Peter Beardsley

biggs

Guest Howaythetoon

Best player I think I'll ever see in the shirt. Still takes the p*ss out of lads less than half his age on a regular basis.

When he came back the second time he was immense so go knows what he was like first time around. Today he'd be up there just under the bracket of Messi and Ronaldo for me and worth 30m + easily.

Cunt of a bloke though!

Best player I think I'll ever see in the shirt. Still takes the p*ss out of lads less than half his age on a regular basis.

When he came back the second time he was immense so go knows what he was like first time around. Today he'd be up there just under the bracket of Messi and Ronaldo for me and worth 30m + easily.

c*** of a bloke though!

why is he a cunt?

Dunno if I've said it before, but he grew up in our street and was always fine with us after he got famous. Gave stepson 2 a MotM prize, it was some kind of helmet, but the bairn was chuffed. We used to drink with his dad, who wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer tbh, but he was incredibly proud and rightfully so. The guys at the local seem to hate him (Peter, not Sammy) because they're jealous of his money. I find that very odd, but, you know, people can be greedy arseholes.

He totally didn't need to go out of his way to be nice to us, but he did. I like him, so fuck you all.

Dunno if I've said it before, but he grew up in our street and was always fine with us after he got famous. Gave stepson 2 a MotM prize, it was some kind of helmet, but the bairn was chuffed. We used to drink with his dad, who wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer tbh, but he was incredibly proud and rightfully so. The guys at the local seem to hate him (Peter, not Sammy) because they're jealous of his money. I find that very odd, but, you know, people can be greedy arseholes.

He totally didn't need to go out of his way to be nice to us, but he did. I like him, so fuck you all.

Yeah he went totally out of his way for my granddad when he was recovering from illness, too.

He's my step son's God Father (though he probably doesn't remember as we never see him and when we did he didn't recognise him) but he's a just a canny lad, he's not the brightest and he's doing what he needs to make his money. His We knew his brother Ronnie better, Ronnie travelled all over to see him play and loved it.

He gets grief for seemingly to support Ashley but he's just looking after himself. The bloke was a fantastic player and loves the club, nowt wrong with that.

Gave your son his special helmet and you still like him, eh?  :azn:

:lol: Gave it to Mrs n, it's all fine. She's the sociable one. Honestly, he's really nice. Conducted himself well at Sammy's funeral too, as did his bro, who I think lives in the US now. There was some awful stuff about his sis who drank herself to death really young, didn't want to delve too much into that, happened in the dad's house, must have been horrible.

He's my step son's God Father (though he probably doesn't remember as we never see him and when we did he didn't recognise him) but he's a just a canny lad, he's not the brightest and he's doing what he needs to make his money. His We knew his brother Ronnie better, Ronnie travelled all over to see him play and loved it.

He gets grief for seemingly to support Ashley but he's just looking after himself. The bloke was a fantastic player and loves the club, nowt wrong with that.

Big :thup: Yeah, Ronnie was his bro, I now remember. I'll quiz the Mrs tomorrow for more info, she was here while I was working, the lucky cow.

He talks shite about Ashley but seemed really nice guy. I met him when I was 6 in 95/96 and I told him he's my favourite player but we didn't have a camera with us, so he took my name and address and sent me a signed photo. Encountered him a few other times too and always had time.

Yeah he went totally out of his way for my granddad when he was recovering from illness, too.

What happened there like? We should rehabilitate Peter's rep.

Forgive the dreadful grammar.

Meant to post this months ago

My grandad (a lifelong nufc fan) had a stroke in the summer, wasn't well at all for a while but thankfully made a full recovery. We have a fair few friends inside the club, President of corporate hospitality is a very good friend with my grandparents.

Anyway, back in october my grandad had knock at the door and who should it be but Beardsley. Our pals had apparently had a word and he was happy to oblige. He stayed and talked football with them for over an hour, gave my grandad one of his captain's armbands, loads of signed photos etc.

Too bloke, didn't have to do any of that, suspect he does it a fair bit with no fanfare whatsoever. Has been my favourite nufc player since I was 7. Seems he's as good a person as he was a player, legend

Big :thup: Yeah, Ronnie was his bro, I now remember. I'll quiz the Mrs tomorrow for more info, she was here while I was working, the lucky cow.

Sadly passed away a couple of months ago did Ronnie.l

Sadly passed away a couple of months ago did Ronnie.l

Ah, shit. Didn't know that. I wish nobody I know would die. Think I won't bring it up now, she's already fretting about mortality so I'll be chipper in the morning instead. Fuck's sake.

• 3 months later...