The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

We were linked witht his guy in the summer weren't we?

He was one of the sort of not so obvious types we were linked with throughout the summer and it was hard to tell if we were really after them or not.

Should be interesting to see if we bring a number of these types of players in January. It would probably be a clear indication that Wise and his team were really after these sorts, which Keegan wasn't as comfortable with.

That's what I reckon, I think we would have seen many more signings but Keegan wouldn't approve these and Ashley would only back Keegan if Wise said Keegan's targets were worth signing, then on the last day Ashley, Wise et al got sick and bought Xisco and loaned Nachoman.

Which so called hidden gems did KK stop the club signing? As we signed: Jak Alnwick a England U16 goalkeeper, Aaron Spear the so called next Wayne Rooney & Nile was singed.

Every player singed (not loaned) for the first team level had played in the Europe's best leagues last year & all were either internationals or U internationals, hardly unknowns plucked from South America or some shanty town in Africa..

I don't think KK would have any say on youth players tbh.  I'm not sure if he did prevent us from sisgning someone, I just think it would make sense if he did.  He certainly wasn't allowed to go for his own targets or we would have had at least one from the scottish leagues as Keegan kept on goin on about it.

Know that for a fact do you?

The irony.

He was one of the sort of not so obvious types we were linked with throughout the summer and it was hard to tell if we were really after them or not.

Should be interesting to see if we bring a number of these types of players in January. It would probably be a clear indication that Wise and his team were really after these sorts, which Keegan wasn't as comfortable with.

That's what I reckon, I think we would have seen many more signings but Keegan wouldn't approve these and Ashley would only back Keegan if Wise said Keegan's targets were worth signing, then on the last day Ashley, Wise et al got sick and bought Xisco and loaned Nachoman.

Which so called hidden gems did KK stop the club signing? As we signed: Jak Alnwick a England U16 goalkeeper, Aaron Spear the so called next Wayne Rooney & Nile was singed.

Every player singed (not loaned) for the first team level had played in the Europe's best leagues last year & all were either internationals or U internationals, hardly unknowns plucked from South America or some shanty town in Africa..

I don't think KK would have any say on youth players tbh.  I'm not sure if he did prevent us from sisgning someone, I just think it would make sense if he did.  He certainly wasn't allowed to go for his own targets or we would have had at least one from the scottish leagues as Keegan kept on goin on about it.

The irony.

Do go on.....

I think you'll find I've always said that it comes down to a matter of trust, and due to everything Kevin Keegan has done for this club in the past, that is why he gets my backing over Mike Ashley.

The irony.

Do go on.....

I think you'll find I've always said that it comes down to a matter of trust, and due to everything Kevin Keegan has done for this club in the past, that is why he gets my backing over Mike Ashley.

And thats fair enough. Im not 'attacking' that, your beliefs are down to faith in one man and are void of facts themsevels, and thats fine with me, I just think its a little ironic that you'd call someone out  on thier 'percieved' lack of facts to back up a perfectly good explainationation. Just seems a little hypocritical, thats all.

Currant Bun:

Juan for the Toon

By STEVE BRENNER

NEWCASTLE are set to make a transfer window swoop in January for Fiorentinas Peruvian midfielder Juan Vargas.

The 25-year-old ace is rated at around £8million but has failed to settle in Serie A.

And he would be available on loan with a view to a permanent switch in the summer.

Director of football Dennis Wise jetted to Italy last weekend only to find Vargas was crocked.

But Toon gaffer Joe Kinnear has already seen and heard enough to want to bring him over to St James Park.

Vargas can play at left-back, left wing or in central midfield and would instill some much needed creativity into the struggling Toon.

Vargas used to play left back for my other team Universitario in Lima. He played for them for a couple of seasons, when the club had severe cashflow problems, and the quality around him was poor. However, he was a cracking player, who had loads of natural ability, was technically excellent. His down sides were that he is not blessed with pace, and would often get caught out at the back after a surging run forward.

I do remember one abslute blinder he scored from left backmaking a great run wide left, playing a 1-2 with I think Alva and volleying in from the edge of the box into the top right hand corner. I was right behind this and was up in the air as he shot - and against the mackems of Lima (Alianza)! He originally left for Argentina and then to Italy. he has always so far made the step up.

Currant Bun:

Juan for the Toon

By STEVE BRENNER

NEWCASTLE are set to make a transfer window swoop in January for Fiorentina’s Peruvian midfielder Juan Vargas.

The 25-year-old ace is rated at around £8million but has failed to settle in Serie A.

And he would be available on loan with a view to a permanent switch in the summer.

Director of football Dennis Wise jetted to Italy last weekend only to find Vargas was crocked.

But Toon gaffer Joe Kinnear has already seen and heard enough to want to bring him over to St James’ Park.

Vargas can play at left-back, left wing or in central midfield — and would instill some much needed creativity into the struggling Toon.

Vargas used to play left back for my other team Universitario in Lima. He played for them for a couple of seasons, when the club had severe cashflow problems, and the quality around him was poor. However, he was a cracking player, who had loads of natural ability, was technically excellent. His down sides were that he is not blessed with pace, and would often get caught out at the back after a surging run forward.

I do remember one abslute blinder he scored from left backmaking a great run wide left, playing a 1-2 with I think Alva and volleying in from the edge of the box into the top right hand corner. I was right behind this and was up in the air as he shot - and against the mackems of Lima (Alianza)! He originally left for Argentina and then to Italy. he has always so far made the step up.

cracking player from what I saw  at Catania and very good going forward but not the greatest defensively I believe? Fiorentina fans have been saying hes been a massive flop  but more that he has not justified his 12m price tag that they paid.

Juan for the Toon

By STEVE BRENNER

NEWCASTLE are set to make a transfer window swoop in January for Fiorentina’s Peruvian midfielder Juan Vargas.

But Toon gaffer Joe Kinnear has already seen and heard enough to want to bring him over to St James’ Park.

Vargas can play at left-back, left wing or in central midfield — and would instill some much needed creativity into the struggling Toon.

Good work Dennis!

Vargas was on the bench so if he was injured it's easy to understand why he wouldn't know, he played in the CL game in the week.

Guest LucaAltieri

Was reading earlier that Spurs are preparing to put a cheeky £1m bid in for Ranger in January.

Seriously? :lol:

Link if you don't mind...

I'll dig it out for you.

I wouldn't worry about it anyway. Surely Kinnear wouldn't sell up and coming talent to finance moves for more established players.

Guest LucaAltieri

Very good defender, I'd be impressed if we bought him in given our current situation.  He's 29 like and £7.5 million isn't peanuts but I think he'd be worth it.

To play ahead of Colo or Bassong?