Keegan Shearer partnership once club is sold?

Guest hindu times

At least if Keegan and Shearer come in and it royally fucks up with them given the right backing, we can shift both out and finally move out of their collective shadows.

Personally I think they'd do well, but if not we can move on from both once and for all. Win/win IMO.

At least if Keegan and Shearer come in and it royally fucks up with them given the right backing, we can shift both out and finally move out of their collective shadows.

Personally I think they'd do well, but if not we can move on from both once and for all. Win/win IMO.

I agree

Although looking at that bit in bold seems so far away for now

I'm praying that this happens. Nothing more would make me happier than to see new owners put Keegan and or Big Al in charge. Don't care abotu moving on and all that, its my opininion that all will be okay (i hope) if KK came back.

What a story that would be...

KEEGAN RETURNS AS MANAGER

Best show on earth.

6 games would take us into November, not the start of october. WTF?¬?¬?¬

It is possible Kinnear has been given an eight game contract, both as a contingency against delays, but also as part of some guaranteed financial benefit for it to be worth Kinnear's while.

and its good that it came from Kinnear and not a "club source" or "insider".....i must say im feeling positive about things today.

win tomorrow and things will pick up. we're only 5 games into the season and winning tomorrow can fire us up the league. im hoping that once this is sorted we'll have fulfilled our "annual crisis" criteria for the media and we can crack on with the season  :thup:

Guest icemanblue

God if this happens!, then we are really going down the hill.

totally agree

this fill's me with the most dread

What else would lift spirits sufficiently to see us through this mess? How the fuck can it fill you with dread?!

I'm all for it, personally.

totally agree

Whoever puts Keegan/Shearer in charge will have to back them with money, and if you can buy good players you really have to be a shit manager not to make significant improvement to the team. I would think they'll do ok.

Guest neesy111

it would make the club look 10x more stupid than it looks now

the only positive is that when they get sacked or resign, they can't be considered to be at the club again

it would make the club look 10x more stupid than it looks now

the only positive is that when they get sacked or resign, they can't be considered to be at the club again

We've already done that and who cares if we look stupid?

I couldn't give a fuck what other people think, I want what's best for this club and that is the only thing that could be.

totally agree

Why take KK back when every decent manager in the land wants the job eh? The fact that we've been knocked back by Venables and we've stooped to appointing Kinnear should show you how unattractive this job has become.

No manager of any worth wants to be here. We could do worse than to offer the job back to KK who reluctantly left and IMO loves the club. Wether or not he'd return is another matter.

totally agree

Why take KK back when every decent manager in the land wants the job eh? The fact that we've been knocked back by Venables and we've stooped to appointing Kinnear should show you how unattractive this job has become.

No manager of any worth wants to be here. We could do worse than to offer the job back to KK who reluctantly left and IMO loves the club. Wether or not he'd return is another matter.

We're down to the likes of Venables and Kinnear because the club is up for sale and no manager will come here without any sort of job security, before the protests and Ashley telling everyone he wants to sell we had the likes of Terin, Deschamps and Zico putting their names forward.

But the Irishman hinted that he expects Keegan to take the reins again once a takeover of the club has been sealed.

"I am aware that the new owners have Kevin Keegan and possibly Alan Shearer parked around the corner," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"I understand investors are about to buy the club, (current owner) Mike Ashley told me openly. I will be here for 6-8 games."

i hope thats "six to eight games" and wasn't a misheard "sixty eight games"

I don't see a problem with giving Shearer a go. He's in the Hughes and Keane mould, from the same era and has the same stature so would command respect. Rather him than the utter failures we're always left with.

I'd take it as a bit of a slap in the face, placating whilst patronising us "brainless supporters" that only want Geordie heroes in charge and alienate and condemn anyone from anywhere else especially from the South.

Oh know actually for the most part that is what we are.

Keegan with Shearer as assistant makes sense, no one else would want it, no else would be supported and as soon as Keegan bottles it Shearer will be there to take over.

We're absolutely banking on Keegan having the managerial skill to eventually get us into the top 4, becasue if heavy ivestement does come in - and we dont eventually get there as a result then the nufc manager merry-go-round will start all over again - it'll be like Shepherd never left.

Welcome back to 2004.