Newcastle United vs Citeh - Pre match thread

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Guest Gallowgate Mag

For once we can look forward to a game with a bit of optimism. Hopefully we'll have a few players back for this one and it'll give Joe a selection headache. Personally i'd go something along the lines of:

Given

Taylor Coloccini Cacapa Bassong

Jonas Geremi Guthrie N'Zogbia

Owen Duff

Harper, Beye, Enrique, Butt, Xisco, Ameobi, Banana

With Beye's injury I don't see the point in rushing him straight back and potentially risking it happening again, especially since Taylor had a good game there against Man City. I'd say the same with Jonas as well usually, the the thought of Nicky Butt in the centre against Elano and Kompany isn't the nicest.

Kinnear to inspire the boys to a 2-1 win.

If we had Jonas against Everton i believe we would have won the game.

Citeh have more threat than Everton but i don't think they are good as people think. We can beat them.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

If we had Jonas against Everton i believe we would have won the game.

Citeh have more threat than Everton but i don't think they are good as people think. We can beat them.

The twice i've seen them play, Wigan and Nicosia, they've looked very average. No coincidence they've both been away from home games as well. We need to get stuck in to them early.

Couldn't care less about good performances atm, we need points. I feel fairly apathetic when we lose such is the situation we're in, but we are gonna get a new manager and a new set-up at some point, and we can't afford to slip too far behind. We've had a decent result and a decent fight from the lads in the last game; we've got players back for this one so we really need to kick on.

Guest Heneage

This game is important last one pre-derby and we need to get into them their attack isnt as infallable as made out.

Im afraid that Swp, elano, jo and robinho easily will create problems for our shaky defence!

not so sure. i've seen them a bit recently and it'll be more  amidfield problem than defensive one. at the same time citeh look poor defensivly as a team.

Guest Heneage

I was listening to Football Weekly on my I-pod and they said that on training days the lads come in and play pool and Xbox before and after training, I know its clutching at the finest of straws but it would not suprise me if with their amount of Brazilians possibly undiscplined as Elano showed he was at the tail end of the season that a cold night on Tyneside might be a bit much.

Im afraid that Swp, elano, jo and robinho easily will create problems for our shaky defence!

not so sure. i've seen them a bit recently and it'll be more  amidfield problem than defensive one. at the same time citeh look poor defensivly as a team.

I think Zabaleta is out suspended too

Wouldnt mind seeing this, bizarre as it is:

Given

Beye Coloccini Taylor/Bassong Enrique/Bassong

Guthrie

Jonas                              N'Zogbia

Owen  Duff

Ameobi

Harper, Taylor, Geremi, Butt, Xisco, Ranger, Cacapa

Guthrie might get overan there but I think a no-nosense backline would be a good approach, we will have to attack man city, they will come at us, they will score and more than once, could be an old fashioned Keegan game, IF we can find some decent attacking play.

I expect to see:

Given

Beye  Taylor  Coloccini  Enrique

Duff  Geremi  Guthrie    N'Zogbia

Owen Ameobi

Im hoping.................

Gk;Given

RB Beye

CB Taylor

CB Colocinni

LB Bassong

RM Jonas

CM Guthrie

CM Geremi

LM Zog

ST Owen

ST Duff[Not so sure abt the Duffer but who the fuck else have we plus he deserves his chance after a very important goal for us against Everton]

I reckon we will win this 2-1                       

I'd take a draw here. Beye should be back for this one so we will have even more of a threat going down the right than we did on Sunday with Taylor. Big decision for JK is whether to go with Bassong or Enrique at left back, we definately looked alot more solid with Bassong there on Sunday, and I still don't think Enrique looked 100%. I agree with the general sentiment expressed that we need to get at themearly give N'zogbia and Duff free reign in the Midfield and we can cause them problems going forward and maybe get the win.

Guest Ice__Mag

Given

Beye  Taylor  Colo  Enrique

Jonas Geremi Guthrie Zog

Owen Duff

I'd go for this but I cant see Butt being dropped. Ameobi on with 25 mins to go.

The few times I've watched Man City this season they haven't been anything special. Colo will probably be up for this game as will Jonas what with being Argentinians and all. I'd go for 3-1 to the Toon. Owen, Guthrie and N'Zogbia scorers...

The key to beating Man City will be to close down their midfield as if we give them space to play in Robinho we'll be well fucked. Get a few heavy challenges in on the brazilians early and we should be cruising.

I was listening to Football Weekly on my I-pod and they said that on training days the lads come in and play pool and Xbox before and after training, I know its clutching at the finest of straws but it would not suprise me if with their amount of Brazilians possibly undiscplined as Elano showed he was at the tail end of the season that a cold night on Tyneside might be a bit much.

Elano scored against us last season on a colder night...