Mind your language

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

I'm liking this guy the more I hear about him.

ditto, glad to see someone addressing the bad press we get face to face.

it's ironic that i posted a while back asking if keegan was going to have to form a crazy gang / sex pistols 'no one likes us and we don't care' mentality, that we get joe kinnear who is doing exactly that

Not saying he is the long-term answer, but Kinnear is exactly the kind of personality we need in charge of Newcastle - mature enough to see the big picture, stick in when things go wrong and tells it like it is.

None of this 'he's a Geordie' or 'he loves the club and knows the fans' bollocks - just a competent man with bags of experience.

At the risk of sounding all holier-than-thou I don't think that using foul language equates to being a great manager, motivator or successful. Yeah, it's nice to know that he 'doesn't give a s***' but I can't help but feel that someone like SBR would be shaking his head in despair at this kind of management style.

fully agree Cat

But at the moment i think it matches the mood of the fans.

I dont particularly like a manger whose mouth makes even a foul mouthed git like me cringe but i just cant help but think, is this the right image we want for the club atm?

At the risk of sounding all holier-than-thou I don't think that using foul language equates to being a great manager, motivator or successful. Yeah, it's nice to know that he 'doesn't give a s***' but I can't help but feel that someone like SBR would be shaking his head in despair at this kind of management style.

fully agree Cat

I dont particularly like a manger whose mouth makes even a foul mouthed git like me cringe but i just cant help but think, is this the right image we want for the club atm?

I bet even Bobby wasn't above the odd rant though, no manager could be.

Like what I'm hearing from Joe, even if it is a move to create a 'them versus us' atmosphere, it's a good move. We don't need to be worrying about the 'image of the club' at the moment, we just need someone to kick arses and get some points on the board.

fully agree Cat

I really don't know. All I know is that I completely cringed all the way through reading the transcript of that exchange with the journalist and he sounded like an embarrassing drunken uncle who spoils anything decent they have to say by sounding like an ill-educated nutter.

fully agree Cat

I don't think it's as daft as it sounds. Kinnear has seen a dresing room full of white flag wavers and this is an attempt to create a siege mentality...a rallying cry of sorts. Joe's coming out swinging in the only way he can and if it gets his team up for it on Sunday he won't be worried about the niceties.

Hmmm...when I was devising my signature this wasn't exactly what I had in mind :lol:

fully agree Cat

I really don't know. All I know is that I completely cringed all the way through reading the transcript of that exchange with the journalist and he sounded like an embarrassing drunken uncle who spoils anything decent they have to say by sounding like an ill-educated nutter.

the trick is to listen to what is being said rather than the way it is said.

(sounds condascending i know but the majority of people can't do it, i've learned to do it  through necessity and may let you know why one day)

I find it funny how a journalist was telling him to go and read the message board! ;D At least they must all know what we think of them and their stories. Joe would just come on here and it would help back up his view of the press.

Guest Darth Toon

JK Which one is Simon Bird [Daily Mirror's north-east football writer]?

SB Me.

JK You're a cunt.

SB Thank you.

:lol:

fully agree Cat

I think that's exactly what they need to be told, they've screwed this club around for far too long, about time somebody told them what for. Don't think they're shrinking little violets wilting in the corner because they've had a good talking to. If they think they'll be banned from press conference they'll soon change their tune and that's a fact.

It reminds me of watching Arthur Scargill at Durham Miners Gala all those years ago. There was a posse of press men beside the stage, he turned to them and said "it's appropriate you're all together because I can tell you collectively, you're the scum of the earth" - you can imagine the cheer that got and things haven't changed, they ARE the scum of the earth.

Tell it like it is JFK.

Hi,

Liverpool fan here been indulging in a bit of Wenger voyeurism on your forums for the last few weeks.

I just wanted to say what a top bloke Mr Kinnear is turning out to be already. I really hope he does well for you in the games he gets.

It's about time someone told the twats in the press what a bunch they are.

Good luck for the future.

on the back of kinnears outburst and spurs denying tapping up mark hughes...is it time the clubs stood up properly to the press. I'm talking calling them liars and pursuing through the courts if necessary ?

on the back of kinnears outburst and spurs denying tapping up mark hughes...is it time the clubs stood up properly to the press. I'm talking calling them liars and pursuing through the courts if necessary ?

If I was a club, I would honestly pay a couple of hundred grand a year for a person or two full time on this.

They would be like anti-PR, and their job would be to find false statements in the press and take legal action on it. I reckon they'd pay for themselves over a season!

Guest toonlass

Absolutely brilliant! Its about time someone from Newcastle United told the press in no uncertain terms where to go. We have been saying it on here for the past year. Certain elements of the press have absolutely slated Newcastle for the past year relentlessly. JFK comes in, tells them all to fuck off, stop writing shite and that he is only going to talk to a couple of journos, and that the others can print what they like but it will be going to the lawyers. BRILLIANT!

The more I see, hear and read about JFK the more I think he can do something in the short term for us, and if he can blow the negative feelings out of the dressing room with the same sort of attitude and get the lads into a fighting spirit then all the better.

He just needs to watch it with Barton, if he gives a pre-match team talk like that Barton will be coming out the tunnel like  :frantic: and it will be bitch slaps for the first 10 minutes and another three months in chokey for him!