Mind your language

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Guest Howaythetoon

Funny interview if it was from someone else. Personally think its really unproffessional and not something the club needed, not in that context anyway. Would of had no issue if he'd articulated his criticsims of the press in an eloquent manner but that is ridiculous, what kind of message does that send to the people?

If anything that will focus attention on us as a club and i iamagine sharpen the criticsims of us - will only get more and more tedious.

Poor form!

I cannot quite work out the preoccupation with what others might think of us; who cares?

I personally couldn't give a damn what anyone thinks about the club or us lot as fans but I do have a little bit of self pride and I'd rather our manager dealt with such issues in a professional way. He has a responsibility as a role model and leader of the club to be as professional as he can in every area of his duties. He'd be the first to kick up a stink if a player told him to fuck off because he didn't like being told where to play.

Funny interview if it was from someone else. Personally think its really unproffessional and not something the club needed, not in that context anyway. Would of had no issue if he'd articulated his criticsims of the press in an eloquent manner but that is ridiculous, what kind of message does that send to the people?

If anything that will focus attention on us as a club and i iamagine sharpen the criticsims of us - will only get more and more tedious.

Poor form!

I cannot quite work out the preoccupation with what others might think of us; who cares?

I personally couldn't give a damn what anyone thinks about the club or us lot as fans but I do have a little bit of self pride and I'd rather our manager dealt with such issues in a professional way. He has a responsibility as a role model and leader of the club to be as professional as he can in every area of his duties. He'd be the first to kick up a stink if a player told him to f*** off because he didn't like being told where to play.

Didn't Sir Alex Ferguson have a similar point to make about a reporter/journalist who had been picking on one of his players a few years back? And im pretty sure he made it in a similar way to Joe Kinnear.

Perhaps for his own sake, JK felt he had to do it. He's realised that it's a tough job and they're all just hoping he's going to fail so that they can laugh at the club again. Maybe, in that situation, if he didn't hit back, he'd go under.

Poor form!

I personally couldn't give a damn what anyone thinks about the club or us lot as fans but I do have a little bit of self pride and I'd rather our manager dealt with such issues in a professional way. He has a responsibility as a role model and leader of the club to be as professional as he can in every area of his duties. He'd be the first to kick up a stink if a player told him to f*** off because he didn't like being told where to play.

You would expect the press to be proffessional and present the news in an impartial and accurate way but they patently have not when it comes to us for ages now.

Bird and his pals deserves to have their teeth knocked out not just to be sworn at so JK has gone back up in my estimation for getting stuck into them albeit only verbally.

he's f**kn human, he lashed out and from the comments by these journos "no joe, thats not the way its supposed to be" "thats not our intention" "thats not the way its run' - well than Journos...How IS IT supposed to be run?

Report the facts, the journos don't write for a story-talk paper. Not reporting facts as they are meant to be means you lose your f**kn job. 

I'm a financial analyst, I report incorrect numbers. I am wrong. I am held accountable, if I continue to do it - I am fired.

A journalist reports for a reputable publicaiton, they report incorrect facts with slanted opinions, etc. they are wrong - they should be held accountable, continue to do it - they SHOULD BE fired.

I don't find anything the journos write - a peice of professional writing - they need to be held accountable and in this case, JK can rip them a new one for all I care. He has every right to tell them what he thinks.  Off or on the record.  I'm sure if Sir Alex or KK or whoever the f**k you respect did the exact same thing you would be clapping and approving, and saying "well said."

Im beginning to think people want to see JK fail, and im referring to people on this board. Support the club, those who aren't are making me sick.

The following is an edited transcript of Newcastle interim manager Joe Kinnear's first official press conference yesterday

JK Which one is Simon Bird [Daily Mirror's north-east football writer]?

SB Me.

JK You're a c***.

That's absolutely brilliant. :lol:

People inaccurately write "lol" all the time, but that genuinely made me laugh out loud. Well played, sir.

I'm sure if Sir Alex or KK or whoever the f**k you respect did the exact same thing you would be clapping and approving, and saying "well said."

Im beginning to think people want to see JK fail, and im referring to people on this board.

I'm not seeing that myself. Nearly every response in here is backing him on his comments. He's certainly gone up in my estimation, gone up a lot. As others have said, let's hope it rubs off on the players and they go out against Everton and put in a decent performance.

I like the man's style!

Hopefully it'll get translated word for word so that all our foreign employees understand, and the whole squad realises that it's a them and us situation which might just help us climb the league table.

Guest BudBud

Myself and all the lads at Glasgow had a right good laugh at the Guardian full page today.... I personaly loved the opening line, Who is Simon Bird? .. Me... You're a Cunt.

Too fucking right, about time somone had a go at them.

I'm sure if Sir Alex or KK or whoever the f**k you respect did the exact same thing you would be clapping and approving, and saying "well said."

Im beginning to think people want to see JK fail, and im referring to people on this board.

I'm not seeing that myself. Nearly every response in here is backing him on his comments. He's certainly gone up in my estimation, gone up a lot. As others have said, let's hope it rubs off on the players and they go out against Everton and put in a decent performance.

hah...you're right, i read through the posts again - maybe i'm just angry at negativity of a few people and what I'm reading on other boards from newcastle supporters and people who have no idea what we have gone through.

i agree though, i support the hell out of him now. even just for the sheer determination and fire to him.

Newcastle United in it's great big fat entirety is sat on it's arse feeling sorry for itself. Everything about it is doom, gloom and miserable. "Oh woe is us!!" is the cry. "We need a hero to save us from the abyss." So over the hill comes a bloke called Joe. A man on a mission. "Now is not the time for whispered words or understanding" he reasons. "Now is the time to stand up against the forces of evil. Now is the time to take names and cast out false prophets. Now is the time is to take no shit from non believers. Now is the time to rally the troops and the ragtag and bobtail that follow them. Now is the time to get stuck in and win some fucking games........"

Good luck Joe. Take no prisoners.

Guest toonlass

It'll never end.  It just changes.

We'll find some stability soon enough.

Aye we have only been looking for some since 1996!  O0

Poor form!

Didn't Sir Alex Ferguson have a similar point to make about a reporter/journalist who had been picking on one of his players a few years back? And im pretty sure he made it in a similar way to Joe Kinnear.

:thup: Juan Sebastian Veron. He went f*cking mental!