The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest elbee909

Van Bommel is in his final year of contract and would like to play in England

Bayern has offered him a new contract and he will surely sign it! He's their captain so why should he leave them?

Where you from mate?

I'm guessing Germany

Van Bommel is in his final year of contract and would like to play in England

Bayern has offered him a new contract and he will surely sign it! He's their captain so why should he leave them?

Where you from mate?

I'm guessing Germany

had him down as dutch myself

Moussa Sissoko has revealed that he would welcome a move to the Premier League.

The talented teenager, currently on the books of French side Toulouse, admits that he harbours ambitions of one day taking on a new challenge in England.

His combative box-to-box mentality would appear to be ideally suited for a switch across the Channel, with plenty of scope still available for further improvement.

The France U21 international has been generating a lot of interest from across Europe, with the 19-year-old aware of attention emanating out of Newcastle.

"I don't know where the speculation regarding Newcastle has come from, but it is good to be watched by scouts," Sissoko told skysports.com.

"Sometimes these things come to nothing and they recruit a different player, but if they want me then I am working hard.

"I love the Premier League. It is the best league in the world. The stadiums are always full and I believe my game would be suited to the English style as I like the physical aspects of it.

"Newcastle? They are a big team, with big support. From what I have been told they have the best fans in England.

"But, it is up to Toulouse. I am happy here and I am still learning. If they think it is time for me to move on then I will, but at the moment my desire is to play for Toulouse and keep on proving myself."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4653762,00.html

Anyone ever seen much of him before? As we're crying out for some quality in the middle of the park.

I can't say I have but apparently he had some of the top4 after him about a year ago but wanted to stay in France.

France have has some good young CM come through over the last few years so lets hope he's another, that young lad at Boro who we were supposed to be interested in has been impressive whenever I've seen him.

Anyone ever seen much of him before? As we're crying out for some quality in the middle of the park.

I can't say I have but apparently he had some of the top4 after him about a year ago but wanted to stay in France.

France have has some good young CM come through over the last few years so lets hope he's another, that young lad at Boro who we were supposed to be interested in has been impressive whenever I've seen him.

They raved about Digard on the radio after we played them, although I never really noticed him that much during the game itself, but the game was as dull as dishwater, like it normally is when we play down there. Although by all accounts he has been a good signing for them, or so says my Smoggie mate.

Steven Mouyokolo admits to being flattered by talk of a possible New Year switch to England.

The 21-year-old has caught the eye with Ligue 2 surprise package Boulogne-sur-Mer this season, helping the French minnows silence their pre-season detractors.

The centre-half is one of many players at the club to be attracting interest from afar, with teams across Europe hoping to snap up a bargain.

Mouyokolo is refusing to read too much into rumours linking him with a move to the Premier League, but concedes that he is intrigued by the possibility.

"I am flattered by the speculation, it means I am doing my job properly, but I am just focused on doing the best I can," he told skysports.com.

Ambition

"The Premier League is a dream for me, but I think I may need more time to get myself ready. My ambition is to compete in Ligue 1 before moving on to a bigger division.

"For now all this is just speculation anyaway, my club look after me and if they are happy to let me go then fine, I am ambitious.

"I will move one day but I don't want to leave with enemies at the club because without them I would not have been given the opportunity to generate rumours.

"But, as the English say, let's wait and see what happens."

In the last few weeks Wigan, Middlesbrough, Newcastle and Bolton are all believed to have all cast an eye over Mouyokolo.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4653644,00.html

Apparently, Aiden McGeady has had a bust-up with Strachan, so we are obviously linked with him again

Fits the bill quite nicely - young, available, probably not too pricey, plays on both wings.

We could do a hell of a lot worse.

Apparently, Aiden McGeady has had a bust-up with Strachan, so we are obviously linked with him again

Fits the bill quite nicely - young, available, probably not too pricey, plays on both wings.

And probably will.

Will be pricey as fuck. Don't think we need him personally. Already have Jonas and Zog for the left wing.

Will be pricey as fuck. Don't think we need him personally. Already have Jonas and Zog for the left wing.

Jonas & McGeady can play on either wing, so in theory they could switch whenever it suited them during a game, just to fuck with the full-back's heads.

Not sure that he'd be that expensive either, he's fallen out badly with Strachan by the sounds of things so they may be tempted into a short-term loan deal till the end of the season or a deal involving players like Duff & Smith.

We'd be crazy not to investigate how much they're after for him at the very least.

a deal involving players like Duff & Smith.

bingo, everyone's a winner, apart from the celtic fans

Jonas & McGeady can play on either wing, so in theory they could switch whenever it suited them during a game, just to f*** with the full-back's heads.

Not sure that he'd be that expensive either, he's fallen out badly with Strachan by the sounds of things so they may be tempted into a short-term loan deal till the end of the season or a deal involving players like Duff & Smith.

We'd be crazy not to investigate how much they're after for him at the very least.

They (Celtic) benefitted from the Sourpuss Bellamy fall out so I so they owe us a loan deal at the very least, don't know much about him though as I never watch Scottish football. I even stay clear of them in the CL

Celtic wouldn't get anywhere near either Smith or Duff's wages.

EDIT - Interesting article btw, especially this bit.

McGeady, for instance, has always regarded himself as a creative central midfielder and has frequently looked resentful over Strachan's insistence on using his pace, ball control and potentially fruitful delivery of crosses from wide areas.

McGeady, for instance, has always regarded himself as a creative central midfielder and has frequently looked resentful over Strachan's insistence on using his pace, ball control and potentially fruitful delivery of crosses from wide areas.

Everybody thinks they are a creative central midfielder.

He's tiny so he would have to play just behind the striker, so not sure where he would fit into our team if he doesn't want to play out wide.

Whilst they might not be able to pay the reputed £60,000 per week that Duff & Smith are both on, Celtic do play in Europe each season which brings in a decent amount of cash, so even if £60,000 per week is out of the question, £30,000+ and the guarantee of a winner's medal at the end of each season might be enough to tempt them.

If it's not enough I'd be happy for us to subsidise Duff & Smith's wages for a year or two, just as long as I never have to see either of them in a Newcastle shirt again.