Mind your language

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Here is a radio interview with Daily Mirror 'journalist' Simon Bird about the 'attack'. I have to say, Simon Bird comes across as a typical 'butter wouldn't melt in my mouth' cunt, like he's trying to deny that him and his press colleagues are cunts: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7650281.stm

All journalists use the excuse 'I didn't write the headline' when defending their 'stories'. Why don't they have the balls to say to the editor "but that headline isn't true/is misleading/is sensationalist bullshit"?

To be fair, that's simply not how it works. They probably don't see the headlines until they see the paper.

Pretty much. They submit their copy, and immediately move on to the next story. The editor is entitled to do what he wants with it.

Guest Synthespian

Oops.  :doh:

Sorry, just noticed, but I didn't spot the other thread.

At least this "headline" is clear and what it's regarding!  :laugh2:

Guest Synthespian

Here is a radio interview with Daily Mirror 'journalist' Simon Bird about the 'attack'. I have to say, Simon Bird comes across as a typical 'butter wouldn't melt in my mouth' c***, like he's trying to deny that him and his press colleagues are c***s: -

All journalists use the excuse 'I didn't write the headline' when defending their 'stories'. Why don't they have the balls to say to the editor "but that headline isn't true/is misleading/is sensationalist bullshit"?

To be fair, that's simply not how it works. They probably don't see the headlines until they see the paper.

Pretty much. They submit their copy, and immediately move on to the next story. The editor is entitled to do what he wants with it.

So can we string the editor(s) up?

Someone's going for the sensationalism.

It still wouldn't explain the final part about the extra few words after the "bollocks" :D

Here is a radio interview with Daily Mirror 'journalist' Simon Bird about the 'attack'. I have to say, Simon Bird comes across as a typical 'butter wouldn't melt in my mouth' cunt, like he's trying to deny that him and his press colleagues are cunts: -

So their Editors are twats (no surprise there).  The journalists stories are excrement 99.9% of the time (Just see the "The Media: 'We Hate Newcastle United' thread"). The headline usually just tops them off.

I actually think there is a lot more to this than would appear, JK having a go at the press. TBH it's not been as bad as JK is implying. Where I think he is being very clever is trying to a) get the fans on his side, standing up to the press is an excellent way of doing that, just look at the respect he's gotten in this thread b) respect from the players, they hate journos and if they see there boss having a real go at them, they'll know he's in their corner and be prepared to fight for him c) creating an "us against the world" mentality, like he had a Wimbledon.

The interview is fanstatic entertainment but at the same time extremely clever of Kinnear, I think he's gone about things exactly the right way so far, good on him.

Glad someone has finally told the press where to go but how naive was he to do that? Fuel to the fire, all it is.

Well sometimes you just have to do whats right, regardless. A key point he made was that from now on he'll be talking to the 2 local papers (assuming thats the journal and the chron) and the supporters, nobody else. Good on him.

Glad someone has finally told the press where to go but how naive was he to do that? Fuel to the fire, all it is.

Yeah but it's Kinnear's fire.  He's taken the focus off the team's lousy play and put a lot of it on him.  And as afar has said, he's gambling that he can use this to bring his squad together.

Guest johnson293

There's a slightly longer version from the Telegraph, here....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/newcastle/3124831/Joe-Kinnear-press-conference-transcript-Football.html

It expands on the meeting Ashley stuff, and then Kinnear comments on the 'Morcambe and Wise' headlines when he was appointed.

Perhaps he could have done it with a bit more tact, and with a few less expletives, but I think its great that someone working for Newcastle United is tackling these journalists about their reporting.  :clap:

But hell, it is funny that he straight out calls the first guy a c**t!!!!  mackems.gif

Guest icemanblue

I actually think there is a lot more to this than would appear, JK having a go at the press. TBH it's not been as bad as JK is implying. Where I think he is being very clever is trying to a) get the fans on his side, standing up to the press is an excellent way of doing that, just look at the respect he's gotten in this thread b) respect from the players, they hate journos and if they see there boss having a real go at them, they'll know he's in their corner and be prepared to fight for him c) creating an "us against the world" mentality, like he had a Wimbledon.

The interview is fanstatic entertainment but at the same time extremely clever of Kinnear, I think he's gone about things exactly the right way so far, good on him.

I'd go along with that. I wouldn't be too surprised if the whole thing was orchestrated by a certain 'fat cockney'. Clever, though. Very entertaining too!