media relations and the image of Newcastle fans etc., this should all be key on the agenda and not some "get Ashley out" campaign which is actually in the post anyway and WILL happen.

We as fans now need to do what we do best - show some patience.

I'd rather a quick and forced sale due to more pressure from fans didn't happen because god knows who it could go to then.

We've already had our fingers burnt with Ashley.

I say leave the powers that be who are dealing with this in peace and concentrate on building up the supporters club, putting down pegs and working on issues that can be taken to the new owners whoever that may be.

Btw congratulations to all those involved with the progress being made regarding the actual club, like I've said once or twice this has the makings of being one of the best things to come out of all this mess.

Newcastle United supporters have announced plans to step up their opposition to Mike Ashley's tenure at St James' Park in spite of the owner's attempts to sell the club. A newly formed fans group will broaden its boycott of official Newcastle goods and is to write to sponsors and advertisers requesting that they end their relationship with Ashley's regime.

Joe Kinnear, the interim manager, said yesterday that the billionaire had informed him that all bids to buy Newcastle have to be in by October 17. He said six consortiums are interested. While that timeline is unconfirmed, Newcastle are unlikely to be sold until mid-November at the earliest.

The likelihood of Kinnear remaining far beyond the end of his contract, which runs until the end of this month before becoming a rolling deal, is strong, but Tynesiders would be less enamoured by Ashley's continued presence. The latest statement from the Newcastle United Supporters Club (NUSC) warned against complacency.

NUSC would be delighted to discuss with any prospective buyer of good intention how we can work together, the organisation said. Mike Ashley is not acting quickly enough to end his disastrous relationship with our club. NUSC will soon be writing to the club's main sponsors and advertisers to request that they end their business relationship with a Mike Ashley-owned Newcastle United.

If the nightmare scenario of an Ashley-owned Newcastle United continues to next summer, then we will organise a campaign amongst supporters to boycott any new kit and merchandise being sold by adidas.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article4902866.ece

A ridiculous statement written by self important opportunists who fraudulently claim to represent Newcastle supporters.

Joe Kinnear, the interim manager, said yesterday that the billionaire had informed him that all bids to buy Newcastle have to be in by October 17. He said six consortiums are interested. While that timeline is unconfirmed, Newcastle are unlikely to be sold until mid-November at the earliest.

The likelihood of Kinnear remaining far beyond the end of his contract, which runs until the end of this month before becoming a rolling deal, is strong, but Tynesiders would be less enamoured by Ashley's continued presence. The latest statement from the Newcastle United Supporters Club (NUSC) warned against complacency.

NUSC would be delighted to discuss with any prospective buyer of good intention how we can work together, the organisation said. Mike Ashley is not acting quickly enough to end his disastrous relationship with our club. NUSC will soon be writing to the club's main sponsors and advertisers to request that they end their business relationship with a Mike Ashley-owned Newcastle United.

If the nightmare scenario of an Ashley-owned Newcastle United continues to next summer, then we will organise a campaign amongst supporters to boycott any new kit and merchandise being sold by adidas.

A ridiculous statement written by self important opportunists who fraudulently claim to represent Newcastle supporters.

And as I said a couple of weeks ago, due to the name they will be taken as being representative of all fans.

It's the same as NUFC.com being perceived as some sort of official fan site purely down to the lucky domain

Looks like I'm the only one who supports the actions of NUSC! Good to see some supporters doing something for a change, we've had years of mismanagement at the Toon which is really highlighted when you read the book about us not winning anything for 50 years (forgot the title!)!!

How people can blame the protesters for a situation where we are now on our third manager under Ashley's reign and ended up in a situation where we've got Dennis Wise as DOF and Joe Kinnear as manager is baffling!!!

Not to mention the squad being terrible!! Oh yes I forgot the great structure he put in place ended up with us getting two Argentinean Internationals, though did we really need this new “continental structure” to help us identify two current Argentinean Internationals??? Surely any club with a basic scouting system would have identified them!

Not really too bothered what NUSC do to be honest but I’m pleased they are protesting in some way and also pleased that the crowds are down as at least as a fan of Newcastle I can have some self respect! Yes this may be to the detriment of the club for now but I’m sick of putting up with complete mismanagement over the years and seeing the fans turn out to support them regardless!! We just look like idiots who’ll take any old rubbish and still turn up at the match which is what the majority of fans have done over the years, me included!!!

Also for all those people saying Ashley has been forced out by the protesters, not many people are happy about his handling of SportsDirect at the moment but I don’t see him trying to sell up there! You don’t get to where he is in the world without being able to take some flack and see things out!!

Guest fraser

The danger of this 'supporters club' is that its spokespersons pontificate without any caveats and purport to represent the views of supporters in general or even a majority of them. As long as they make clear that they speak for the members of the supporters club that's fine but they won't.

In light of the global financial crash, the situation overspending West Ham now find themselves in, unsustainable Premier league wage bills and football's general level of debt,  Mike Ashley's structured plan for the club and it's finances looks quite visionary.

A shame that Keegan's walkout and the sub primes demonstration blew such a hole in what now looks like it was a very astute longer term plan for NUFC's prosperity and success.

Will NUSC, whoever they are, ammend their position depending on changing circumstances or will they stubbornly stick to their only agenda (cockney mafia out) whatever happens, thinking Newcastle United are immune to global economic factors.

Did the structured plan consider falling income from ST/match day income as the football declined?

The £20m subsidy would disappear leaving no money for squad improvement leading to a vicious circle.

Looks like I'm the only one who supports the actions of NUSC! Good to see some supporters doing something for a change, we've had years of mismanagement at the Toon which is really highlighted when you read the book about us not winning anything for 50 years (forgot the title!)!!

And now we have a misguided and mismanged supporters group shouting their mouths off to boot.

I support the notion of fans coming together and working with the club, I don't subscribe to their nonsense about boycotting all addidas merchandise if they continue to support the club with Ashley in charge

Did the structured plan consider falling income from ST/match day income as the football declined?

The £20m subsidy would disappear leaving no money for squad improvement leading to a vicious circle.

Well the club is in turmoil and has been put up for sale. Why are you still expecting Ashley to subsidise the squad with £20m? That was his plan when he was sitting with the supporters as owner with KK in charge. Things have moved on quite a bit since then.

Trying to scare off Adidas and Northern Rock would actually benefit Ashley in that he isn't getting any money from them, so if they did decide to do a runner, he'd have the opportunity to bag himself some sponsorship money.

Although in the long term, the money from this would be less than without the protests for the reasons people mention.

is it me or is "NUSC" just a collaboration of .com/true faith/the mag and any tom dick or harry who agree's can send them money and have the privilege of being a member?

IIRC the flyer I got handed before Blackburn was basically just all anti-Ashley/pro-Keegan.  To me it just seems like a hastily set-up group in the wake of the events of the past month.

is it me or is "NUSC" just a collaboration of .com/true faith/the mag and any tom dick or harry who agree's can send them money and have the privilege of being a member?

IIRC the flyer I got handed before Blackburn was basically just all anti-Ashley/pro-Keegan.  To me it just seems like a hastily set-up group in the wake of the events of the past month.

They come across as basically a protest group, very active in pointing to problems and who they are against, but it's easy to be a critic. Putting things right is only going to be done by whoever has the money and inclination to invest heavily in the club. That's something you can't protest into happening...although you could arguably protest loudly enough to put off any potential investors.