Everton 2-2 Newcastle - 05/10/08 - Post match reaction from page 18

Nate

I get really excited whenever the Zog gets on the ball, the encouraging thing is that his flaws aren't technical, they're all mental, so he can be re-taught how to distribute the ball.  Also can't wait for him and Jonas bombing down the wings.

Likewise.

If he'd have scuffed the ball, it'd have gone in. Damn I listen to Andy Gray too much :lol:

Guest neesy111

Souness is talking from experience because both him and Allardyce received favourable press even though they were useless simply because they were happy to feed them information.

didn't he say that because they hadn't won any medal's between them, then they shouldn't critcise him as they aren't clued up to be football managers

in that theory then alex ferguson and arsene wenger shouldn't be football managers ffs

Some of what Souness said was understandable. I'm with Kinnear on this one though...fuck the press.  :smug:

Quite chuffed about the result, i'm sure we were all assuming defeat was the only answer after we went 1-0 down never mind 2. I kept my mouth shut at 40minutes when the lads I was watchign it were saying we had no chanc eof owt though, and was repayed by a brilliant Steven Taylor header. After we equalise I felt rather proud of what we had achieved. Going 2-0 down under the circumstances we are in and after the recent form made it seem like it was impossible to claw any form of result out of it, yet we showed that belief and determination to get something.

Now we just have to kick on from that! It's not going to be easy but it can be done!

Guest Howaythetoon

Wonder if the press will talk about all those empty seats in the home ends and the booing, moaning and groaning from home fans. I guarantee they don't but instead will make an issue of only 900 Toon fans attending or whatever the number was, certs.

Guest Howaythetoon

How come people like Souness are so oblivious to how much they failed. Stunning arrogance from the man.

He will probably blame himself for a lot of it in private or wish he had of done this or that instead of doing this or that surely, no one person not even Souness is that deluded. No manager will ever admit their guilt in public however, especially those who still wish to gain employment again....

Only man that did was KK and live on telly managing England :lol: Took balls that because at the time he was still a hot prospect as a manager and had been quite unlucky with the setup he inherited with so many aging stars on the way out and new blood coming through at a time when short-term results were demanded rather than long-term progression.

thought Cacapa had a very good game today tbh, i'm a bit biased but think he's generally a very good CB

Think he has been very dependable this season, regardless of where we have played him. I dont think he has the physicality or pace to be starting but he has awareness, experience and a brain thats more engaged than the majority of our team.

Would have been great in his prime, should be no more than a squad player for us though imo.

thought Cacapa had a very good game today tbh, i'm a bit biased but think he's generally a very good CB

Think he has been very dependable this season, regardless of where we have played him. I dont think he has the physicality or pace to be starting but he has awareness, experience and a brain thats more engaged than the majority of our team.

Would have been great in his prime, should be no more than a squad player for us though imo.

I've been worried that he may turn into a typical NUFC defender, a la Boumsong, but in fairness, today he was splendid.

Guest Heneage

True but think Stephen if you'd told me theres 2 goals left in this game I'd have thought 3-1. We really could have won it too.

I'd like to think that now Kinnear is "properly" in charge on matchdays (touchline ban gone) it means the players won't be as shite first half as they have been in the last two games. We could have won both games easily if we'd played like we did second half all game.

Very good performance today, especially second half. Don't think either team deserved to lose Everton had chances to win and we would have won if Ameobi could put the ball in the back of the net. Pity I was sat with the Everton fans, but I couldn't hide the smile on my face when we equalized and for a while I thought that we were going to go on and win. Given was solid, Taylor was MOM for me Coloccini and Cacapa were both a bit shaky, Enrique isn't match ready yet for my money. Bassong was our best defender when he came on. Butt struggled, Guthrie was alot better second half and I thought that N'Zogbia, Duff and Geremi all had great games. Ameobi just needs to learn how to finish  :angry: Owen had a quiet day to be honest.

Any chance of a break now from the Duff bashing? I thought he had a good game today. Always involved.

There seems to be no leadership or communication at the back. We got away with it today, and hopefully Joe will be able to sort a few things out over the next fortnight.

We'll look a lot better once we get our full backs fit. Taylor and Bassong did their best, but defensively they struggled. Everton found it very easy to get their crosses in.

Guthrie looked good again, I thought. Showed a lot of courage and initiative.

Any chance of a break now from the Duff bashing? I thought he had a good game today. Always involved.

There seems to be no leadership or communication at the back. We got away with it today, and hopefully Joe will be able to sort a few things out over the next fortnight.

We'll look a lot better once we get our full backs fit. Taylor and Bassong did their best, but defensively they struggled. Everton found it very easy to get their crosses in.

Guthrie looked good again, I thought. Showed a lot of courage and initiative.

Personally I felt this was more down to the poor defending and cove rprovided by our wingers. Geremi is passed it and too slow and Charlie just doesn't have a defensive mind/any defensive qualities.