Mind your language

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

You might have missed it but Kinnear was the only one with the balls to take the job on.

"Balls" or "desperation"? I'd argue the latter.

In fact, I'd actually argue that in the football world there would have been others prepared to take on the role ... but of course we were in a mad hurry to appoint someone who couldn't even sit on the touchline for his first two games in charge.

Like who? David O Leary is the only one who comes to mind and he's a prick.

This argument that it's unprofessional or unbecoming is missing the point. We are a laughing stock anyway. We are a shit team playing losing football. If JFK manages to get these players performing well enough to get us a few points I honestly don't care what everyone else thinks. Simon Bird and his press friends can all fuck off. Right off.

Yes, and then JK will be fucking off back into obscurity where he came from before too long too. Let's just see what he can do with the players on the pitch rather than the journalists in the press room eh? Cos he's going to look mightily foolish if we don't improve.

Let's just see what he can do with the players on the pitch rather than the journalists in the press room eh?

Well, yeah, but that goes without saying and I don't think anyone is saying any different.

I personally don't care how this reflects on him or the club - we're just about as low as we can get anyway, so why not have a laugh along the way? Of course it was completely unprofessional, but right now I care only about picking points up and getting the right people in as the new owners of this football club.

You might have missed it but Kinnear was the only one with the balls to take the job on.

In fact, I'd actually argue that in the football world there would have been others prepared to take on the role ... but of course we were in a mad hurry to appoint someone who couldn't even sit on the touchline for his first two games in charge.

This argument that it's unprofessional or unbecoming is missing the point. We are a laughing stock anyway. We are a shit team playing losing football. If JFK manages to get these players performing well enough to get us a few points I honestly don't care what everyone else thinks. Simon Bird and his press friends can all fuck off. Right off.

Yes, and then JK will be fucking off back into obscurity where he came from before too long too. Let's just see what he can do with the players on the pitch rather than the journalists in the press room eh? Cos he's going to look mightily foolish if we don't improve.

It won't take much to improve will it? It's not like were pulling up any trees before Kinnear came along and uttered a few profanities.

Just been watching Setanta News and even Wenger's backing him :lol:

Guest toon of the town

Sometimes there are managers who fall out with the press for whatever reason and chose not to do interviews with them.  Good on JK for giving some s**t back.

they really dont like being held to account for what they write, they are f-king c-nts,

Well said joe, good on ya.

i hope whatever happens, Joe does Well here, and gets kept on under the new regime,

I rekon he would make a brilliant press officer.

I'd say balls, unlike those who were asked before him and turned the job down.

It won't take much to improve will it? It's not like were pulling up any trees before Kinnear came along and uttered a few profanities.

Just been watching Setanta News and even Wenger's backing him :lol:

Scolari isn't  :lol:

“He is a coach? I don't know him. I am a man of peace.”

Guest bluegeordie

If JFK can get the team playing well enough to secure some points then great, but in my view it will have little to do with an amateurish and ill-informed rant in a press conference. I think that his problem with the media is largely a personal one based in the past, mixed with his current concerns over how he will be made to appear while he's in the managerial shopfront window, and has little to nothing to do with the deep-seated frustration that we all feel with the way the southern media always seem to cover NUFC.

As for who else could have taken over, I grant you that apart from O'Leary there were very few others that were reportedly in the frame and (possibly) interested, but imo that probably has more to do with who Ashley and co put in the frame, than with those who it might have been possible to attract to the role. At the end of the day, in the short term we don't need a fantastic manager, because there's no players to sign and insufficient time to re-work any kind of system; we simply need someone who can motivate the players and has enough common sense to pick a side that at least has a chance of working (that is, not playing Zoggy at left back, Stroller anywhere etc).

Guest Synthespian

Not sure it's worth 3+ threads tbh

:aww:

maybe it does actually. :crazy2:

I agree it's totally unprofessional, but I'm on his side.  If he doesn't stand up, it continues.

And that's the best way.  If they do it again, then there'll be trouble.

I say we give the man a cricket bat, a chainsaw, a case of Jack Daniels and then let him do whatever he wants.  If he wants 4-5-1, fair enough.  If he feels like savagely beating Shola Ameobi for a poor performance or attacking the press corps with a paint ball gun, fair game.  If he decides to set the dressing room on fire at half time when we are 0-2 down, I'm cool with that. 

I believe in Joe Kinnear. 

Not sure it's worth 3+ threads tbh

:aww:

maybe it does actually. :crazy2:

I agree it's totally unprofessional, but I'm on his side.  If he doesn't stand up, it continues.

And that's the best way.  If they do it again, then there'll be trouble.

As I've said, I think it's unprofessional in the extreme however I can imagine it's a good feeling that he's 'got one over' the media.

Guest Howaythetoon

Embarrassing tbh.

Not if Keegan had said it, I bet.

That's a cheap shot. I could easily say if Souness, Big Sam or Freddy Shepherd said it there wouldn't be so much gushing....

For what it's worth I quite like Joe Kinnear, he's a genuine football guy who I'm happy to see as our temporary manager here at Newcastle United but his outburst I find very embarrassing. There is no need for it and it just brings more negative headlines our way. If this is how he handles a bit of press flack it doesn't fill me with any degree of confidence that he is capable of handling the situation he has bravely took on. I also wonder what the players make of all this. It paints Kinnear in a very bad light and indeed Newcastle United. Ironically he can be quite an articulate and considered speaker.

Roll on the end to all this shit.

Guest fraser

Funny interview if it was from someone else. Personally think its really unproffessional and not something the club needed, not in that context anyway. Would of had no issue if he'd articulated his criticsims of the press in an eloquent manner but that is ridiculous, what kind of message does that send to the people?

If anything that will focus attention on us as a club and i iamagine sharpen the criticsims of us - will only get more and more tedious.

Poor form!

I cannot quite work out the preoccupation with what others might think of us; who cares?