Let's talk about Steve Bruce... (Vote again)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is like final dance at the end of the night where the bong eyed 18 stone heffa finally pulls.

Desperate fuks.

LOL, funniest analogy of the year. However I think we are desperate enough for a shag that we'll consider anything right now. Lets hope we don't wake up in the morning to find we've made a terrible mistake.

This is like final dance at the end of the night where the bong eyed 18 stone heffa finally pulls.

Desperate fuks.

LOL, funniest analogy of the year. However I think we are desperate enough for a shag that we'll consider anything right now. Lets hope we don't wake up in the morning to find we've made a terrible mistake.

To be fair we have bedded enough stunners that turned out to be bunny boilers, boring as hell or commitment-a-phobes that or they had ego's that were unbearable to live with, granted we shafted one or two good ones in more ways than one. Some people just have no luck in love.

• 3 months later...

So anyone changed their mind?

Personally I'd be fairly happy with Bruce in charge. He's nothing amazing, but if you want an example that he gets sides punching above their weight take a look at Wigan flying high in seventh.

Don't get me wrong he wouldn't be my first choice but if he was to throw his hat in the ring I'd certainly back him. The problem is people set there sights far too high for this club, consolidating with a couple of mid table finishes over the next couple of seasons would be a good outcome for us, Bruce could just be the man to do help with this solidifying process.

Thoughts?

I don't think there are many quality managers out there that we could attract at the moment.

Some of our fans are deluded about who we can get though.

Not what you were saying when you blamed the fans for Kinnear coming in.

I don't think there are many quality managers out there that we could attract at the moment.

What's that got to do with anything? Particularly in this thread?

Not what you were saying when you blamed the fans for Kinnear coming in.

There were a few interested like Duchamps and Terim, not many though, funnily enough that's why I said not many.

I'd be happy with either Sven or Jol but some of our fans will think of them as not good enough.

What's that got to do with anything? Particularly in this thread?

Because people will look down their nose at the likes of Bruce while hoping for managers that our simply out of our reach, like the Chronicle poll where people wanted Mourinho to replace Allardyce, even Mort had to come out and give people a reality check.

Guest firetotheworks

Ive asked this on another thread but I'll ask it here too. Do you reckon thinking we could get Sven is deluded? Im really not sure if Im being daft or not.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd have Steve Bruce, he gets a lot of stick from our fans but he's much better than Kinnear, much better.

A brick is better than Kinnear.

After some thought you're right, a brick would not be able to put Nicky Butt in the starting 11.

I'd sooner see this brick in the starting 11 than Butt. Would certainly move more, anyway.

This brick you speak of must be like the "inanimate carbon rod!" from the Simpsons :lol:

http://www.thephantomcity.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/20070629simpsonscarbonrod.jpg

Guest Howaythetoon

After some thought you're right, a brick would not be able to put Nicky Butt in the starting 11.

Every manager apart from Souness has made Butt a regular in the team tbf.

Ironically it was Souness who tried to install a new midfield at the club. He bought the right type of player in Parker and Emre but for whatever reason they simply didn't add up, although they would both walk into our midfield today, that's how shite ours is.

Ironically it was Souness who tried to install a new midfield at the club. He bought the right type of player in Parker and Emre but for whatever reason they simply didn't add up, although they would both walk into our midfield today, that's how s**** ours is.

Parker would walk into the midfield, Emre wouldn't as he'd be injured.