The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

I think everyone involved has proved themselves to be incompetent wasters, with no real nouse of how to run the club properly. That includes Kinnear, who is the main one to have scuppered any signings. If he'd never opened his mouth we might have had a couple of signings by half-way, but no - he divulged every grain of information on who we were going for, when we were going for them, and how much money we had. Failure was to be expected. They're a joke.

That said, i don't think it's a major issue. Nothing to slit wrists over - we've brought in a couple of average joes who have improved the side ever so slightly, imo. Not a great deal, but when you consider we may have been stuck with Geremi/Edgar/Duff week-in, week-out had we not signed Nolan and Taylor... we've avoided a really bad situation, just.

The incompetence of the guys at the top can't be ignored, but our situation hasn't changed a massive amount, and it's not as if this shit club was ever going to attract really good players.

Guest LucasUnger

must be about time for Sky Sports to go live to SJP to see all the mongs with pitchforks and flaming torches storming the ground.

it has nothing to do with sport. but they are already showing it on skynews ;)

Guest LucasUnger

i'm 100% sure that there'll be at least another player with taylor and nolan. 100% sure.

come on

Lovenkrands

haha

fuck off

So 2 players who didn't want to be here have been sold.

Nolan, Taylor and Lovenkrands have been brought in. We also had a big bid in for Johnson but City rejected it. We sniffed around Veloso but didn't actually make a bid. Is that about the gist of our dealings?  ???

Where did those two loan signings go??

Which ones were they again?  :lol:

Not been in long from work and I'm just trying to work out what has and hasn't happened.  ??? I'll be fucked if I'm wading through the last 54 pages.

Do people not remember the time where Ashley said he wouldn't fund the club anymore after the protests? What exactly do you think has changed.

If we've sold players for a profit, it's to pay the other useless wankers at the club who are bleeding it dry.

Some people need to suck it up and get real, the outgoing players couldn't be helped and the incomers are decent.

For Christ's sake, obviously we all wanted more but we all know it's rock hard to get good players in January.

The outgoing players were on long contracts. Of course we didn't have to sell them, the only point in doing so was to strengthen the squad. We've actually fucking weakened it.

Guest The Libertine

Taylor > Duff

Nolan > Geremi

Could have been worse, could have been better.

is Taylor better than Duff on the wing? he certainly isn't better than N'zogbia. Horrible window yet again

Really..a player from Bolton and one from wigan?? Shows how low our expectations are..buying off clubs around us..

Yep should have signed Lampard and Ronaldo.

No one's asked for massive signings FFS

Just an improvement on our squad

I think we have done that.

we have. but most people made their minds up months ago that we havent.

In what way do you feel we've improved the squad?

given wanted out and handed in a transfer request. little we can do about that. harper is a more than adequate replacement and is free. £6 million up + big wages gone. just a loss/a draw at best.

n'zogbia WAS NEVER GOING TO PLAY FOR US AGAIN. lovenkrands WILL PLAY FOR US. £6 million up. win by default.

nolan is better than butt, smith, geremi and is far more reliable than barton. win.

taylor plays in many positions and is a decent squad player (squad depth innit). win.

overall, improvement. not a huge one but an improvement.

Why the f*** did we give them Given until we got an agreement for a player in place. I just cant get my head around that

Selling Given was a wise move.  He wanted out, we got good money for him.

Johnson would have been a bit of a gamble too.  Massive alcoholic.

Nolan, Taylor and Lovenkrands have been brought in. We also had a big bid in for Johnson but City rejected it. We sniffed around Veloso but didn't actually make a bid. Is that about the gist of our dealings?  ???

Not been in long from work and I'm just trying to work out what has and hasn't happened.  ??? I'll be fucked if I'm wading through the last 54 pages.

You summarised it nicely, Midds. :thup:

Taylor > Duff

Nolan > Geremi

is Taylor better than Duff on the wing? he certainly isn't better than N'zogbia. Horrible window yet again

Really..a player from Bolton and one from wigan?? Shows how low our expectations are..buying off clubs around us..

Cover for both full back positons, a central midfielder who will shoot and get into the box but wont be in prison or injured a lot and a left winger/forward with lots of pace.

Ok we lost Given but we have a lot of keepers and Harper is a good premiership keeper. N'Zogbia was a good player (although nowhere near as good as some make out) but a stroppy little tossers and I am glad he is gone.

Its been far from perfect and I am disappointed, especially with the hope we were givenn first thing but it hasn't been a complete disaster.

Wasn't it last week when Kinnear said two loan signings were practically done and dusted? :lol:

I lose track of the bullshit during the transfer window there's that much of it. Gladly have managed to resist the urge to tune into SSN today as well, as I fully expected things to turn out as they have done. Been great fun on here though!

Do people not remember the time where Ashley said he wouldn't fund the club anymore after the protests? What exactly do you think has changed.

If we've sold players for a profit, it's to pay the other useless wankers at the club who are bleeding it dry.

I thought he said he was now fully committed to the club and looked to 'move the club forwards in 2009'. Didn't that supercede the 'no longer willing to subsidise NUFC' statement?

Taylor > Duff

Nolan > Geremi

given wanted out and handed in a transfer request. little we can do about that. harper is a more than adequate replacement and is free. £6 million up + big wages gone. just a loss/a draw at best.

n'zogbia WAS NEVER GOING TO PLAY FOR US AGAIN. lovenkrands WILL PLAY FOR US. £6 million up. win by default.

nolan is better than butt, smith, geremi and is far more reliable than barton. win.

taylor plays in many positions and is a decent squad player (squad depth innit). win.

overall, improvement. not a huge one but an improvement.

Injured during the window Barton, Owen Carroll.

Cover ...nil =loss