Mind your language

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

It's a shame that a thread like this had to be tarred by NM's post. Of course he has every right to air his opinions, but it's a shame some people can't see the logic behind Kinnear's actions so far. JFK realises that something drastic needs be done, and is trying to do it. I hope and believe we'll see a different Newcastle United outfit on Sunday (in plain view of Sky cameras).

Roll on Sunday

It's a shame that a thread like this had to be tarred by NM's post. Of course he has every right to air his opinions, but it's a shame some people can't see the logic behind Kinnear's actions so far. JFK realises that something drastic needs be done, and is trying to do it. I hope and believe we'll see a different Newcastle United outfit on Sunday (in plain view of Sky cameras).

Roll on Sunday

:pow:

Roll on Sunday

:pow:

:smitten: love you too baby

Aside from the love-in, could someone quickly drum up a JFK poster with his face in place of Chuck Norris' with some bad-ass captions?

I actually think there is a lot more to this than would appear, JK having a go at the press. TBH it's not been as bad as JK is implying. Where I think he is being very clever is trying to a) get the fans on his side, standing up to the press is an excellent way of doing that, just look at the respect he's gotten in this thread b) respect from the players, they hate journos and if they see there boss having a real go at them, they'll know he's in their corner and be prepared to fight for him c) creating an "us against the world" mentality, like he had a Wimbledon.

The interview is fanstatic entertainment but at the same time extremely clever of Kinnear, I think he's gone about things exactly the right way so far, good on him.

this

He seems like such a relaxed,  laid back kinda guy that I can't figure out how he had those heart problems a few years ago.

Guest bluegeordie

From what I've read of this thread, I realise that I'm going against the grain here, but imo JFK's comments are the managerial equivalent of Guthrie's red-card tackle against Hull - that is, while it's kind of understandable and certainly satisfying to lash out at a "cunt", it's a dumb idea to do it in a way that is reckless and out of control. No, for me Kinnear could have conveyed the same point in a more forceful manner had he maintained his composure, and got his facts straight (presuming that the journo was correct about the timing of Kinnear's "bollocks" comment, in relation to the appearance of that word in the press ... something which Kinnear didn't seem to challenge).         

More generally, I think that JFK's appointment is simply another example of the ineptitude of the Ashley regime. After all, why appoint a (very) short term manager when he already faces a touchline ban? During a delicate transitional stage, why appoint a blabber mouth who will take it upon himself to reveal whatever he thinks he knows about ongoing negotiations to sell the club (ie. the number of consortiums involved in the bidding process, the lining-up of Keegan and Shearer etc)? Why appoint a manager with next to no experience in dealing with players who don't speak English to look after a multilingual squad? And finally, why appoint someone who is prepared to air the dirty laundry of players (Xisco's non-existent near post runs) in public, when by his own admission those players are already drastically low on confidence?

No imo the sooner JFK, well, fucks off, and we get a more professional and capable manager into the hotseat, the better.   

Guest toonlass

If you actually listen to it though, you will here Simon Bird getting all up in the air, while Joe, for the main sounds quite composed.

From what I've read of this thread, I realise that I'm going against the grain here, but imo JFK's comments are the managerial equivalent of Guthrie's red-card tackle against Hull - that is, while it's kind of understandable and certainly satisfying to lash out at a "c***", it's a dumb idea to do it in a way that is reckless and out of control. No, for me Kinnear could have conveyed the same point in a more forceful manner had he maintained his composure, and got his facts straight (presuming that the journo was correct about the timing of Kinnear's "bollocks" comment, in relation to the appearance of that word in the press ... something which Kinnear didn't seem to challenge).         

More generally, I think that JFK's appointment is simply another example of the ineptitude of the Ashley regime. After all, why appoint a (very) short term manager when he already faces a touchline ban? During a delicate transitional stage, why appoint a blabber mouth who will take it upon himself to reveal whatever he thinks he knows about ongoing negotiations to sell the club (ie. the number of consortiums involved in the bidding process, the lining-up of Keegan and Shearer etc)? Why appoint a manager with next to no experience in dealing with players who don't speak English to look after a multilingual squad? And finally, why appoint someone who is prepared to air the dirty laundry of players (Xisco's non-existent near post runs) in public, when by his own admission those players are already drastically low on confidence?

No imo the sooner JFK, well, f***s off, and we get a more professional and capable manager into the hotseat, the better.   

You might have missed it but Kinnear was the only one with the balls to take the job on.

Guest bluegeordie
You might have missed it but Kinnear was the only one with the balls to take the job on.

"Balls" or "desperation"? I'd argue the latter.

In fact, I'd actually argue that in the football world there would have been others prepared to take on the role ... but of course we were in a mad hurry to appoint someone who couldn't even sit on the touchline for his first two games in charge.

Funny interview if it was from someone else. Personally think its really unproffessional and not something the club needed, not in that context anyway. Would of had no issue if he'd articulated his criticsims of the press in an eloquent manner but that is ridiculous, what kind of message does that send to the people?

If anything that will focus attention on us as a club and i iamagine sharpen the criticsims of us - will only get more and more tedious.

Poor form!

Guest bluegeordie

If you actually listen to it though, you will here Simon Bird getting all up in the air, while Joe, for the main sounds quite composed.

I agree that the transcript comes across as worse than the actual interview, but I still think that the interview is an amateurish rant, rather than a considered piece of management.

As for the idea that it's all a carefully orchestrated psychological strategy, I think that's being way too generous to JFK.     

"Balls" or "desperation"? I'd argue the latter.

In fact, I'd actually argue that in the football world there would have been others prepared to take on the role ... but of course we were in a mad hurry to appoint someone who couldn't even sit on the touchline for his first two games in charge.

Like who? David O Leary is the only one who comes to mind and he's a prick.

This argument that it's unprofessional or unbecoming is missing the point. We are a laughing stock anyway. We are a shit team playing losing football. If JFK manages to get these players performing well enough to get us a few points I honestly don't care what everyone else thinks. Simon Bird and his press friends can all fuck off. Right off.