The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Problem is that everyone knows that Man City will be buying/selling a lot in January. We'll face a lot of competition for the likes of Elano or Johnson and competition for players isn't something we can handle at the moment I"m afraid.

yeah but it's the oldest story in the book man, anyone worth having is gonna be wanted by others, what're we supposed to do?  give up before we start (well, we did against liverpool i suppose ;))

Find more Bassongs.

More difficult than it sounds but it's our best option.

well, yeah, i suppose dennis and his team (cough, spit) should have had plenty of time the last few months to be digging up some more players eh?

i still think we need to rustle up some of them but we also really need to spend decent money on some quality or it ain't gonna work...

Ar I know that, just reckon there'd be Inter fans a bit sceptical about it too.

Doubt it, at least Owen's played quite a few Premiership games and scored nearly a goal every other game, the stats are there to see even if you don't watch the Premiership.  I can't find a thing about Suazo's record..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1103395/Inter-launch-Newcastle-raid-Owen-stop-gap-No-1-target-Chelsea-striker-Drogba.html?ITO=1490

Okay so let's assume that this is for real and Inter are interested in Owen and make an offer in January which includes Suazo coming this way, and Suazo and Owen are indeed interested in making the switch, would people go for this?

All things considered I think I would.

I dont know if I would be happy with,would be a bit of a risk.If Owen stays till the end of the season I think his goals will keep us up where Suazo doesnt have much time to adapt to the premiership.It would be ideal if it happened last summer

I'd try for the following, and i think we'd have a reasonable chance of getting them:

Jonny Evans

James McFadden

Papa Bouba Diop

Baptista (loan)

A decent left back

That addresses all the positions we need cover for except right back, but if i remember correctly Evans has played there in the past.

JE - Is going nowhere.

JMc - He is not that good

PBD -  Broke

Bap - I dont Roma would sell him

Has nobody mentioned the Journals report this morning that we apparently want Kightly from Wolves, some kid from Cardiff and Kevin Doyle from Reading.

In regards Doyle, he may well be an astute signing to play alongside Owen or (next season) Oba. Viduka is a thorough waste of time, Shola is unreliable and Xisco may as well go home now as Kinnear will never play him unless tortured by bamboo. Doyle had one very good season in the Premier League and one poor one when Reading went down.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Speaking on the latest situation regarding transfers, Kinnear asked Toon fans to stay calm.

He said today: “The fans need to know there is a lot of work going in regarding transfers in the background.

“We are making offers for players at the moment.

“Offers have been made, but then you must wait for the clubs to come back to you.

“They will wait to see what other clubs offer and take it from there.

“Loans are a good option for us, and if we can get quality loan signings in we are making progress to tide us over.”

Chronicle

Dont like the bit at the end, sounds like scrimping and scraping.

Speaking on the latest situation regarding transfers, Kinnear asked Toon fans to stay calm.

He said today: “The fans need to know there is a lot of work going in regarding transfers in the background.

“Offers have been made, but then you must wait for the clubs to come back to you.

“Loans are a good option for us, and if we can get quality loan signings in we are making progress to tide us over.”

Chronicle

Sounds like complete bollocks as usual from Kinnear.

He said today: The fans need to know there is a lot of work going in regarding transfers in the background.

We are making offers for players at the moment.

Offers have been made, but then you must wait for the clubs to come back to you.

They will wait to see what other clubs offer and take it from there.

Loans are a good option for us, and if we can get quality loan signings in we are making progress to tide us over.

Chronicle

Sounds spot on to me. We'll not be relegated even if we get no players in the January window, and i'm not that keen on Kinnear spending our money, especially when he's not here long term. Two or three good loanees would be fine with me.

He said today: The fans need to know there is a lot of work going in regarding transfers in the background.

Offers have been made, but then you must wait for the clubs to come back to you.

Loans are a good option for us, and if we can get quality loan signings in we are making progress to tide us over.

Chronicle

Sounds spot on to me. We'll not be relegated even if we get no players in the January window, and i'm not that keen on Kinnear spending our money, especially when he's not here long term. Two or three good loanees would be fine with me.

For better or worse though Yorkie, Ashley staying put means JK is staying too. If there is money then he might as well be given a chance to spend it.

I really think he'll be given a two year contract if he keeps us up.

Chronicle

For better or worse though Yorkie, Ashley staying put means JK is staying too. If there is money then he might as well be given a chance to spend it.

I really think he'll be given a two year contract if he keeps us up.

I guess that's where we differ really. If Ashley is going to take this seriously, which i believe he is going to now (he has to, or he won't sell it), then he needs to appoint a good manager. I think he knows this tbh, you'd hope he does.

Chronicle

I just hope that any offers made are serious ones and not token gestures that the selling clubs are just going to laugh at.