Joe Kinnear

Skirge

Have to say like, it's embarassing. He just comes out as like a little stubborn charver. Problem is, he doesn't seem to be basing his rant on much. If he'd endured it for months I could understand it. But it's been a week of fairly mild criticism by our standards. 

You're missing his basic point, which that they're on his back writing s**** about him before he's even got going.

I'm just saying I think it comes across as childish, personally. I'd much prefer him to sit there and fire the players up in a positive manner, rather than hurling abuse at a bunch of journalists. That's just my opinion. I don't think for a second that the players will think this is positive. The majority (especially senior players) will think he comes across as a bit of a joke.

But it was a press conference, not a training session.

You're actually saying the same as the hacks: "Why is he doing this when he should be doing that?"

I'm not saying the same as the hacks at all. I'm just saying I don't think the players will be fired up by this, as some are saying. I think it may well work the opposite way (if it doesn't and we win on Sunday, I'll happily hold my hands up and say I was wrong) but I just think he sounds like a smaller man for it.

They hardly looked fired up before it did they? So what has Joe got to lose by this? Fuck all in fact.

In the circumstances, I can't see that JK having a go at the hacks will do any harm at all. Firstly, it wasn't a rant. He didn't lose his temper, and was in control of himself, which was important. It was a deliberate decision on his part to tell those blokes what he thought.

Amidst all the negativity and fear that surrounds the place, he was showing that he wasn't afraid of the situation. I think that can rub off on the players.

In the circumstances, I can't see that JK having a go at the hacks will do any harm at all. Firstly, it wasn't a rant. He didn't lose his temper, and was in control of himself, which was important. It was a deliberate decision on his part to tell those blokes what he thought.

Amidst all the negativity and fear that surrounds the place, he was showing that he wasn't afraid of the situation. I think that can rub off on the players.

The players were never under attack from the media, the only thing affecting them right now is the hurricane in the goldfish bowl that was being caused by other parties, ie the board and the management. Kinnear has huffed and puffed and made the hurricane much worse.

In fact, here is the most severe criticism of the players this week:

After just a few days in the Tyneside hot seat, Kinnear has admitted he has struggled to get his forthright message across to his players in the dressing room, because the majority cannot understand him.

Kinnear said: 'Every manager has a way of motivating a player, telling them to do this or do that. I've told Xisco ''you're not making the runs, you're not getting to the near post - Damien Duff is putting all these crosses in and you've not been on the end of one of them".

'So I stop training and I say "Now, why are you there? Why aren't you attacking that run? Why are you outside the box when you're job is to be inside the box putting it in the net?" You can do that with an English player immediately.

Definitely one way to go about splitting the dressing room there in my opinion.

The players were never under attack from the media, the only thing affecting them right now is the hurricane in the goldfish bowl that was being caused by other parties, ie the board and the management. Kinnear has huffed and puffed and made the hurricane much worse.

After just a few days in the Tyneside hot seat, Kinnear has admitted he has struggled to get his forthright message across to his players in the dressing room, because the majority cannot understand him.

Kinnear said: 'Every manager has a way of motivating a player, telling them to do this or do that. I've told Xisco ''you're not making the runs, you're not getting to the near post - Damien Duff is putting all these crosses in and you've not been on the end of one of them".

'So I stop training and I say "Now, why are you there? Why aren't you attacking that run? Why are you outside the box when you're job is to be inside the box putting it in the net?" You can do that with an English player immediately.

How much evidence was there of any spirit in that dressing room before Kinnear got here? Have you watched the last few matches under Hughton?

How much evidence was there of any spirit in that dressing room before Kinnear got here? Have you watched the last few matches under Hughton?

The spirit previously is irrelevant, it is up to Kinneat to raise it, and from my perceptions of his first week in the office, things are worse, not better, we'll see for sure on Sunday whether there will be any short term effect.

The spirit previously is irrelevant, it is up to Kinneat to raise it, and from my perceptions of his first week in the office, things are worse, not better, we'll see for sure on Sunday whether there will be any short term effect.

I don't see how things are worse than they were just over a week ago.

I don't see how things are worse than they were just over a week ago.

Neither do I, Mick. But melonhead clearly wants to be different - the silly boy. :nope:

Press conference with Scolari was hilarious.

Reporter: "On the subject of British coaches and the media, would you ever swear 52 times at a Press conferece?"

Scolari: "Huh?"

Reporter: "Joe Kinnear's controversial press conference..."

Scolari: "Who? I do not know him..."

Chelsea Press Officer: "Joe Kinnear is the manager of Newcastle"

Scolari: "Coach? I did not know that. I do not know him..."

