Joe Kinnear

Skirge

Guest Darth Toon

In today's Chronic, it says he's drawing up a transfer list, just in case he's still in charge come the January transfer window!  ???

Even if he was, how much is he gonna be able to spend if the club is still in a state of flux, with a potential sale either going through, or still potentially just a round the corner?

With all due respect to Kinnear, if we are taken over beforehand, I can't see the new owners keeping him on much beyond his 8 match 'contract'.

And more importantly, don't he know that transfers isn't part of his job?

Let's just hope he doesn't walk out when he finds out!

seems to be a lot of Kinnear quotes about, this one dont exactly fill me with confidense

Newcastle United boss Joe Kinnear says local lads Shola Ameobi and Steven Taylor will be a key part of his team in the coming weeks.

He said: “I have been working with the defence all week and I have been saying to Tayls that I want him to be more vocal, to have more presence and to organise the back four.

“He’s got a great future ahead of him in the game and this is a great chance for him to show us what he can do. Shola Ameobi is another one. He’s got enormous potential – he’s a big strong athletic lad and if we can sort out his head he could be awesome for us.

“I know people have said some things about the lad but this is his chance. He’ll get fantastic service from quality players in this team and my message to him is that he can be a real handful if he believes in himself. It’s an incredible opportunity for him.”

I think Shola might just fit in with the way JFK wants to set his team out. Shola can be a handful on his game which is admittedly on very few occasions. Kinnear will soon find out I expect, but who knows...maybe Kinnear will get something out of him for a couple of games?

I think Shola might just fit in with the way JFK wants to set his team out. Shola can be a handful on his game which is admittedly on very few occasions. Kinnear will soon find out I expect, but who knows...maybe Kinnear will get something out of him for a couple of games?

Roeder managed to - Shola stuck in a few goals after Roeder first took over. Then his hip needed sorting and he's been a non event since. Even when he was regularly sticking the ball in the net he was still as irritating as f*ck to watch though.

seems to be a lot of Kinnear quotes about, this one dont exactly fill me with confidense

Newcastle United boss Joe Kinnear says local lads Shola Ameobi and Steven Taylor will be a key part of his team in the coming weeks.

He said: “I have been working with the defence all week and I have been saying to Tayls that I want him to be more vocal, to have more presence and to organise the back four.

“He’s got a great future ahead of him in the game and this is a great chance for him to show us what he can do. Shola Ameobi is another one. He’s got enormous potential – he’s a big strong athletic lad and if we can sort out his head he could be awesome for us.

“I know people have said some things about the lad but this is his chance. He’ll get fantastic service from quality players in this team and my message to him is that he can be a real handful if he believes in himself. It’s an incredible opportunity for him.”

How can that not fill you with confidence?  If Keegan says something similar about squad players that we don't all rate, which he did on several occasions, then he gets hailed as a great motivator.

I don't rate Ameobi or Taylor that highly, but I can't disagree with too much of what Kinear says there or, more importantly, his reasons for saying it.

I wish everyone would stop trying to put a negative spin on every fucking piece of news or quote that we get (no specifically aimed at you dilligaf)

He said: I have been working with the defence all week and I have been saying to Tayls that I want him to be more vocal, to have more presence and to organise the back four.

Hes got a great future ahead of him in the game and this is a great chance for him to show us what he can do. Shola Ameobi is another one. Hes got enormous potential hes a big strong athletic lad and if we can sort out his head he could be awesome for us.

I know people have said some things about the lad but this is his chance. Hell get fantastic service from quality players in this team and my message to him is that he can be a real handful if he believes in himself. Its an incredible opportunity for him.

How can that not fill you with confidence?  If Keegan says something similar about squad players that we don't all rate, which he did on several occasions, then he gets hailed as a great motivator.

I don't rate Ameobi or Taylor that highly, but I can't disagree with too much of what Kinear says there or, more importantly, his reasons for saying it.

I wish everyone would stop trying to put a negative spin on every fucking piece of news or quote that we get (no specifically aimed at you dilligaf)

Oh I agree about the negative spin all the time, and that hes just trying to boost certain players confidence, its just the Ameobi - Potential and esp the 'will be a key part' that doesnt give me much confidence

Oh I agree about the negative spin all the time, and that hes just trying to boost certain players confidence, its just the Ameobi - Potential and esp the 'will be a key part' that doesnt give me much confidence

Oh I agree, but if we have to call on Ameobi then it's a good idea for Joe to build him up like this than saying what we all really think of him.

"You might be complete horse shit Shola, although admittedly the shit has a better first touch, but the tea lady was injured in the warm-up so we're going to have to play you".

Looks like Shola for the first hour, and then Xisco.

It's worth a go. Shola puts himself about a bit, and can be difficult to stop in certain situations. He does tire, and Xisco with his pace might do well for the last half hour.

It's no good pretending we've got Berbatov or Torres to choose from.

Simon Bird sounds like a complete dick on the audio, what a knob. Like he should be telling Joe when to come in and when to meet the players.

Seemed like that just from reading the transcript. Sounds like an utter twat.