Everton vs NUFC - 05/10/08 - pre-match thread

Dave

When 2 struggling teams play each other the result is always up in the air. Score first and I'd fancy us to go on and win it - If Everton score first we'll crumble.

First goal wins it imo. :neutral:

Can we just play first goal the winner then? Can have an extra hour or so in the pub then

Lets play goalie in and out, as well. :lol:

I'm in. Let's roll.

When 2 struggling teams play each other the result is always up in the air. Score first and I'd fancy us to go on and win it - If Everton score first we'll crumble.

Can we just play first goal the winner then? Can have an extra hour or so in the pub then

Suits me!  :lol:

I've honestly got no clue as to how it's going to go. I'd probably go with the home team advantage though.  :undecided:

Suits me!  :lol:

I've honestly got no clue as to how it's going to go. I'd probably go with the home team advantage though.  :undecided:

Hah, good'un.

That was a joke, right?

Guest Stephen927

Hope we can snatch a draw or a win and build on that. It's a good time to play them, but they'll also be thinking it's a good time to play us.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Kinnear will play:

Given

Geremi Taylor Coloccini Enrique

Duff Butt Guthrie N'Zogbia

Ameobi Owen

A decent side, if you ignore everything on the right half of the pitch.

Guest Chubby Jason

I'd play:

Given

Coloccini Taylor Bassong Enrique

Geremi Guthrie N'Zogbia

Owen

Duff Xisco

Kinnear won't though.

Duff as an out-and-out striker rather than Owen??  :nope:

I'd play:

Given

Geremi Guthrie N'Zogbia

Owen

Duff Xisco

Kinnear won't though.

Duff as an out-and-out striker rather than Owen??  :nope:

It's basically the 4-3-3 from last season poorly laid out. Duff in the Martins roaming role is what i'm assuming James means. I'd like to see that aswell; it's essentially pointless even talking about that formation anymore though - as class as it was - Keegan left a month ago.

Meanwhile, i'm scared to death of Kinnear's alleged love for Butt, Duff and Shola. Just about the three members of the squad i dislike the most.

Anyhow, 2-1 to Everton i would have thought. It's Goodison ffs; we'd have lost this game if we had a full squad aswell as Keegan.

Kinnear will play:

Given

Geremi Taylor Coloccini Enrique

Ameobi Owen

A decent side, if you ignore everything on the right half of the pitch.

Geremi's decent enough at right back I think. The only changes I'd make would probably be Xisco in for Shola and Bassong in for Taylor.

The Ghostbusters Motto sums this kind of situation up for me tomorrow....

"Does your team have a problem? Are they making you tense, nervous and giving you sleepless nights? Can't see where the next win is coming from? We are the solution to your problem. We are the NUFC. Guaranteed 3 points coming right up."

Then again we could win 6-0 knowing us lot.  :clap2:

This threads a little quiet so close to KO. I'd go with:

Given

Geremi Colo Bassong Enrique

Owen Xisco

Though, I reckon Taylor will be in for Bassong, and Ameobi will be in for Xisco.

Souey & Speed the talking heads on this match.

Will GS stick the knife in again?

Souness will probably pick up on the fans reaction to Keegan walking out that has forced Ashley to sell and left the club in limbo.

I remember him slagging us off on Irish radio about how the fans think we should be at the top every year even though we haven't won fuck all for ages.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tSqn7IU6S7A

Given

Geremi Guthrie N'Zogbia

Owen

Duff Xisco

Id play like this and tell Duff and Owen to rotate to suit themselves, cant see it happening though.

This teams needed a stable manager and with Kinnear there our cause is greatly helped. Im also sure hes been drilling instructions (and who knows, maybe abit of passion) into the lads all week. Lets go there and fucking have em!

2-0 to Everton

How about we don't play by far our best center-half at right-back?

It'll be a regular 4-4-2 anyway, much as I'd love us to move Owen back into the hole and stick Xisco and Duff up top it's not going to happen.

Guest LucaAltieri

Souey & Speed the talking heads on this match.

Will GS stick the knife in again?

Souness will probably pick up on the fans reaction to Keegan walking out that has forced Ashley to sell and left the club in limbo.

I remember him slagging us off on Irish radio about how the fans think we should be at the top every year even though we haven't won fuck all for ages.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tSqn7IU6S7A

He's a tosser and was a shite manager for us... but he's partly right with his opinion of the fans.

"...It should be a fabulous club, but they all have to take a deep breath and count to ten, the supporters, and say to themselves 'we've got to give somebody a chance.' As far as I can see there's only Kevin or Alan Shearer who'll be given anything like the time needed to turn that club into a powerful club..."