:lol:

For me...Kinnear has simply made quotes, that are the equivalent to what every Newcastle fan is thinking. He has fucked off the press, and good on him. The only way he was going to gain support from the fans without playing games was to do that, because tbh no-one was exactly ecstatic about his appointment. If he causes a bit of a stir up I couldn't care a shite as long as we perform. Today we performed...averagely...but with a bit of fight, which resulted in us clawing ourselves back from what appeared to be another worrying defeat.

What difference does it make if he does slate them, they victimise the North East anyways, only now they have a reason to. Fuck the press.

As long as we have a bit of fight and pull ourselves out of this mess I couldn't give a toss. At 2-1/2-2 when our support chanted "Newcastle United Will Never Be Defeated!" that said enough to me.

When backs are to the walls you have to come out fighting, and I think that's exactly what his press conference did, it gave us a bit of fight back. So hopefully it will continue and we can climb up the league!

I look forward to after the city match. We get Barton back and maybe by then Gutierrez will be hundred to play.

imagine our midfield.

Gutierrez-Barton-Guthrie-N'Zogbia

Owen-XISCO/SHOLA/DUFFER

would maybe even win a game!

JOE KINNEAR will NOT try to bring any free-contract players to St James’s Park during his spell as interim manager of Newcastle United.

Instead, Kinnear admits he is “happy” with the United squad he has inherited from Kevin Keegan.

With the transfer window closed until January 1, the only players Kinnear could add to what is considered a paper-thin squad in many quarters would be those out of contract.

However, he said today: “I have had a long look at UEFA’s list of players who are out of contract and available to join other clubs. It is actually a massive list.

“It is full of players who have only played two games for their clubs, and these are not the sort of players I want for Newcastle United.

“Those type of players are not going to improve us and, to tell the truth, I already have better players here – even those who are on the fringe of the first team.”

Kinnear does have long-term injury casualties in Obafemi Martins, Alan Smith and Mark Viduka.

However, he believes Jonas Gutierrez, Habib Beye, Andy Carroll and Ignacio Gonzalez will all be back in the picture by the time Manchester City arrive at St James’s Park a week tonight.

He added: “If I can get some of those players back it would be a big boost, especially as Danny Guthrie is back with us again after his suspension. I am happy with the squad I have.

“Don’t forget I can also include Joey Barton in our squad by the time we go to Sunderland on October 25 if I want him.”

To be fair to Kinnear, it looks as though he has rekindled Shola Ameobi’s career at St James’s after the 26-year-old striker – the leading scorer on the present staff – looked to be down and very much out.

With Viduka a long-term absentee and Xisco not looking the finished article, Ameobi could still have a big part to play this season.

Kinnear said: “There is a lot about Shola’s game I like, and I have been working with him on a one-to-one basis in the last week.”

To be fair to Kinnear, it looks as though he has rekindled Shola Ameobi’s career at St James’s after the 26-year-old striker – the leading scorer on the present staff – looked to be down and very much out.

He's 27 since yesterday though. He'll probably still be seen as a prospect by some people in the game after recovering from getting his artificial hip and playing for the Newcastle General Hospital geriatrics XI in 40 years time...

Go on Joe lad, tell Simon Bird exactly what he is. Long overdue.

http://issue.monkeymag.co.uk/1A48e6304bb442f012.cde/page/5

Joe Kinnear 'will be in charge for months'

Oct 17 2008 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NICKY BUTT says he expects Joe Kinnear to be in charge of the Magpies for at least another two or three months.

With talk of a potential sale still very much in the air on Tyneside, Toon players are blocking out the political situation in order to climb the Premier League table, with United still in the relegation zone.

On Monday night against Manchester City, the former Wimbledon boss will take his seat in the dugout at St James’s Park for the first time after serving an FA ban that confined him to the stands against Blackburn and Everton.

And with Kinnear set to take complete charge of his first game against Mark Hughes’ side, Butt was in an upbeat mood ahead of the Man City game.

He said today: “We know he’s going to be here for at least two or three months and it’s a way of moving forward.

“Although it’s not a perfect scenario, he’s come in for what’s going to be a difficult job for him and he’s done well so far.

“You judge a man on his results and if we keep doing as well as we did in the second half against Everton we’ll be OK.

“To be fair to Chris Hughton, he did a good job and it was just unfortunate that we were getting results we didn’t deserve.”

Kinnear’s input in United’s last outing at Everton two weeks ago was evident with United unlucky not to pick up three points after a sterling fightback from 2-0 down.

Now Butt would like to see more of the courage shown on Merseyside as he gets to grips with his old derby rivals from his Man United days.

He added: “Joe’s come in now, and although it wasn’t a great performance against Everton, especially in the first half, we showed a bit of courage and came good in the second half.

“It’s only early days, and we’ll see at the end of the time he’s here.”

“At the minute Manchester City are on a high, and you can see all the things that are going to go for them in the future.”