Peter Beardsley

biggs

The FA have seen the whole picture and deemed him to have been in the wrong. That'll do for me.

As far as I am currently aware the opposite is true. The FA don't know what happened due to non-disclosure (or unsatisfactory disclosure) from the club. So by charging him they can look into it themselves. No?

Surely you can't just charge someone (and make it public knowledge) will nilly?

Well wouldn't the complaint containing the alleged remark "You lot should be good at this" be enough to charge someone in order to investigate further?

The FA have seen the whole picture and deemed him to have been in the wrong. That'll do for me.

As far as I am currently aware the opposite is true. The FA don't know what happened due to non-disclosure (or unsatisfactory disclosure) from the club. So by charging him they can look into it themselves. No?

Surely you can't just charge someone (and make it public knowledge) will nilly?

Well wouldn't the complaint containing the alleged remark "You lot should be good at this" be enough to charge someone in order to investigate further?

Probably not on it's own, no.

If you think Disco's shtick on here is unfounded, I urge you to read the Chronicle's FB comments on their main article about this. Delightful stuff.

This just makes me pure sad though. I played as him in World Cup doubles and now he’s not only a stooge of shit regime which you can half forgive but he’s very much likely a daft old bigot.

I've no idea how old you are Disco but the world has certainly changed in my lifetime, mostly in the last decade or so and, it seems, at an accelerated pace of late. Its difficult to imagine Beardsley as a bigot considering the wide number of clubs and players he has played with and never a hint of inappropriate behaviour prior to this.

There used to be a time people knew when something was said in jest and when it was more nasty. The politically correct world that surrounds us today is bordering on insanity compared to the world I mostly grew up in. I was just listening to a Dean Martin clip last night where he is referring to Sinatra as the 'Dago' and someone else as the 'Jew', everyone was laughing, including the 'Dago' and the 'Jew', because everyone knew Martin wasn't being serious or disparaging.

We know playing the 'race card' is an easy thing to do these days but we don't know anything about the youth player that has complained, his character etc. How would you prove the alleged "You lot should be good at this." comment was racial rather than a sports related comment. Only Beardsley knows and unless it comes out there has been a history of inapprpriate comments I'll be reserving judgement.

You make a lot of sense, but people can't look beyond that which is on display. He took them to a place called 'Go Ape'. A point which was reported, but is it relevant? If the incident had occured at 'Tree-top Training' would the media have reported the name? Who knows?

I struggle to imagine Pedro as racist, like. Having said that, people are wise to hide their prejudices, these days.

The whole "you lot should be good at this" and then saying he meant sportsmen, sounds exactly like a Curb Your Enthusiasm plotline, with Larry spending the whole episode trying to explain himself.

The whole "you lot should be good at this" and then saying he meant sportsmen, sounds exactly like a Curb Your Enthusiasm plotline, with Larry spending the whole episode trying to explain himself.

Is it the word 'lot'? If he had said "You should be good at this" would it have been okay?

His career is pretty much done at this point. I just don’t see the value in charging him, whether it’s true or not.

Are they making an example out of him?

Aye should just let racism go unpunished if that's what he's done. Have to charge him for the integrity of the sport surely?

Is it the word 'lot'? If he had said "You should be good at this" would it have been okay?

blogger-image--946552574.jpg

blogger-image--946552574.jpg

:lol: :lol: spot on. Guys like you who are French!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest reefatoon

Where is the big deal in him staying in the same hotel???? Christ, he isn't on the register and not allowed to go near them.  I'm sure he won't go booling in hurling racial abuse at them in the foyer either.

That’s totally over the top. Whatever he did, you’d expect coverage like that if Adam Johnson was playing in some exhibition tourno at the same time as a kids thing.

Almost feel sorry for Beardsley but then I remember all that sticking up for Mike Ashley over the years.

That’s totally over the top. Whatever he did, you’d expect coverage like that if Adam Johnson was playing in some exhibition tourno at the same time as a kids thing.

Almost feel sorry for Beardsley but then I remember all that sticking up for Mike Ashley over the years.

And all that sticking up for Ashley has got him nowhere.

Yes, noncing and racially bulling a child are different, but this is far from an overreaction - no business can facilitate an ex-employee coming into contact with their victims. It’s standard practice.

Yes, noncing and racially bulling a child are different, but this is far from an overreaction - no business can facilitate an ex-employee coming into contact with their victims. It’s standard practice.

:thup: